IT.COM

GoDaddy forwarding extremely slow to update

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
With other registrars name servers propagate in a few hours. On namecheap or dynadot it takes 3 hours on average.

However I have forwarded a godaddy domain and it has been 36 hours but still it doesn't work. You might say nameservers take a long time to update around the world, but this domain is already using forwarding. It is already on Godaddy's nameservers. I just changed the forwarding URL from one link to another.

Godaddy terribly slow. If it wasn't for the expired domain auctions I would never use them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One option would be to switch to another DNS provider. This recent thread lists some options, although not every provider offers URL forwarding. Offhand, I know that ZoneEdit and Sitelutions do for sure, but you might want to look through the others, also.

•••
Is this just today, or in general? I bought some domains today and they were pushed to my GD account. Normally I do the quick accept and they show up in my list in a few minutes. Today it's been hours and they still aren't there.

I see the note on the page at GD about "our wonderfull new DNS system" and wonder if there are some issues.

Dynadot DNS changes have always been very fast for me. I haven't tried today though.

•••
It's really slower than past. In the past I did with GD but it not seems that slow. But from last month I found very slower performance with every updates. I'm very disappointed.

Thanks

•••
I don't know why, but sometimes it might take 1-2 days to update. It's quite rare imho (I'd say under 1% of the time). You should check to make sure that GoDaddy has the correct info in it's database.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back