IT.COM

NamePros Server Busy...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi!
I am from India, i am having a serious problem after the Namepros were upgraded.
At around 12 PM GMT , when ever i try to open the NP it starts showing "NamePros Server Too busy, try again after some time"
This happens daily for the window of 2-3 hours.
Never had such a problem with the older system.
Is the new system not capable of handling large numbers of members or what??
Please look in the matter.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it happens here in Toronto as well - its a server issue!

•••
Oh.. i wish it gets fixed soon...
i m from India too...and i too face the same problem sometimes. . .

•••
I had a couple of these a couple of days ago, but today has been my beloved #1 Namepros Broadband™, IMHO. :music: :talk:

-Jeff B-)

•••
We are having it nearly daily at around 1200 GMT, it happens for a period of 2-3 hours...

•••
Yeah, it happens here in the states at least 2 or 3 times daily......most of the time in the morning. At first I thought perhaps it was the db being backed up like it used to be before..but the times are not the same etc.

•••
I usually get it when I wake up in the morning (Mountain Standard Time) and sign on... it gets a little better later.

•••
I don't think there is any geographic discrimination, it's happening every day and is really annoying.

•••
I usually get it when I wake up in the morning (Mountain Standard Time) and sign on... it gets a little better later.
Same here, almost every morning btw 7-9 MST

•••
Most mornings these days. (New Mexico)

•••
Sometimes but almost every day face this problem

•••
Sometimes but almost every day face this problem

The same here and I noticed also an issue with the search results.
"showing results 1 to 30 of 48 for example doesn´t show the the latest

•••
yeah i too exp this issue at same times daily :(

•••
Every morning this happens. But the really odd thing is that it only happens from my work computer.

•••
Either seeing the Server is busy, or it doesn't respond at all (page cannot be displayed).

I wonder if this new version of VB is too taxing for the NP servers. May have to put it in a cluster of 3 or 4.

•••
Sending a message about this to RJ and the Development Team.

•••
yes i also seen heed.. msg server is busy but after few minutes name pros work good

•••
yes, when it's working it seems to run great and fast.

I suspect there is a chron job messing things up.

•••
They have a great host, I think it's the fact that they still use a failure of a bulletin board system...

•••
They have a great host, I think it's the fact that they still use a failure of a bulletin board system...
:bah: You have no clue what you're talking about.

•••
•••
I've seen that error status before (too busy)... perhaps time for some edge hosting on Akamai and/or running global NLB hosting etc.

Then again, don't complain too much folks, after all, is there a Namepros SLA that you're on ? ;)

Rob

•••
Clearly, it's the long string ... between the two cans! :rolleyes: :red: :p

Thanks for your patience, and for staying cool friends! B-)
-Jeff B-)

•••
:bah: You have no clue what you're developing about.
Whoa! Good one! I guess you told me. </sarcasm>

The Server Too Busy happens at the same time everyday, and has nothing to do with vBulletin - it is a server process (or processes) that is currently being looked into.

I'm curious, have you ever even used vBulletin? On the admin side AND on the development side? Have you ever seen it's code? My guess is you're like much of the folks who push free forum software, who have never used the software or developed on it, but are calling it a failure and saying it sucks because you have to pay for a license.

•••
Whoa! Good one! I guess you told me. </sarcasm>

The Server Too Busy happens at the same time everyday, and has nothing to do with vBulletin - it is a server process (or processes) that is currently being looked into.

I'm curious, have you ever even used vBulletin? On the admin side AND on the development side? Have you ever seen it's code? My guess is you're like much of the folks who push free forum software, who have never used the software or developed on it, but are calling it a failure and saying it sucks because you have to pay for a license.
Why should I even bother? You never did like me and you never will.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back