IT.COM

Namejet and their Enom transfer requirement. Looking for explanations.

NameSilo
Watch
It seems NameJet is a very selective marketplace, which is a great thing. After many submissions, I recently received the good news that more than 10 of my names had been approved for auction.

However, I soon discovered that the listing was not possible now, because I acquired the names via backorder not too long ago and they do not qualify to be transferred from the current registrar.

NameJet requires that every name sold on their platform be transferred to Enom. Therefore, I will have to wait at least 45 more days for the names to be listed. Well, that is their policy. Nothing I can do about it. If I want them listed, I have no other choice but to wait.

My question to the NamePros community is, what is your take on this requirement? I am struggling to figure out how is this policy convenient to NameJet or the seller. 60 days is a long time. From day one of acquisition to the 60th day many things can happen. It seems to me NameJet is missing the opportunity to have even more great names on their platform due to their Enom transfer policy.

I want to be clear. I am not in any shape or form bashing NameJet. They are free to establish the policies they deem convenient and they may have their reasons, but I am trying to understand the requirement.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, when we sell a domain on Namejet, they automatically come take the domain in our Enom account and push it to the buyer's Enom account.

They should try to have that feature for other registrars too. It would be much more convenient for sellers.

But personally I don't care too much because this way it forces me to bring my domains at Enom and avoid having domains at dozens of registrars. Easier for me to manage.

•••
i have received yesterday a .ws pushed to my name.com account from nj

•••
•••
How about this... I sold a name on namejet, and upon trying to transfer it to Enom, it told me to update my enom contact info. Upon doing so, prompts me with a message saying “Once you submit this ALL domains using this registrants contact info will be locked for 60 days”... is that right?!? Do you really mean ALL of my close to 100 names are going to be LOCKED for months because of a measily transfer???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back