IT.COM

The Terrible New NameJet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been an active user of NameJet for years and years. I love their service and have obtained a number of great domains through them. Since the "redesign", I do not understand their operation now. Names that I had on backorder, are suddenly not going to auction, but being listed with a crazy stupid high for sale price. Are the days of NameJet auctions over? What is actually going on with NameJet at the moment?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NameJet was never any good.
I always liked Snapnames more.
I have no idea what you people see in NameJet.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question at all about why names are going to fixed pricing instead of auctions

•••
Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question at all about why names are going to fixed pricing instead of auctions
They capture it and then sell for more...? You just tell them what they should be make money on off you.

•••
From what I hear NJ has just become a SN clone now which basically means its dead. SN is all I ever used anyway. It's become infinitely more difficult to pick up any half decent names anywhere in the last year or so to the point where I don't really buy anything anymore.

Last edited:
•••
Names that I had on backorder, are suddenly not going to auction, but being listed with a crazy stupid high for sale price.

I think what is happening is these are names you've had on b/o for years. They've dropped/been purchased by new owners who list them at exorbitant BIN prices.

I'm getting the same emails from NJ about names I flagged over a decade ago and long forgotten. They could even be names I once tagged on Snapnames way back when.

Last edited:
•••
I think what is happening is these are names you've had on b/o for years. They've dropped/been purchased by new owners who list them at exorbitant BIN prices.

I'm getting the same emails from NJ about names I flagged over a decade ago and long forgotten. They could even be names I once tagged on Snapnames way back when.
Yes, exactly this! Ok that makes sense now. Glad someone else saw it too.

•••
Be aware that you have to manually remove backorders you've made or they stay on you're account forever and will be attempted any time the name drops in future.

•••
Be aware that you have to manually remove backorders you've made or they stay on you're account forever and will be attempted any time the name drops in future.
How do you manage to do that? I scoured the account and found no way to remove backorders and it pisses me off. Messaged them but got no response.

Please help, much appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
How do you manage to do that? I scoured the account and found no way to remove backorders and it pisses me off. Messaged them but got no response.

Please help, much appreciated.
I mean on SN which may well be the same as on NJ now I'm not sure.

Anyway you need to go to the top left drop down menu and select "Buyer Dashboard" then "Pending Orders". Here you'll see all the backorders on your account and be able to delete as required.

•••
0 domain names found. The list is empty there, and always has been for years.

Yet they absolutely add me again each and every time a domain is being auctioned again. And no response from support...

Thanks anyway. I thought I am stupid with this one, turns out it's not me.

--------

Edit: Got hope. there is this setting in preferences, checked now:

Auction Preferences
Remove my backorder when I lose an auction

Maybe now I will escape from it.

Last edited:
•••
0 domain names found. The list is empty there, and always has been for years.

Yet they absolutely add me again each and every time a domain is being auctioned again. And no response from support...

Thanks anyway. I thought I am stupid with this one, turns out it's not me.

--------

Edit: Got hope. there is this setting in preferences, checked now:

Auction Preferences
Remove my backorder when I lose an auction

Maybe now I will escape from it.
Fingers crossed. Good luck!

•••
Tool for listing new names at network solution not showing up..
Any body notice that?
active and new ..not coming up?

•••
NameJet was never any good.
I always liked Snapnames more.
I have no idea what you people see in NameJet.

Namejet had much better search tools and domain lists, so I previously I used NJ to find domains and then SN to order them. Both sides had their pros and cons.

Now that NJ has effectively been shut down, you can still order seamless through SN but they don't have the search tools to find anything reliably.

•••
Does anyone have any high level connections at NameJet? My account was suspended; I called 10 days ago and a very helpful woman said it was because of inactivity and that I wasn't verified. So I downloaded the form and submitted everything, but again today I was suspended. I called, got someone named Justin, and he explained to me I am suspended forever for repeatedly not paying for auction wins. I never even bid on an auction at NameJet in my life. So he researched, and said in 2014, I backordered ScottsdaleTechnologies.com at $69, it dropped but I never paid. I have zero recollection of this! I said, OK....what are the other repeated offenses....and after a few minutes, he said "No, that was the only one." So obviously, so repeated offenses. But said I'm still banned for life! So, I went right into "Do you know who I am " routine, not to be like an actor being pulled over by the police LOL but that I have never not paid for an auction or domain, to please Google my domain sales, go to DNJournal and you will see many articles about me....I'm 100% legitimate, and please have your upper management reconsider my application. He said he would, but 99.9% of the time it is denied. For a $69 dropped name from 9 years ago!!!! Just got the email stating:

Thank you for contacting NameJet. We are committed to creating the best experience for you.

I apologize, however at this time we are not able to activate or verify your NameJet account.

You will also not be permitted to open any new accounts with NameJet.

I hope this information has been helpful. We appreciate your business!

Are they serious? "I hope this information has been helpful? We appreciate your business!"?????? Who does this? Who treats people this way? Well, I've survived 15 years in this industry without them, I guess I don't really need them but WOW.........

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back