Dynadot

NamesCon Europe 2019 Keynote Announced

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A surfer who raises money to support his surfing by giving motivational speeches because everything that anyone else does is just like surfing.

"Our carefully-curated program is 100% domain investor-focused... and we stamped it with our guarantee!"

Short version: Being a plumber sucks, so its better to be a surfer. Plumbers merely ensure the functioning of water and sanitation systems without which civilization as we know it would not be possible. But surfing is really cool since you can break your back if you are really good at it, and people will pay you to advertise their stuff while you do it, except when they stop doing that, and then you find out that people will pay you to stand around and talk about how that sucks until you find another way to get paid by just talking about it.

Last edited:
•••
where is the submission for this guys

•••
•••
I have grown up surfing, traveling the world in search of that perfect wave. Andrew is the real deal. He is willing to take on big waves that only a few would attempt. No doubt his attributes to do what he does is rare and astonishing.

However, being a surfer myself I can't see any connection with domain investing. Putting your life on the line to conquer the impossible really has nothing to do with domain investing, but I imagine that could be the draw. I wish him the best at Namescon.

In addition, I will shamelessly plug some of my domains for sale :xf.smile::
Surfer(.)org
Surfers(.)org

•••
I found that odd as well. My guess they picked him so that everyone can hangout with him at the beach. They wrote "don't forget to bring a bathing suit."

Looking at the agenda there are still quite a few spots TBA. Either they haven't gotten around to adding them to the site or still going through submissions.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
That is pretty cheap. NamesCon Global was 100,000 usd for guaranteed keynote and 25,000+ usd for panel, based on availability. 45,000+ usd & 75,000+ usd for speaking opportunities, based on availability. So yes, speakers are sponsors.

https://namescon.global/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/NamesCon-Global-2019_sales-booklet_v23.pdf

We are a developing domain name market in India and sponsors are very few. So I think we cannot even command that sort of rates ;)

Having said that above, if we even get a request for speaking slot from a sponsor, we push for clearly identifying the slot as sponsored in the event agenda/schedule for transparency reasons.

Sets right expectations IMO

P.S. Strictly not comparing any other event in my response :)

•••
we push for clearly identifying the slot as sponsored in the event agenda/schedule

Namescon Europe thus far avoids that ethical problem by not identifying anyone in the schedule.

•••
•••
Probably not bothered

You're right of course.

The Namescon organizers must have tremendous contempt and disrespect for their audience.

•••
Back