Dynadot

domains Namecheap To Accept Payments Via Bitcoin Lightning

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Domain name giant Namecheap has set up Bitcoin lightning on its platform as a method of payment.

Domain name giant Namecheap has set up Bitcoin lightning on its platform as a method of payment. The company was the first major domain registrar to accept Bitcoin from its customers in 2020.

In response to a Twitter user request for Namecheap to accept payments via lightning, the firm's CEO, Richard Kirkendall, tweeted, "We have it set up already, just need to get it into production one of these days."

read more (nasdaq)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What do you think will be the effect of Cryptocurrencies being used to buy domain names?

In one scenario , and I am just spitballing here, could be completely wrong about this,

cryptocurrency holders have made such huge gains over the last few years that they have all this wealth sloshing around so are happy to buy loads of domains, and possibly using machines to generate likely names that have a higher probability of selling ??

Last edited:
•••
When companies dabble their feet in the pool of crypto, if you're willing to do Bitcoin, you may as well do Monero, Dash, ZCash, Stellar, Nano, Cardano ...

•••
I'm pretty sure they started accepting bitcoin in 2013, not 2020. Along with Wordpress in late 2012 I always thought it was a major factor in bitcoin's huge rise and exposure during that year (2013). Either way by 2020 other registrars were already accepting it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back