NameSilo

namePros.com enters top 10,000 Alexa ranking!

Labeled as news in Domain Industry News, started by Grilled, Aug 13, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

If you have to choose just one data parameter to compare sites, that would be number of unique visitors. That is the hardest parameter to grow too.

I am surprised you are making secret out of it. I assume your advertisers expect you to share this number, not how many likes were given, how many posts and pms were posted...

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NamePrime

NamePrime The Godfather VIP

3. CobraKai

CobraKai Established Member

Congrats Namepros! Ranking higher than Bitcointalk. Let's make domaining as popular as cryptocurrencies! :xf.smile:

4. Grilled

Grilled Black Lives Matter VIP

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

That is really interesting, @Grilled. Not surprised that USA is about 29% but somewhat surprised how high India is (but maybe higher percentage Chrome with Alexa browser extension there?). No doubt India is more and more important in domain business as @Michael noted in a recent interview with @equity78 . So Canada is way less, but does its inclusion mean it is the third highest contributor to the stats, and all other countries are less than 3.7% of total? Would seem surprising if so, perhaps. Like UK, China, Germany etc. less. Go Canada :xf.smile:.
    Bob

6. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

so namepros has a lot of traffic
    congrats

why should I care?

the only one who benefits is the one selling stuff here
    like R.M.

was really quite here for a while .. enjoy it

7. Grilled

Because your 8,000+ posts helped achieve that.

So did r.m's. and r.j's, heck, there might even be a rob(a-z) helping to contribute here.

The point being, namePros wouldn't be the same without you @frank-germany ...

Like it or not, you have become a lot of folks go-to german guy around here.

I've bought into some of what you've post. Albeit never a .de domain, but I do appreciate your opinions and viewpoints.

Do online friends/acquaintances count as a benefit? or being apart of a niche community?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  8. Steven McEvoy

Steven McEvoy StevenMcEvoy.com VIP

Don’t worry, Rob is on it!

9. Steven McEvoy

Steven McEvoy StevenMcEvoy.com VIP

yup that’s about the time when Epik got pretty popular.

And Robs twitter problem lol

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  10. Recons.Com

Having high India traffic ratio almost ensures warped Alexa ranking towards greatly overestimating it.

As the ratio of people engaged in web related services are very high there, they also tend to install Alexa way more than people in the West would.

On the other hand, Alexa could be wrong about NP geography completely, as a consequence of the same issue with skewed preference for Alexa geographically, Alexa is completely off about geography of visitors.

According to Alexa, for Rightbrand the main traffic source is India too with 41%.

Reality? India is number 3 at just 5%, with US being #1 with 35% and Canada #2 with 9%.

So it overestimated India traffic by 8 (!) times, again because of overrepresentation of Alexa toolbars in that geography.

Here is the screenshot of my stats for last 3 months by country.

unique-visitors-by-country-rightbrand.PNG

11. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I tend to agree with this. Especially since the industry already has too many "suppliers" (all of us are, lol) and so it is not obvious that an increased number of new participants is beneficial for the industry (as a group) or to any individual participant. Registrars and other service providers are natural exception.... On the other hand, competition is fine. Where would the industry be should there still be just 1 team ( Yun Ye + tons number of employees who handregged netsol drops in 1990something and monetized the result with generic yahoo feed - short but basically correct description of the "roots")? Hope that the content posted may at least prevent some newbies from thinking that they can make a lot of $$$ fast and with little or no effort.

Alexa screenshot suggests that the forum has a lot of visitors from India. A great country, and an origin of a lot of highly gifted persons well known worldwide - no doubts. At the same time, various analysts report that a great %%% of spam and other questionable stuff are from India : - (

A benefit of a large forum (from a practical point of view) is that if one has a problem (bad customer service received from this or that supplier, or more deep problems), should it posted here, this will definitely help to resolve an issue. Posting the same on a personal blog may not be noticed by anybody. So is general fraud detection like known cases of shill bidding - came to light only because of this forum.

12. Bertrell

Bertrell Established Member

Agreed.

13. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

thanks @Grilled

agreed

but all this is happening w/o a lot of additional traffic from search engines

14. Domain Search

Domain Search Established Member

Congress to NamePros Family.

We always have a 100% positive response of every post. Great Team.

Thanks

15. Mod Team Bravo

Mod Team Bravo Moderator, NamePros Moderator PRO VIP Gold Account

Alexa is least accurate for websites with low traffic because it lacks sufficient data to estimate their traffic.

16. Recons.Com

Not sure what you are implying here.

I wouldn't call 100k+ over 3 months "low traffic".

I have a site that gets millions of visitors a year and Alexa is as wrong in that range.

If you had access to np ga stats, and something tells me you don't, you would see that Alexa is grossly inaccurate there too. I am positive Indian traffic is closer to 10%, not 40%.

17. Grilled

https://blog.alexa.com/top-6-myths-about-the-alexa-traffic-rank/

18. Mod Team Bravo

Mod Team Bravo Moderator, NamePros Moderator PRO VIP Gold Account

Reach and opportunity.

As NamePros grows, the community can benefit from more:
    1. Viewers of your content (e.g., your viewpoints, marketplace activities, contests, and signature)
    2. Networking opportunities (e.g., shared-interest relationships, partnerships, and career opportunities)
    3. Shared knowledge and news (e.g., stay informed on best practices, trends, strategy, sales, analysis, and tools)
    4. Advice and support (e.g., fresh ideas, perspectives, and lesson-filled experiences)
    5. Financial trades (e.g., buying and selling)
    6. Confidence in yourself and others
    7. Recognition and status
    Not all of these will apply to everyone, but the opportunities exist.

The unique benefit of communities is that our success as a platform is dependent on yours and the value that we provide you. It's a mutually-beneficial relationship. :)

19. Recons.Com

Daily changes were not discussed.

I referenced changes over months.

The whole Alexa being able to infer geographical data for a site based on people installing its toolbar is a myth.

Alexa is a very very rough approximation of overall traffic ranges.

20. Technical Support

Technical Support Established Member

That means namepros have a great flow of visitors, People try to sell domains in this rush and I appreciate the efforts of namepros

21. Domineer

Domineer Give Priority to Humanity rather than Religion. Gold Account

Congratulations @NamePros 🙏
    Miles to go.

Best Wishes 😇

22. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. VIP Gold Account

🚩

Congratulations nP* - and be sure, you* are always welcome to enter the top

*founder(s), owner(s), employee(s) and of course all members & readers

23. Grilled

24. Grilled

25. Grilled

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice