IT.COM

Namecheap URL forwarding help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello forum,
I have 3 domains at Namecheap (I am trying out Namecheap for the first time). One of them is working great regarding URL forwarding, but the other two are being buggy.

I click on the "url forwarding" for one of them and on that page, I have enterd the domain I want it to bump visitors to. It works fine if you DON'T put the www in front of it, but if you type in the www. , it goes to an error page.

I have attached a jpeg of the screen. What should I enter in the top or bottom one to get the forwarding to work both with and without www in front of it?

lk

Attachments

• kindaiurl.JPG
    kindaiurl.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 51
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Note: I copied the way it is working on the successful forward on my other url, but it doesn't want to work on this one.

•••
Do you have hosting to host the domains? If so, use .htaccess and 301 redirects instead, better for SEO.

•••
No, I just have a weebly site to direct to.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

BTW, on the domain I have where the forwarding is working, I have the "www." typed into the top option (after the @ symbol) and just the dotcom in the bottom box with no "www." and that one works.

It just won't work the same on the one I have the jpeg of up there.

•••
See if you can redirect one through the other to create two working ones. So redirect the "WWW" to your domain name instead. You also don't need the http://, try keeping the formation. Put just the domain with dot com in the first, and add www to the second redirect address.

Aside from this, change the record to "cname" and see if that helps if nothing else.

You might have a nameserver or conflicting record i can't see as well.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back