Dynadot

NamePros Secret SANTA 2008!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It's (almost) nearly Christmas!

Starting this earlier this year as people said there wasn't enough time to organise a present!

NP Secret Santa works like this:
Member one is the Santa for > member 2 who is the santa for > member 3 who is the santa for member one (If there are only 3 participating)

It's a big ring and everyone has a santa, and everyone is a santa for someone else.

You post here saying you're IN (100% commitment needed else the chain breaks and everything goes pear shaped)
After a while when everyone is in I will link everyone (randomly) and then you have until the 25th to decide on a present, to pass on as close to the 25th as possible, and on that date you reveal yourself and give it yourself (So it's not that secret really!!)

Last year we did a spend limit of $50, but I think we should bring that down to $20 max, so more people can take part.

So, if you want IN on NP SS 2008 just post IM IN or something like that in this thread, you wont hear anything until late november/early december, but I'll PM everyone everything they need to know and a recap then.

Remember if you want in, you need to 100% commit to being someones Santa, or you could ruin their Christmas :p

BTW: I'M IN!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Morph said:
15 minutes :)

Then the pairing process starts
---------------------------------

CLOSED FOR NEW SIGNUPS!!

The pairing will be completed tommorow if all goes to plan, Chris, can I take you up on that offer of help? I can't pair myself in really.
Sure can, Tom. Let me know. :)

•••
Oh.. Sorry I didn't read through all the threads to see that this was closed :'(

•••
Was I put in the list? Not been contacted regarding who I was paired with.. :(

•••
I'm also waiting for my pm ;)

•••
Working on it sorry :p
MJ, I'll put in you seeing as it's your birthday :p

•••
Hey NamePros members!

I've just sent out all the PM's of the paired members.

Get buying ;)

If you need any help, Don't hesitate to PM me or Morph!

•••
:loveyou: Got mine thanks James

Will have to do a bit of reasearch on mine :)

•••
I few big thanks are in order.

In no particular order:
Chris, Chef Patrick and James, for helping me with this year Secret Santa, It's a lot of work, I really appreciate your help.

Also, all of you Santas taking part!

•••
Morph said:
I few big thanks are in order.

In no particular order:
Chris, Chef Patrick and James, for helping me with this year Secret Santa, It's a lot of work, I really appreciate your help.

Also, all of you Santas taking part!
My pleasure, I'm excited, never really been part of a forum family like this.

If I can say one thing, I encourage everyone to send your partner a physical gift not virtual. It's a little more personal and shows you pay attention to that member :imho:

Also, I am sending out Christmas cards. If anyone is interested in getting one post or pm your address and I'll get one out to you :santa:

•••
Edited as this may be a clue :p

Morph or James will proxy all communication and will find out (within reason) what you need to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Update! My package is shipped! wooooohooo! Guys, I found out some things.. using USPS is dirt cheap mailing stuff overseas. Don't use priority mail, use first class. Attached is the box full of awesome surprise :D

•••
I have the gift for my Secret Santa ordered now. :tu: It'll probably get there early, but that's cool :)

•••
Are you ALL giving physical gifts? I was thinking something virtual but I don't want to be the boring secret santa. :D

@MJ - wow...that is one big present. :D

•••
dezinerite said:
Are you ALL giving physical gifts? I was thinking something virtual but I don't want to be the boring secret santa. :D

@MJ - wow...that is one big present. :D
I'm giving a physical gift, it's more fun.

And for MJ's gift, the funny thing is it might be a big box with a smaller box, then a smaller box and so forth. My parents did that crap to me all the time. I would think something was the Nintendo I wanted and it would turn out to be a pair of socks...lol

•••
Chef Patrick said:
And for MJ's gift, the funny thing is it might be a big box with a smaller box, then a smaller box and so forth.

Haha...:D Now THAT would be hilarious! :D

Ok, I'm going to spend today thinking of a 'physical' present...:)

•••
MJ said:
Update! My package is shipped! wooooohooo! Guys, I found out some things.. using USPS is dirt cheap mailing stuff overseas. Don't use priority mail, use first class. Attached is the box full of awesome surprise :D
Thanks for that!

I hope that box.. well... has something wonderful in it.. I believe that person is.. the best in the world.

:santa: :santa:

•••
Just ordered my gift... it should arrive before 25 dec to someone's place.

•••
im still thinking virtual because of time constraints, it might arrive in 3 months.

dezinerite said:
Haha...:D Now THAT would be hilarious! :D

Ok, I'm going to spend today thinking of a 'physical' present...:)

•••
weblord said:
im still thinking virtual because of time constraints, it might arrive in 3 months.

LOL! :D Wow...you must live far away...far away from the rest of the world. :D

Just kidding around. ;)

•••
weblord said:
The users local ebay is a great place to start, cheaper shipping or you could also look for local sites that'll ship then all you have to do is use a credit card.
(google ;) )

•••
Woooohooooo! I got my present today! Not opening it until christmas though! Thanks Eric :D

•••
@ James - Weblord's account has been closed. Looks like one of us won't be getting a Xmas present? :/

Aww... :(

•••
dezinerite said:
@ James - Weblord's account has been closed. Looks like one of us won't be getting a Xmas present? :/

Aww... :(
That will be sorted out, somehow. :]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back