Dynadot

Namescon Auction Domain Submission (How To)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I read a good article about Namescon this year. You should check it out.

The auctions will feature domain lots such as BAR.COM, BAR.NET, CAFES.COM, GRILL.COM, PLACE.COM, PUB.COM SHELTER.COM, and other individual premium names such as LEADS.COM, SPORTSCARS.COM, PATTY.COM, STOP.COM, WINECLUB.COM, GOLD.CLUB, SINGLE.COM, E.HOSTING, MORTGAGE.BROKER, PPL.NET, and others. There will be an estimated 400 names in the overall auction with an estimated 125 domains being offered at the live auction on January 23rd.

Many premium domains will be priced at no and low reserves to promote competitive bidding and true market prices. Additional domain names will be considered for inclusion by submitting names at http://rotd.com/auction-submission/. Please note that only ultra-premium names will be considered. Accepted names will be added continually to pre-bidding before the start of NamesCon so you will want to check the auction page often for new additions and bidding activity.

http://onlinedomain.com/2016/11/22/...artner-auction-domains-bar-com-place-com-etc/

It includes a link to submit domains the the live auction put on with Namejet. I submitted some domains and will let you know if any get accepted.

It would be cool to know if anyone else has submitted domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have also submitted a few domains such as e.systems, job.guru and work.zone about three weeks ago, but still have not received any response from them.

•••
Hi guys, could you pls. just make this term clear for a non native speaker - does it mean a domain name which is accepted is not allowed to be sold e.g. on Godaddy within on year?

"A. In addition to any other rights ROTD may have, if a Domain is accepted for a ROTD Auction during the Exclusive Sales Period, and for a period of one year following the termination of the Exclusive ROTD Sale Period, Seller shall not, directly or indirectly:

i. Make contact or attempt to make contact, solicit or attempt to solicit, negotiate or attempt to negotiate, enter into or attempt to enter into any agreement, and/or transact or attempt to transact any business with any potential purchaser (or such purchaser's attorneys, agents (other than ROTD), representatives, employees, officers, directors, principals, owners, shareholders, members, managers or any person or entity that is connected, directly or indirectly, with such purchaser) procured by or introduced to Seller by ROTD, except to the extent such contact is through, or with the prior written consent of, ROTD; "

Thanks a lot for your help!

•••
Hi guys, could you pls. just make this term clear for a non native speaker - does it mean a domain name which is accepted is not allowed to be sold e.g. on Godaddy within on year?

"A. In addition to any other rights ROTD may have, if a Domain is accepted for a ROTD Auction during the Exclusive Sales Period, and for a period of one year following the termination of the Exclusive ROTD Sale Period, Seller shall not, directly or indirectly:

i. Make contact or attempt to make contact, solicit or attempt to solicit, negotiate or attempt to negotiate, enter into or attempt to enter into any agreement, and/or transact or attempt to transact any business with any potential purchaser (or such purchaser's attorneys, agents (other than ROTD), representatives, employees, officers, directors, principals, owners, shareholders, members, managers or any person or entity that is connected, directly or indirectly, with such purchaser) procured by or introduced to Seller by ROTD, except to the extent such contact is through, or with the prior written consent of, ROTD; "

Thanks a lot for your help!

I believe it means you can't sell to anyone they introduce you to. So a bidder can't back out then purchase from you at a discount to avoid the 25% fee.

•••
I believe it means you can't sell to anyone they introduce you to. So a bidder can't back out then purchase from you at a discount to avoid the 25% fee

Thanks Shane, somehow it was not clear for me.

•••
Some are saying ROTD prefers people submit with a low reserve or no reserve. Are others finding this?

•••
I have submitted 10 names with $0 reserve, let the market decide.

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
If Namescon accepts your submitted domain, are you able to withdraw it weeks before the auction? Or are you locked into the auction?

The T&Cs are unclear regarding the deadline for withdrawal (if any).

•••
Still trying to get my head round the submission terms and timetable. Domains need to have been registered 60 days before the live auction date? Or before the extended auction date? They can be submitted until - when? We have to submit them not knowing if they'll make it to the live auction (which will be announced - when?) And if domains don't make it to the live auction, we are stuck with the 25% commission fee and can't withdraw the domains until everything ends in February? Hope I've got some of that wrong...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back