Dynadot

question A domain I'm interested in expired from Network Solutions, but didn't show up on Namejet for auction

NameSilo
Watch

jake daniel

Established Member
Impact
The domain I'm interested in (call it "x.com") expired well over 40 days ago, but it never showed up on NameJet for the pre-release auction (30-35 days after expiration). However, the webpage for "x.com" does show a Network Solutions expired domain page and it just says, "x.com expired on 07/XX/2020 and is pending renewal or deletion." Though usually when a domain expires from Network Solutions it says this and there are also two links right under that saying, "Renew Now" and "Backorder Domain" -- neither of those are on this domain's page. Also, when I look up the domain on Namejet, it just shows it as "Auction Type: Wish List - No Current Auction" and "Domain Type: Wish List" even though I thought it should have shown up for auction at some point.

Also, it was never listed under Network Solutions Expiring Domains (I've looked every day from a week before it expired up to today (e.g. 40+ days):
networksolutions.com/domain-name-registration/pending.jsp

And it never showed up as a domain for auction on NameJet (I looked everyday since it expired):
namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/BrowseDomains.aspx

Does anyone know what's going on here? And when (or even if) the domain will actually go to auction or is this a case of Network Solutions warehousing a domain?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back