IT.COM

Namerific Experience

NameSilo
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are not my domains, I just make logo for Namerific auctions.
If the domain will be sold they pay, so I was curious about the sales and stats.
Hi how many have they paid you on? Thank you

•••
Hi how many have they paid you on? Thank you
Nothing, some domains are still on sale there but one is desapeared.
I just made some logo for practice and my portfolio

•••
Please publish here how many names Namerific has sold for listers over the past year not just for the owners of Namerific-thank you.
We are planning on releasing our sales stats soon. Thanks!

•••
We are planning on releasing our sales stats soon. Thanks!
Listen, we had multiple names with Namerific and all we ever saw was Michael's Tweets about his travels from around the world while our names sat there without ONE OFFER. So any release is a bit late don't you think?

Last edited:
•••
Can someone who's sold a domain through namerific give me some feedback on how quickly/easily they pay out and whether these people are trustworthy?

I listed some domains with them about 3 years ago and completely forgot about it until I was informed by them that one of my domains sold this week for $5k. Once I got word that the payment cleared, I provided them with transfer code and was able to get the domain to the buyer in under 24 hours ( notified them of the completed transfer and forwarded an email from GoDaddy confirming successful completion ).

Since then, it seems that communication with namerific has been almost non-existent. There's no automatic follow-up to let me know where things stand and I've had to email them multiple times before I got any sort of response. The last email from them said that they emailed the buyer and that I'd be getting paid once they received confirmation from the buyer that they were in possession of the domain. I don't get it. What if the buyer never responds? Why can't they just confirm by looking up the whois? ( I asked them these questions and got no answer thus far).

Their lack of responsiveness to emails, plus the fact that their phones go straight to voicemail ( one of their numbers is a free google voice number ), plus the fact that I have no way of knowing if/when the buyer communicates with them, all add up to me wondering if they're a legit company or if I just got scammed. It's only been a day and a half since the buyer took possession of the domain so I'm not in full panic mode yet but since I have no history with these people, the way they're handling things is leaving me feeling pretty uneasy.

•••
Can someone who's sold a domain through namerific give me some feedback on how quickly/easily they pay out and whether these people are trustworthy?

I listed some domains with them about 3 years ago and completely forgot about it until I was informed by them that one of my domains sold this week for $5k. Once I got word that the payment cleared, I provided them with transfer code and was able to get the domain to the buyer in under 24 hours ( notified them of the completed transfer and forwarded an email from GoDaddy confirming successful completion ).

Since then, it seems that communication with namerific has been almost non-existent. There's no automatic follow-up to let me know where things stand and I've had to email them multiple times before I got any sort of response. The last email from them said that they emailed the buyer and that I'd be getting paid once they received confirmation from the buyer that they were in possession of the domain. I don't get it. What if the buyer never responds? Why can't they just confirm by looking up the whois? ( I asked them these questions and got no answer thus far).

Their lack of responsiveness to emails, plus the fact that their phones go straight to voicemail ( one of their numbers is a free google voice number ), plus the fact that I have no way of knowing if/when the buyer communicates with them, all add up to me wondering if they're a legit company or if I just got scammed. It's only been a day and a half since the buyer took possession of the domain so I'm not in full panic mode yet but since I have no history with these people, the way they're handling things is leaving me feeling pretty uneasy.

Have sold a few. Payment usually within a week. Have had situations where the buyer never confirmed receiving the domain but eventually NR made the payment.

•••
Have sold a few. Payment usually within a week. Have had situations where the buyer never confirmed receiving the domain but eventually NR made the payment.

Thanks. How long is "eventually"?

•••
Thanks. How long is "eventually"?

I think it was within 2 weeks if I remember correctly. Had some communication with NR about the situation and they listened and did the right thing.

•••
I think it was within 2 weeks if I remember correctly. Had some communication with NR about the situation and they listened and did the right thing.

Thanks. That's good to hear, but I'm not very pleased with how they handle these transactions. The way they structure these deals requires that their sellers trust them blindly. That's not easy under normal circumstances but its especially difficult when they're so unresponsive.

•••
@discobull Yeah, this is domaining... Just had a Afternic transaction that took 15 days to complete :)

•••
@discobull Yeah, this is domaining... Just had a Afternic transaction that took 15 days to complete :)

Yeah, but Afternic is a known entity with real people answering real phone numbers. I've had extended delays before on sales and those can be frustrating. What I've never experienced before is being put in a position where I don't get paid until a company that is basically unreachable notifies me that they're received an email from a buyer. How am I supposed to know if/when that happens?

What makes this additionally ridiculous is that the buyer is about.com and the receiving registrar is CSC ( they only represent major corps ). All of that is presently reflected in the whois, so unless there's some secret way I could have faked that whois record I'm not sure why I need to be waiting for some email to be sent.

•••
@discobull Understand your frustration completely but then again you said it's been less than 48h... Not sure if any marketplace makes a payment in that time frame these days. Lack of communication of course sucks although my experience with NR rep called Kapil has always been good.

•••

I sold one last year, had no problems, can't remember pay out time, don't think it was more than a week from transfer

•••
Well, they confirmed that the buyer received the domain and that I'd be paid on Monday. I feel better now.

•••
Monday came and went, but the payment I was promised was not sent. I received no update and there was no response to either of the two emails I sent them yesterday. Has anyone heard from these people?

•••
Yesterday was MLK day in the US and banks were closed. Maybe this has something to do with the delay?

•••
They said they'd be sending money by paypal. Paypal is available 24/7. Anyhow, they told me Monday.

•••
Hello @discobull could you confirm you have received the payment here? Thanks

•••
Hello @discobull could you confirm you have received the payment here? Thanks

Yes, I got paid last night, but I wouldn't say that this was overall a pleasant experience. I had been emailing for days about the payment and getting nowhere. I also tried phoning a couple of times last week and calls went straight to voicemail. Yesterday evening, I finally got through by phone ( my 6th attempt in total ) and spoke to Mike. After I told him the reason for my call, he explained that although they try to pay faster, their payment terms are 30 days. I was a bit surprised to hear this since this is what I'd read on Namerific's website:

"When are sales payments processed?

This will depend on your selected payout method. We generally process sales payments for all completed orders as soon as they are verified to be completed and the domain is in the hands of the buyer -- or held in our escrow account a long period of time. As long as you are quick to respond to emails, and help the transaction wrap quickly, you'll get paid quickly."

Regardless, Mike committed to getting me paid within the following couple of hours and he followed through on his promise.

Bottom line for me, however, is that while I'm grateful for the sale, I don't want to do business with people who are nearly impossible to reach. To me, it's really not worth the aggravation. I sent Mike an email yesterday requesting that my account be closed, but since that email wasn't acknowledged and my account is still open, I'm re-requesting it here in case that might increase the odds of making that happen.

Anyhow, thanks again to Mike for the sale and all the best.

•••
Discobull, had the domain you sold been forwarding to Namerific?

•••
•••
Well that's actually pretty positive. That means the marketplace moved this domain versus a sale via lander.

I can understand you weren't happy with response times and it is most definitely your right to participate in marketplaces of your choosing.

I see two points to this experience:
#1: A concern with Namerific's response time
#2: Namerific moved a domain that was not parked at their site - which means the lead was generated straight from Namerific which is definitely positive.

•••
Well that's actually pretty positive. That means the marketplace moved this domain versus a sale via lander.

I can understand you weren't happy with response times and it is most definitely your right to participate in marketplaces of your choosing.

I see two points to this experience:
#1: A concern with Namerific's response time
#2: Namerific moved a domain that was not parked at their site - which means the lead was generated straight from Namerific which is definitely positive.

Yeah, I'm not sure where disco's negativity is coming from. Namerific is an established company and it would have been a huge shock if they had tried to rip anyone off. As it turned out, Namerific netted the OP $5K for a pretty average domain. I think he should be happy with that.

•••
Yeah, I'm not sure where disco's negativity is coming from. Namerific is an established company and it would have been a huge shock if they had tried to rip anyone off. As it turned out, Namerific netted the OP $5K for a pretty average domain. I think he should be happy with that.

Actually, $5k was the gross amount, not the net. The net was about $3400. In any case, how do you know the name of the domain?

•••
Actually, $5k was the gross amount, not the net. The net was about $3400. In any case, how do you know the name of the domain?
A $5K NR sale was reported in another thread right after you posted about your $5K sale above. I assume people seeing both posts have assumed that it's the same name.

•••
Back