NameLiquidate.com how does it work?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

marijuanadomain

Restricted (33% DM)
Impact
NameLiquidate.com how does it work?
and How many domains were sold?
The user interface is not user Friendly, I submitted a couple of domains and got no notifications at all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for trying out NL! The listings you see on the home page are domains listed in a 7 day reverse auction. The price listed is automatically $998 and it drops hourly through the auction, until it reaches $9 or your reserve.

I will PM you about your domains, normally there is an email sent that notifies you the domains were added to your portfolio. Did you get any errors while listing?

External domains require authorization codes and they must be unlocked. Domains at Epik won't need this step.

And I promise the user friendliness will come up as we improve the site, it is a constant work in progress =D

Here to help, you can PM me anytime.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for trying out NL! The listings you see on the home page are domains listed in a 7 day reverse auction. The price listed is automatically $998 and it drops hourly through the auction, until it reaches $9 or your reserve.

I will PM you about your domains, normally there is an email sent that notifies you the domains were added to your portfolio. Did you get any errors while listing?

External domains require authorization codes and they must be unlocked. Domains at Epik won't need this step.

And I promise the user friendliness will come up as we improve the site, it is a constant work in progress =D

Here to help, you can PM me anytime.

Dan can you set a reserve price?

•••

Yes you can.

Try bidding on a 4L, if it has, you’ll see reserve

It wont let you bid, if your bid is below reserve, a feature i like, even though i hate reserves.

Samer

Last edited:
•••

Yes, the reserves are set before submission and cannot be changed... YET. We are working on implementing a modifiable reserve.

•••
Yes, the reserves are set before submission and cannot be changed... YET. We are working on implementing a modifiable reserve.

Thanks for giving people, greater reserve-rights, Dan.

I hope you color-coordinate all reserve listings.

•••
Thanks for giving people, greater reserve-rights, Dan.

I hope you color-coordinate all reserve listings.

I'm leaning more towards incentivizing no-reserve listings and marking them as such to attract more eyeballs.

•••

Thank you, and auctions can start at anytime right?

•••
Thank you, and auctions can start at anytime right?

Correct, the auction starts as soon as you hit submit on either of the submission paths.

It is worth mentioning, I am working on finding a way to stagger auctions or even schedule them so the batches of domains can have a greater impact over the course of their auction life. Might be a bit complicated to implement, but it is in my wish-list.

•••
Correct, the auction starts as soon as you hit submit on either of the submission paths.

It is worth mentioning, I am working on finding a way to stagger auctions or even schedule them so the batches of domains can have a greater impact over the course of their auction life. Might be a bit complicated to implement, but it is in my wish-list.

Thanks Dan and maybe you cannot answer this and I understand, what kind of success rate are you seeing with NameLiquidate? I mean are people selling names for $250 to $500?

•••
Thanks Dan and maybe you cannot answer this and I understand, what kind of success rate are you seeing with NameLiquidate? I mean are people selling names for $250 to $500?

The majority of transactions are on the lower end, $9. But there have been some success stories in the 700s for example. The new reserve system, where it leaves the domain listed through the 7 days and the following 7 days in the bargain section has driven the quality of the names up.

At the same time, some folks are overpricing their liquidations, as expected with a self-pricing model. The learning curve is short though. If you were to list a name today, it would run for 14 days and it can be relisted again two weeks later, 30 days after initially posting.

For those curious about how I would personally use reserves, I will be releasing a video to better guide sellers into using the reserve system effectively.

There is also a data reporting effort coming soon. I don't want wholesale market data to be used against domainers that hold for retail sales. But we need to be aware of some wholesale activity to gauge trends. If some sellers want to report their sales, I would welcome their data and list in a weekly video sales report, this would prevent ANY automatic indexing. Just an idea.

•••
@DanSanchez I don't think there's such a thing as "overpricing liquidations". Buyers (and sellers) always want the best possible deal and I understand why you intend to highlight no reserve auctions. I'm not against that (I'm also a buyer so I'm all for low prices when it's possible). But I don't think anyone can decide for a seller whether they're overpricing a liquidation or not. It's their domain and their consideration. That's the beauty of Reserve auctions. Sellers can try a Reserve and see if if a sale happens. If not- they can try again later at a lower Reserve or without a Reserve. It all depends on the seller's needs, the original investment they had in the domain and whether they need money ASAP or not.

Last edited:
•••
@DanSanchez I don't think there's such a thing as "overpricing liquidations". Buyers (and sellers) always want the best possible deal and I understand why you intend to highlight no reserve auctions. I'm not against that (I'm also a buyer so I'm all for low prices when it's possible). But I don't think anyone can decide for a seller whether they're overpricing a liquidation or not. It's their domain and their consideration. That's the beauty of Reserve auctions. Sellers can try a Reserve and see if if a sale happens. If not- they can try again later at a lower Reserve or without a Reserve. It all depends on the seller's needs, the orignal investment they had in the domain and whether they need money ASAP or not.

Somewhat agree, there are a lot of reasons to use a reserve, and did mention the learning curve was short. The more you list, the more you learn from the market. Market feedback is valuable when you sell and when you don't sell.

It may be that the capital you manage to recover at the end will need to be lower than your original investment, signaling you overpaid. But again, so many elements to consider in this that it really comes down to your Domaining style.

•••
@DanSanchez I totally agree. People do learn from not selling just as they do from selling. Personally, with liquid domains- I set a pretty high Reserve because liquidation only makes sense at a certain price point. It may be too high for some, but that's where I feel comfortable with a sale at that time. I guess in some cases certain high Reserves can seem nonsensical and that's what you were referring to but you never know what are the seller's intentions or needs, how much they're trying to recoop and how bad they need the money- so I say, like you said, let the market decide one way or the other and sellers will learn from that and readjust if needed.

•••
Can you give data of how many domains sold and what price?

•••
•••
@DanSanchez I don't think there's such a thing as "overpricing liquidations". Buyers (and sellers) always want the best possible deal and I understand why you intend to highlight no reserve auctions. I'm not against that (I'm also a buyer so I'm all for low prices when it's possible). But I don't think anyone can decide for a seller whether they're overpricing a liquidation or not. It's their domain and their consideration. That's the beauty of Reserve auctions. Sellers can try a Reserve and see if if a sale happens. If not- they can try again later at a lower Reserve or without a Reserve. It all depends on the seller's needs, the original investment they had in the domain and whether they need money ASAP or not.

A quote that I think is applicable here, "Rhe seller determines the price, the buyer determines the value". It takes two to make a deal if no buyer places a value on it greater than or equal to the price then no deal.

I found a name on NL recently I kinda liked but I wasn't willing to pay the sellers reserve. So I emailed them using the whole record and when we reached a deal closed it though the Epik marketplace. It took them seeing nobody bought at their reserve first but eventually they came around to a price we could both agree on.

Not unless both parties agree to share the data.

Not even aggregate stats that don't identify any specific transactions?

•••
A quote that I think is applicable here, "Rhe seller determines the price, the buyer determines the value". It takes two to make a deal if no buyer places a value on it greater than or equal to the price then no deal.

I found a name on NL recently I kinda liked but I wasn't willing to pay the sellers reserve. So I emailed them using the whole record and when we reached a deal closed it though the Epik marketplace. It took them seeing nobody bought at their reserve first but eventually they came around to a price we could both agree on.

Not even aggregate stats that don't identify any specific transactions?

I highly encourage that, Ryan! That is great. The truth is most folks are entirely good people and will respond to an honest approach. Thanks for sharing.

The data reports I'm working on will include some aggregate data, mostly weekly and in video form so it can't easily be indexed or added by data collectors. My goal is to ask the top sales/performers of the week to voluntarily share their specific data, but will also need approval from the new owners.

•••
For $9 its barely worth the effort. I wouldn’t use it without the reserve and I agree with everything @SuperBrander said. I made the mistake of renewing a domain and then some cheapo bought it for 9 bucks. This was before you could pull an auction. I am not likely to use it again because not everyone’s idea of wholesale is $9.

•••
For $9 its barely worth the effort. I wouldn’t use it without the reserve and I agree with everything @SuperBrander said. I made the mistake of renewing a domain and then some cheapo bought it for 9 bucks. This was before you could pull an auction. I am not likely to use it again because not everyone’s idea of wholesale is $9.

I hear you, sorry you had a bad first experience. You should try it again with the reserves. We implemented that pretty soon after deploying. Now the coolest part about the reserves is being able to leave your domain listed for the full duration of the auction. It is then listed on the /bargain section for another 7 days.

•••
The reserve should be $14.99

•••
The reserve should be $14.99
You can make the reserve anything above $9 in bulk, inside your domain administrator just select any domain you want to list and find the "Marketplace" tab and hit Liquidate. Then set your reserve.

•••
You can make the reserve anything above $9 in bulk, inside your domain administrator just select any domain you want to list and find the "Marketplace" tab and hit Liquidate. Then set your reserve.

I think he’s saying raise min $9 to $14.99

1) it was raised from $1 to $9 (Thank God
2) If raise, never have end “.99”, make $15.00

Last edited:
•••
Hi Dan, for domains registered with Epik, can you list them on the platform even if they are within the 60 day lock period. Just curious.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back