Dynadot

NameDrive popunders - On or Off?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

col

Established Member
Impact
Do you use popunders at Namedrive?
I use it at the moment, but I'm thinking about turning it off. For me, about 90% of the visitors seems to be using a popup blocker. Do you think it'll lower the CTR? I mean if people rush away from the page when they notice popunders or they get warnings from their popup blockers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ask yourself, what do you do when you see them?
Do you think... cool, more stuff, or... time to go!

They do prove out to a higher % ctr, but when I
see them I make a mental note never to return to
that site.

•••
Interesting theory and quite probably true.

As popunders only made me 19 cents last month, I don't mind giving it a try.
Popunders removed, let's see what happens... :)

•••
i make a fair bit from popunders on a site with around 500 uniques a day :P

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Ask yourself, what do you do when you see them?
Do you think... cool, more stuff, or... time to go!

They do prove out to a higher % ctr, but when I
see them I make a mental note never to return to
that site.
That was what I was thinking... When I notice popups I take that as a warning that the site might not be that serious.
But then you never know other people's reactions. I mean when I see a parking page I know that I've probably made a typo or the site is put down, but not everyone think that way. Earlier this year I was helping my dad, over the phone, to check some prices on flight ticket. I told him the url and what to click on when the page was done loading. He said he couldn't find the link I told him to click on, but he found similar ones and clicked them... after trying to figure out where he found the links for a while, I figured out that he had made a typo on the url and clicked some ads on a parking page... He thought that he was on a real website...

•••
Marcvs said:
i make a fair bit from popunders on a site with around 500 uniques a day :P

I do to. The names which receive traffic but are very bad in terms of CTR are the ideal candidates for pop up in my opinion. (Obviously recognizing that they where as bad in terms of CTR before turning on the popunders!) :hehe:

Anyway that is my take on popunders!

Fabian

•••
Ok, good points made pro and con.

I got caught in the trap and I want to thank you guys
for reminding me (again), eveyone sees the pages from
different perspectives and levels of experience.

Bad Cyberian.... rookie mistake.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back