Dynadot

Namejet.com changes

NameSilo
Watch
So it looks like Namejet just used the same software they had over at snapnames which.. I don't see the point but my biggest problem with this is that there used to be a way to see bids on expiriing domains and now its gone. Boo...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Better for those who place a backorder for a medium-value domain, less competition.
Nothing changes for top domains that are easily recognizable.

•••
I'm quite surprised they'd want to make it harder to see what domains have interest. It will certainly result in less backorders placed. Good for buyers who have certain domains they want. Bad for those who place many backorders daily based on which domains have the most bids.

•••
Hi

doesn't make cents to have two identical sites with different names.

soooo, which will go, snap or nj?

they also reduced the number of term choices you could browse and save as categories in your list.

it sucks the big D, to me

imo....

•••
Actually, NameJet doesn't exist anymore and the URL is simply being forwarded to snapnames.com with a stylesheet that adds the NJ logo and a slightly different menu color.

There are a lot of problems with this, including the "no bids" issue. The Snapnames search system is much worse, as are their rudimentary (i.e useless) domain lists, among many other negatives.

To be honest, I've always disliked Snapnames and today attempted to search up some new expired domain listings, but I just kept getting garbage and I really have no idea how to duplicate what I could do on NJ using the horrible search page on SN.

I might be able to do 30% of what I did using NJ functionality and that's not good. How are you supposed to find and filter domains to buy if you're looking for data points like bids, reserve met/not, end date, etc? I know I find it much harder and often impossible to find anything using that archaic NP search page.

I don't see how getting rid of the Namejet site functionality and trying to replace it with Snapnames will do anything but lower auction revenues.

Last edited:
•••

Actually there is only one site, Snapnames, but I know what you mean - which logo will remain?

I'd guess the Snapnames logo stays, otherwise SN would be forwarded to NJ, which is actually the correct angle to take.

•••
I'm quite surprised they'd want to make it harder to see what domains have interest.

It's very possible that Web.com is getting out of the expired domain market and will sell off their existing contracts to GoDaddy.

Otherwise, this whole thing makes absolutely no sense and the people in charge must be whacked out on something.

If they're going to keep expired auctions running, and then give users absolutely no viable way to search, sort and filter the data at the same level as Namejet offered, then good luck with that. I see red ink in your future.

Better for those who place a backorder for a medium-value domain, less competition.

LOL, but this will obviously not be good news for Snapnames.

Last edited:
•••
I have always preferred NameJet to Snap's interface.

This "upgrade" is actually a downgrade IMO.

Brad

•••
I have always preferred NameJet to Snap's interface.

This "upgrade" is actually a downgrade IMO.

Brad
i thought NJ “upgrade” was NJ sailing into the sunset :ROFL:
This feels like “putting lipstick on a redundant pig”

Last edited:
•••
NJ/SN are dumpster fires, not only is their support horrendous and probably ran by some edgy kids, but the interface is from the early 2000s :xf.sick: Good thing I beat them often, only lost a couples names to them.

•••
Now that they've killed Namejet and erroneously replaced it with Snapnames, I just have one question:

Without Namejet to do the heavy data lifting, how are Snapnames expired domain buyers supposed to find anything to buy?

Expired domain lists are inherently massive, as well as being 99.9% junk, but Namejet had a usable Expired Domain search area that parsed, sorted and filtered this mass data to allow users to create manageable packets of domains to go through and evaluate.

Unfortunately Snapnames has no such function. Their extremely-limited search page is a joke and barely even qualifies as such. There are also no important data points like Number of Bids or Valuation, and their pre-order system doesn't have a price that changes. So you definitely need "Number of Bids" as a data point and the original Namejet designers knew this.

Go to GoDaddy, Dynadot, Dropcatch or any other expired domain sales venue and you'll always find a page where these thousands and thousands of domains can be parsed and sorted down to a manageable number using fields like Number of Bids, Price, Valuation, etc. This area is noticeably absent from the Snapnames design.

Namejet also featured Auction Lists with lots of useful information in them, while the Snapname lists are pure junk, usually with nothing but the Domain Name + End Time. Again, GD, Dynadot and others allow the parsed down Expired Auction Page results to be downloaded, as well as providing daily CSV expired lists.

Snapnames needs to duplicate the Expired Domain Page (complete the Number of Bids) of the recently-deceased Namejet site, as well as reproducing the Namejet Domain Lists.

Otherwise, what's their end game? If people cannot parse down the thousands of domain names using some type of Snapnames tool, then how can they determine what to buy within a reasonable amount of time? Sure, some long-timers will spend hours manually going through the junk Domain + End Date lists, but that's not going to pay the Snapnames bills.

If there are 50,000 domains in your system (GD adds 50K+ per day) then you require a usable tool that can parse and sort this data into a reasonable size. Otherwise you are literally searching for a needle in a haystack.

Namejet was clearly a required element of the SN/NJ expired domain system, and since the powers that be foolishly killed NJ, they need to at least bring back the Data Sorting and Domain List features of the old NJ site to provide users some small chance of extracting the 0.1% of domains that are worth bidding on.

Last edited:
•••
The update of NameJet is s^uck.
100% like Snapnames - which i consider one of the worst auction system in this industry.
The bad thing is, as a verified buyer, i can delay the payment up to 7 days to add funds.
Now their charge the fee directly to my Credit Card.

•••
The update of NameJet is s^uck.
100% like Snapnames

Even truer than you wrote, as there is no Namejet, it's been killed, deleted, mothballed, etc. There is no spoon.

There is only Snapnames.com... and a stylesheet that adds a NJ logo and a different colored menu to Snapnames.com when forwarded from Namejet.com.

There is only one site, and any difference you see is a stylesheet based on the URL you used. And yes, they pulled a major scam with their "big redesign" announcement, and I literally cannot believe they tried that playground trick and expected people to fall for it.

1687303535861.png

Last edited:
•••
Hi

they also reduced the number of term choices you could browse and save as categories in your list.

it sucks the big D, to me

imo....
I have like 15 years of backorders in snapnames so i hope they don't go but otherwise snapnames is useless though now namejet is just as useless. really a dumb move on their part that makes zero sense...less than zero sense.

•••
I am getting a serious headache trying to figure out how to access data from that inbred search engine at Snapnames.

Even their default search results don't work.

I pick their Exclusive Inventory link (https://www.snapnames.com/store/exclusivestorefront.action) but that shows incorrect data (you can compare it to the mini-chart) with Winestyle.com displaying first. But every 1 in 20 loads or so the correct data suddenly shows up, with IBCO.com at the top, followed by Stereotypes.net and RYZ.com.

But I have no idea why it displays incorrect info 95%+ of the time, or why it randomly loads the correct data. It's truly maddening and this is easily the worst search engine I've ever used. You really can't trust any data you get from it without confirming the results elsewhere.

I really wish someone at Web.com had actually tested this shit before killing Namejet.

Last edited:
•••
I was hoping some others can help me with this to make sure it's just not me getting erroneous/partial data unless I refresh it a million times.

When clicking on this Snapnames/Namejet report:

https://www.namejet.com/store/exclusivestorefront.action

Is the first domain on your list TOWBAR.com (incorrect) or IBCO.com (correct)

Last edited:
•••
Why would NameJet do this? Are they really so eager to lose customers? I do not like the new layout and the new features. It's just like SnapNames, and I do not like SnapNames. There's a reason why I don't use SnapNames. I think I will delete my account now. I am quite upset with the changes. Shame on you @NameJetGM for doing this.

Even when you click many things on NameJets new site, many of the links are broken.
Shame 🔔 Shame 🔔 Shame 🔔 Shame 🔔 Shame

#namejet #snapnames #domain #backorder #newwebsite

Screenshot-2023-06-25-at-12-10-54-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-06-25-at-12-11-09-PM.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Why would NameJet do this? Are they really so eager to lose customers? I do not like the new layout and the new features. It's just like SnapNames, and I do not like SnapNames.

There's the rub, it is Snapnames.

All Web.com is doing is forwarding all namejet.com traffic to snapnames.com, with a NJ stylesheet and a migrated login/account.

And I feel the same way, as the New Snapnames has not migrated over any of the Namejet features, options, searches, auction lists, or anything really, other than the logo and accounts. As stated earlier, even the NJ Alerts don't work.

Their "new" search engine is especially bad, and I asked this before, but how are Namejet customers supposed to search and find Expired Domains using various data points? NJ wasn't expansive in that regard, but SN has absolutely nothing, or at least nothing that works.

Last edited:
•••
Without Namejet to do the heavy data lifting, how are Snapnames expired domain buyers supposed to find anything to buy?
The way I and I think most have always done it, expireddomains.net

•••
The way I and I think most have always done it, expireddomains.net

For Pending Delete, sure, but does ED still maintain the SN/NJ expired domain inventory?

I knew they used to, but I thought they got rid of it.

Last edited:
•••
For Pending Delete, sure, but does ED still maintain the SN/NJ expired domain inventory?

I knew they used to, but I thought they got rid of it.
No, they've always had it, just went thru it today, Pre-Release

•••
No, they've always had it, just went thru it today, Pre-Release

I'm not seeing it. I even plugged in multiple expired inventory domains into the basic ED search engine and NONE of them popped up.

pinkcat.com
skywolf.com
telecommuting.com
etc.

Nothing. but everything from GoDaddy and DynaDot displayed using the base search engine.

Could you be more specific on exactly how and where you're finding the SN/NJ expired domain inventory because I can't find anything at all on ED.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not seeing it. I even plugged in multiple expired inventory domains into the basic ED search engine and NONE of them popped up.

pinkcat.com
skywolf.com
telecommuting.com
etc.

Nothing. but everything from GoDaddy and DynaDot displayed using the base search engine.

Could you be more specific on exactly how and where you're finding the SN/NJ expired domain inventory because I can't find anything at all on ED.
https://member.expireddomains.net/

Under Marketplace Domains - NJ or Snap then Pre-Release

Could be this problem that I had myself. They removed some of the namejet and snapnames lists from some accounts and you had to email them back to get them restored.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/so...ejet-and-snapnames-lists-big-problem.1288366/

•••
Could be this problem that I had myself. They removed some of the namejet and snapnames lists from some accounts and you had to email them back to get them restored.

This is exactly the problem as they've been removed. Thanks, and I'll email to get them back.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back