Domain Empire

Namecheap sucks!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
they are soooooooo bad, dont return emails , have locked my account
and saying i have a charge back which i never bought a name from them,
has any one ever run into bad registers like them or have experiences like this.
please list your experiences with namecheap.com here for i want to start a complaint forum about these guys, and build a website so others know the dirty tactics.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have had an account for quite some time with them and have contacted their customer support in the past and have had no issues or complaints with them. I received a response to my email within 5-10 minutes promptly and professionally. B-)

When did you first contact them? How long have you been waiting for a reply?

•••
harpo said:
they are soooooooo bad, dont return emails , have locked my account
and saying i have a charge back which i never bought a name from them,
has any one ever run into bad registers like them or have experiences like this.
please list your experiences with namecheap.com here for i want to start a complaint forum about these guys, and build a website so others know the dirty tactics.
Sorry to hear of your situation.
Myself.. am a very pleased customer of NameCheap.. I am a fan.. and use their svc. on a regular basis.. and the CS I've rec'd has been outstanding..

•••
I've had no troubles with them either.

Perhaps you could shed some more light on what happened to you?

•••
I used to like NameCheap, lately been experiencing terrible (non-existent) customer
service.

Getting a little concerned about buying domains regd. at NameCheap...

Just my 2 cents.

•••
Sorry to hear these problems.

I prefer GoDaddy! :wave:

•••
Harpo,

One of the domains in your account was a chargeback. If you didn't use your credit card, then whoever you got the domain from must have. You also entered bogus information for your account which is again against our terms of service.

Maxweb,

Other than fraud or on hold accounts, which we do not give priority to(you'd be surprised how many people use stolen credit cards on our site and then expect prompt customer service), we answer all emails every day and generally within 1-2 hrs. I have support staff working 7 days a week. If your account is in good standing you should have definitely received a response at the very least same day. It is possible something broke down between you and us. If you email at [email protected] I will try and figure out were the breakdown was so this does not happen to you again.
You can also use that same address to reach me at any time if this is ever happens to anyone again.

Last edited:
•••
enetwork said:
Harpo,

One of the domains in your account was a chargeback. If you didn't use your credit card, then whoever you got the domain from must have. You also entered bogus information for your account which is again against our terms of service.

Maxweb,

Other than fraud or on hold accounts, which we do not give priority to(you'd be surprised how many people use stolen credit cards on our site and then expect prompt customer service), we answer all emails every day and generally within 1-2 hrs. I have support staff working 7 days a week. If your account is in good standing you should have definitely received a response at the very least same day. It is possible something broke down between you and us. If you email at [email protected] I will try and figure out were the breakdown was so this does not happen to you again.
You can also use that same address to reach me at any time if this is ever happens to anyone again.

Thanks for the clarification enetwork :tu:

I didn't had any single problem with NC... great service!

•••
neither have i! *ever*

A++++

•••
enetwork said:
Harpo,

Hello enetwork,

Thanks for coming on to Namepros to address our concerns.

I understand penalizing someone for using a credit card. But penalizing someone's account (freezing the account, then deprioritizing support emails from that account) for receiving a domain which turns out to be associated with fraud sounds extreme. If this is your policy, then many here would be very wary of buying domains currently registered via Namecheap.

Something similar happened to me with Godaddy, and these were Godaddy's actions:
- confiscated the specific domain from my account
- suspended the GD account that used the fraudulent CC
- gave me the option of purchasing the domain with my own CC, but with a small penalty

I wasn't happy about the penalty, but at least I got the domain back. And during the entire fiasco, I still had full access to my GD account and domains.

I'm not telling you how to run your business, but I imagine something akin to above would be fair to all concerned.

- Apollo %%-

•••
Ditto!

armstrong said:
Hello enetwork,

Thanks for coming on to Namepros to address our concerns.

I understand penalizing someone for using a credit card. But penalizing someone's account (freezing the account, then deprioritizing support emails from that account) for receiving a domain which turns out to be associated with fraud sounds extreme. If this is your policy, then many here would be very wary of buying domains currently registered via Namecheap.

Something similar happened to me with Godaddy, and these were Godaddy's actions:
- confiscated the specific domain from my account
- suspended the GD account that used the fraudulent CC
- gave me the option of purchasing the domain with my own CC, but with a small penalty

I wasn't happy about the penalty, but at least I got the domain back. And during the entire fiasco, I still had full access to my GD account and domains.

I'm not telling you how to run your business, but I imagine something akin to above would be fair to all concerned.

- Apollo %%-

•••
i have about 60 plus names with namecheap and so far
everything runs well:tu:

no problems

•••
Sabre Hosting said:
neither have i! *ever*

A++++

I wish I could say the same. I have had issues before about domains not registering but getting charged. Customer service told me that the problem had been fixed and yet the domain was still available. For the past week I have been trying to sync so I could get rid of two names that I transferred away but I keep getting an error.

To the OP. I think "sucks" is a strong word. I believe Rick is an honest guy who has a good business model. To the outsider it may seem harsh but dealing with fraudulent credit cards and chargebacks is a pain (not saying the OP did). What I do find intolerable is bogus information for account details or whois records.

•••
[/QUOTE]What I do find intolerable is bogus information for account details or whois records.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is one of the points that really led us to conclude what we did. Unfortunately fighting fraud is VERY difficult and sometimes hard to determine.

This person was in fact replied to many times and most within a proper amount of time. His domains remained online until we could determine if he was legitimate or not. Regardless, the issue has now been resolved.

Acts837,
If you are having some issues using our Sync tool , email us and someone will remove the domain manually for you.

If anyone else here EVER has issues was our support staff, please feel free to PM me here. I have adjusted the settings to I can now receive notifications. I am interested to hear ANY complaints.

I always stress the importance of support to our staff so if someone is not doing their job I would to know so I can take action to correct it.

Last edited:
•••
just because you hit the very occasional problem, does not mean something *sucks*

you cant help the occasional issue... you just get hold of them, they sort it.. and everyones happy :)

•••
Worst registrar I have dealt with by far, poor customer service.

•••
Please give us the details Equity78.

I know in your case your account was also placed on hold because it raised some redflags with our fraud software and a call was put through to confirm but we could not get ahold of anyone. We also ALWAYS replied to all your emails sent to us and unlocked your account as soon as we established you were legitimate. We explained the situation to you and I personally offered my apologies for the inconvenience.

As I mentioned earlier, combating fraud is a very difficult situation and it sometimes does affect innocent people. I don't think some of you realize the scope of the amount of fraud that takes place with online companies. It is MUCH more than is ever reported. There are thousands of dollars of losses a day at stake here for our company alone. We do our best to diffrentiate between the legitimate and fraud users but we are under time constraints. If we delay even 24 hours to void a fraudulent transaction, it can come back as a chargeback regardless and cost us up to $50 for an $8.88 transaction(There are also time constraints that we have on deleting domains to consider as well. ). On top of this, if we get too many chargebacks in a month, VISA will cancel our merchant account and effectively put us out of business as we will not be able to process ANY credit card transactions. Unfortunately, in order to protect ALL our clients we sometimes need to be strong with the few we suspect as fraud. In 95% of the cases we review, the transaction is in fact found out to be fraud.

If you have an established account with us with history, there is no need to worry as we review the accounts and that is a strong consideration when deciding to place a hold on the account.

Last edited:
•••
We appreciate very much your responsiveness within this thread. Despite the reported NC problems, if from this point on you continue proactively responding to issues from Namepros members, I'm sure you'll gain more clients from this forum.

I myself have some NC-registered domains, and have not encountered any problems.

I'm sure many here can sympathize with you regarding online fraud, as we also run web-based businesses.

•••
Well I did not say you sucked But It was certainly by far the worst experience I have had with aregistrar. ANd as I stated I never received the call and I was in the whole night and it was over 40 hours for my first email to get an answer and then I said ok just unlock and I will reregister and you can call me and I emailed three more times before account was unlocked it takes a lot for me to leave any negative feedback can;t stand the typing for one. But it was the worst experience I had with a registrar, not saying anyone sucks.

•••
armstrong said:
We appreciate very much your responsiveness within this thread. Despite the reported NC problems, if from this point on you continue proactively responding to issues from Namepros members, I'm sure you'll gain more clients from this forum.

I am always here to listen to your complaints and do whatever I can to make sure they are attended to properly and efficiently.

Equity78,
I know you are a little alienated with us at the moment but if you ever choose to give us a second chance, let me know and i'll add credits for a free domain to your account to show you that we do care about your business.

•••
I would like to add that I had several domains with NameCheap in the past (before moving to eNom which is cheaper) and not once met with any issues. Support is very prompt (anything from 15 minutes to an hour max) and always very friendly. I would personally rate them a notch above GoDaddy, for their friendly and quick user interface as well as the sync function which always works wonders.

•••
No problems here. Almost all of my domains are at NC. :tu:

•••
armstrong said:
....I'm sure many here can sympathize with you regarding online fraud, as we also run web-based businesses.

I also have a few names at Namecheap and no problem with good support, even on transfers AWAY.

Yes, chargebacks are a big issue. The most incredible thing about credit card chargebacks is the credit card firm permits the buyer to KEEP the merchandise or service already provided. In fact, they do not even bother to ask the rip-off buyer to return the product, let alone require it.

They also instantly grab the $ from the merchant acct without first inquiring about it or checking validity of the complaint. Simply amazing.

P.S. The credit cards are also on the customers side almost 100% of the time and very rarely if ever side with the merchant.

Last edited:
•••
I've used Namecheap for a while now and had no problems. Namecheap initially amused me because they were one of the first registrars to offer a domain extension pie chart for one's account, which is pretty cool. :)

•••
No problems with NameCheap personally. Good service to date!

LBM

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back