IT.COM

news NamePros November 2021 – A new website and more!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Welcome to the new NamePros in November!

Today marks the first step toward a lot of positive and exciting changes coming to NamePros. You'll notice that most of what you loved is still here, and we're working hard to bring back even more.

And that's only the beginning! We'll be bringing you regular updates, sometimes weekly, to add the features you've requested (please vote on features you want to see first!) and improve your experience.

Our mission is to build a thriving professional network around the best community – that's you! – where professionals can engage in civil discussions, ask questions, share advice, partner, transact, and succeed, all together.

We hope you'll have a look around, and let us know what you think!

All our best,

The NamePros Team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
still, where/how can i find the threads i started in my profile
all i see is "posting", but can't find "threads started by" anymore.
Please direct.
They're under "Find" on profiles:

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 10.15.19 AM.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Why are the fonts so large?

•••
For me it looks friendly for eyes only with 110% zoom in Chromium on 23" 1920x1080 screen...

Last edited:
•••
On these changes;

1) Where is our NP$/credits?
2) Username changes, looks like this can be done right from account? Says once every 60 days. Did notice a mismatch between the 60 days and the date given, see image:

username-change-date-mismatch.jpg

The 60 days would be on or around Jan 2, 2022. And perhaps update with some clarification on the Username Changes page:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/username-changes.1047406/

•••
•••
On these changes;

1) Where is our NP$/credits?
2) Username changes, looks like this can be done right from account? Says once every 60 days. Did notice a mismatch between the 60 days and the date given, see image:

Show attachment 203306

The 60 days would be on or around Jan 2, 2022. And perhaps update with some clarification on the Username Changes page:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/username-changes.1047406/
Many features, both old and new, are in progress. We're prioritizing them based on demand.

Usernames are sent to us for approval, and we'll approve/decline based on the same criteria as before. Although, there was talk about potentially updating the criteria for username changes. If anything changes, we'll be sure to update the guide you linked.

•••
I like the original post being put at the top of every thread page. Kind of like a reminder of what's on topic.

•••
Filters do not work. For example, I am trying to arrange threads by date (Last message - Descending) on ''Request'' section and it does not put them in the right order. Naming is confusing there too. Put ''thread'' or simply ''date'' instead of ''message''.

Another thing is that ''Alerts'' do not alert you on anything.

Thank you.

•••
Nice and clean - thank you!
Probably will take some time to discover everything :xf.smile:

•••
Very confused at first. But we will get used to it. Congrats nP . If you match old style color with new XF version will be really comfortable

•••
I like the new layout, maybe a little wider would be nice, also the forum is loading faster.

•••
Filters do not work. For example, I am trying to arrange threads by date (Last message - Descending) on ''Request'' section and it does not put them in the right order.
They appear to work, but a few things may cause some confusion:
  1. Pinned threads are not well separated yet, and they will always appear first regardless of sorting.
  2. Last message descending is the default view
  3. First message descending is equivalent to "Thread creation date descending"

Note: Some of the old links may not work yet as they have to be redirected to the new links.

Naming is confusing there too. Put ''thread'' or simply ''date'' instead of ''message''.
Agreed.

maybe a little wider would be nice
Try the width expansion icon at the bottom of the website:
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 11.02.15 AM.png

We hope that helps.

•••
Last edited:
•••
2021-11-02-171102_282x173_scrot.png

Please show my own stats (as it was always previously), not yours.

•••
Why are you guys using a chat thread system... that is the most pointless thing i have ever seen... go buy the chat XF2 addon....

Need someone with XF2 experience shoot me a DM.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

seems so coincidental with the "change"
is it a move to throw of one's game
change the style, but not the name
while others change the name to avoid some fame
and here...no longer is the "view" the same.

still, where/how can i find the threads i started in my profile
all i see is "posting", but can't find "threads started by" anymore.
Please direct

edit >>> found it under "forums tab"

Thanks

imo...

Some deep stuff man..

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-10-12 23-04-23.png
    Screenshot from 2021-10-12 23-04-23.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 45
•••
•••
I thought I was on the wrong site for a second.

•••
Screenshot at 2021-11-02 08:33:55.png

Twitter is missing from the list of approved sites for embedded media, and content is missing with no placeholder to show a link in the threads they've been used. A placeholder would be good anyway, since even with the previous version on some browsers the embedding script from twitter didn't load with default security settings.

Also, any chance to approve embedding content from other, non MSM sources.

•••
I cannot figure out how to sort for all domain for sale listings by "new". This is the main way I use the website, is there a way to still do that?

•••
Site looks nice now and the similar threads feature is really useful.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back