Dynadot

Namesilo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Anyone have any experience of Namesilo !? I've been using Godaddy for a long time and notice that Namesilo are around 50% cheaper for both reg and renewal for most domains !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are excellent, way cheaper and "clearer" than GD.

•••
Sure, before working at Epik I tried their platform
Great pricing, but it's possible to find better elsewhere ;)

They were the most known on NP at the time
Before going with them, compare the other options you have, you may find something that suits your needs better (Epik, Dynadot, some still use GD discount club..)
It all depends on what you are looking for

Gube

•••
Their customer service has been really great.

•••
•••
they have their own marketplace also, if you want to sell them you can do it right there on their platform, but so does godaddy, epik, and dynadot.

•••
They are awesome! great pricing , great people!

•••
Anyone have any experience of Namesilo !? I've been using Godaddy for a long time and notice that Namesilo are around 50% cheaper for both reg and renewal for most domains !

I have moved a lot of my names from GoDaddy over to NameSilo. Tired of the GoDaddy bugs and the bloated interface. Love the minimal interface over the "latest". I just want to see my names and work with them, sometimes in bulk, and have that interface be quick and not crash on me. NameSilo does the job. So does Epik and Dynadot, IMHO...

•••
I'm not sure what's up with them. I've had them for a while and have been good, but all the sudden now I'm being harassed by phone and email with spam stuff I've NEVER gotten in the past with my namesilo domains. I even bought a new domain name and immediately was contacted despite the privacy setting.

When I asked to talk to the CEO's office, they blocked my account from getting support.

•••
I'm not sure what's up with them. I've had them for a while and have been good, but all the sudden now I'm being harassed by phone and email with spam stuff I've NEVER gotten in the past with my namesilo domains. I even bought a new domain name and immediately was contacted despite the privacy setting.

When I asked to talk to the CEO's office, they blocked my account from getting support.
Strange, are the spam emails going directly to your email, or are they sent to the privacy email ?
If sent to the privacy email, you could use some filters in your mailbox to limit these :)

•••
I think that the registrars listed in this thread are all good choices. I use all of them, and I am not sure that, other than a bit of convenience, there is a strong reason to use only one. If you buy or sell from other domainers, often with push, you will probably end up using more than one registrar anyway. There may be advantages in holding certain domain names at certain registrars.

Here is a short list of what I consider.
  1. Pricing
  2. Trust and responsive contact if I need help
  3. A registrar marketplace and nice landers (I like this option for transactions, even though will not always use it)
  4. Ability to easily and quickly do transfers via both Push and Auth Code (e.g. easy way to override the 5 day wait)
  5. Integration with both Sedo and Afternic networks, if you use those sales platforms
  6. Privacy, without additional charge, if you plan to use that
  7. Confidence that they will respect due process if a dispute arises
  8. Transparent pricing and policies.
Occasionally pricing leads me to give up some of the others, like a marketplace with nice landers or lack of Sedo/Afternic premium network integration.

Best wishes whatever you decide.

Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back