Dynadot

NameSilo unveils new website design

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I noticed this morning that NameSilo has a brand new website. There is a link at the top of the page to try out the new website.

It looks nice in my opinion. Hope it is as fast as the old one. I really liked how fast the site was.

Let's give @namesilo our impressions.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not a massive improvement imo, if any. All I can sea of change is the main page, and the header menu and a never-ending footer area. The rest of the menu system remains the same, so they've combined some new with old. I actually prefer the old, the new seems amateurish and pointless...not to mention the flashy "lowest cost website, email" advert.
I like the old one better. It's funny because as simple as their site was, I really liked it. Now it's okay. Just like all the other ones.

•••
The old version is better than any other interface at any registrar. They are changing it cause a few people complained it looked outdated. Ashame that the complaints of a few always are seen as what the mass wants when it usually isn't.

•••
If it ain't broken, why fix it?

•••
It's usually a suck design, @namesilo should know that now most of people use their mobile to do everything on internet.

On my mobile, its horrible looking website.
Screenshot_2018-11-01-12-33-37-723_com.android.chrome.png

•••
Not a massive improvement imo, if any. All I can sea of change is the main page, and the header menu and a never-ending footer area. The rest of the menu system remains the same, so they've combined some new with old. I actually prefer the old, the new seems amateurish and pointless...not to mention the flashy "lowest cost website, email" advert.

•••
It's usually a suck design, @namesilo should know that now most of people use their mobile to do everything on internet.

Some providers have great websites with modern and sleek design, poor customer support and insane prices.

Some providers have great customer support, unbeatable prices, and websites that could look better, with old-school simplicity.

It's up to you to choose. If it's terrible for you, don't use it.

•••
I disapprove of the new design. The bulk search especially is much worst. The current color coded horizontal results output is best. An improvement would be to allow sorting of the output and also to prevent manually selected tlds from timing out. But instead there is a redesign that will not meet my needs.

Another big issue with the redesign is the web design practice of "white space / negative space" that has taken over the internet. It has gotten so ridiculous that on many sites / pages all the information actually presented could fit into less than 10% of the actual page volume displayed and it looks like this new NS homepage follows this horrible trend. Flippa just also did this. Atrocious web design IMHO.

In addition I see sites misuse the negative space by combining small font size with it - which is what NS has also done. Has NS taken into consideration users that have issues with eyesight?

It really comes across like the uncool kid trying to be cool by copying a trend that should be on the tail end of being played out. Namesilo needs to take the lead by being original and producing a redesign that combines a professional appearance with maximum end user utility. Of course, easier said than done - which is why there is so much awful web design out there.

Negative space should be used like pepper with a meal. With so much negative space the pepper becomes the meal.

Last edited:
•••
I tested it for a few minutes and went right back to the original. It was glitchy and I don’t like the header taking up one third of my screen as I scroll auctions on an iPad. Needs tweaking.

•••
Did anyone notice that Namesilo offers users a free marketplace site? And that you can include your domains at other registrars?

I didn't know.

I watched the how to video on their site. Looks good. And free.

•••
Thanks everyone for this thread and the feedback - our team is reading through all these comments in addition to our other feedback channels. To address a couple of the main comments:
1 - the old site will still be functional for anyone that prefers using it.
2 - we know the new site isn't yet mobile friendly, we'll be looking to change this over time as we continue to improve pages.

•••
There is a bug.
Try bulk option to check aviable domains, you just can paste, but cant use "enter" to jump the next row as before

•••

Show attachment 101628
Namesilo is the best user interface, even if it is not for mobiles and tablets.
I moved all my domains to namesilo.
The worst is GD interface.

•••
If you get stuck on the new design and want to use the old

clear your cookies and login again and it will be the old

site.

Not looking forward to having to use the new site

if it becomes the only option.

•••
The old version is better than any other interface at any registrar. They are changing it cause a few people complained it looked outdated. Ashame that the complaints of a few always are seen as what the mass wants when it usually isn't.
I agree

•••

I agree too.

I hope they don't change it.

•••
•••
Much much better really. @namesilo just move the go back top to the right, I see no need to have it on the right when the scroller is at the right :) , I see no changes with the control panel.

•••
@namesilo, please, maybe instead of a new design you just add style.css for mobiles and tablets?
Really it is very horrible now and if before I used namesilo bulk search for searching aviable domains, now I use another sites or soft. We all liked namesilo old design, please just create additional style.css for mobile layout and stop damage your website

•••
I do not like the new site and keep hitting the revert to old site tab.That and how they don’t provide instant transfers when you decide to leave (like many of their competitors do) has got me moving names out and registering elsewhere.

They actually have instant transfers. All your transfers are under the transfer menu, and you just have to hit approve button for all transfer outs and that's it.

•••
•••
Not exactly stunningly beautiful design, but hey, it works and they have the best features in the business in my opinion.

•••
The new design - like it is now - should have never went live. It is not well balanced both in visual/colors sense and in aspects of navigation. It is unfortunate that transfers page and the home page are "new" already.

•••
Still in beta but looks more professional and far better than the current design

•••
I like the old one better. It's funny because as simple as their site was, I really liked it. Now it's okay. Just like all the other ones.
At least they can easily revert back to their old if need be, the new one they've placed onto a subdomain. I'm sure NS will take all feedback into serious consideration..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back