NameSilo

NameCheap offers hosting now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This is awesome, I don't know if this has been posted yet. I was just messing around and went to namecheap randomly, and i saw that they offer hosting now.

It shocked me because i've been buying my domains from this company for a few years now and i think they're the best and i've never had one problem, so i'd love to use more of their services, but previously they only had domains.

THE PRICES are amazing. An example:

MONTHLY PRICE AS LOW AS
$2.91

* 5GB space
* 250GB transfer
* 50 email accounts
* 15 MySQL databases
* 15 subdomains
* 5 FTP users
* All the features of Email Only

that is awesome!
Does anyone use this service of theirs yet? What do you think of it?

Also i'm sorry if this is a repost, i did a quick search and didn't come up with anything.

http://www.namecheap.com/learn/webhosting/index.asp?from=indexpromo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think this offer from Namecheap.com looks nice. What's awesome for you? Their prices?

•••
ZannuZZi said:
I think this offer from Namecheap.com looks nice. What's awesome for you? Their prices?

their prices and the fact that its namecheap and I trust them :D I know how great their services are so far :P

•••
Yeah, Godaddy has been offering hosting for a long time, so it was expected the NameCheap would come out with the same (I hope better :) offer.

•••
Just be careful because hosting is a totally different market than domains. While they may be excellent domain providers, they may not be good when it comes to hosting. None the less, it is quite interesting and I am curious to see how they will be standing a few years down the road!

•••
The Grinch said:
This is awesome, I don't know if this has been posted yet. I was just messing around and went to namecheap randomly, and i saw that they offer hosting now.

Do you mean namecheap.com has introduced hosting services recently? I wonder if anyone has tried them?

•••
Namecheap have been offering hosting for years under a different name....I cant recall what it was called, however I remember it having a very old stock template for the layout and having really naff plans.

They may be good at the domain side of sales however I would check they can provide a quality hosting service before committing to them :) (I.E support response times, helpfulness of support reps, etc).

Also, their monthly plans start at $6.95 as you have to pay yearly for the lower priced ones.

•••
Yes i guess they are moving over to the namecheap brand and trying to build on their growth and success and try to compete with godaddy whom i can officially say have some good hosting packages having used a few of them myself and its the only place i register names although i own names in other registrars.

Anyways they are nice offers from namecheap on their main site and not their hosting site

•••
NeeJam said:
Yes i guess they are moving over to the namecheap brand and trying to build on their growth and success and try to compete with godaddy whom i can officially say have some good hosting packages having used a few of them myself and its the only place i register names although i own names in other registrars.

Anyways they are nice offers from namecheap on their main site and not their hosting site

Godaddy's shared hosting is pretty good....however I wouldn't rely on their VPS & dedicated hosting....it leaves much to be desired.

Hopefully Namecheap wont make the mistake of offering VPS or Dedicated hosting. Unless they have a team of professionals (aka people who know how a server works -- not just a network admin or datacenter techie) and how to configure and manage VPS nodes then it will become slow, overloaded and basically a replica of what GoDaddy provides.

•••
Namecheap has been offering hosting for awhile, it just linked to some other site. The site it linked too had a poorly edited template monster design, not sure what happened to it.

•••
rmwebs said:
Hopefully Namecheap wont make the mistake of offering VPS or Dedicated hosting. Unless they have a team of professionals (aka people who know how a server works -- not just a network admin or datacenter techie) and how to configure and manage VPS nodes then it will become slow, overloaded and basically a replica of what GoDaddy provides.
Chances are they won't do that anytime soon. I'm sure they know what they
are doing.

•••
NameCheap.com offer wide spectrum of services. And that meant that they are sucessful and works good. If they do provide quality service in web hosting sphere as in domain name registration do that will be really good deal for many people, including me. :)

•••
antic said:
NameCheap.com offer wide spectrum of services. And that meant that they are sucessful and works good. If they do provide quality service in web hosting sphere as in domain name registration do that will be really good deal for many people, including me. :)

Spot on :)

Only time will tell!

•••
The Grinch

Go through their TOS well. There may be limitations for resource usage and if limit is crossed what is the charge, like that.

•••
I think in TOS evrything is written perfectly well. Read them carefully before signing up.

•••
rmwebs said:
Namecheap have been offering hosting for years under a different name....
Never knew about it, couldn't you recall it? It might be an interesting idea to get the reviews of namecheap.com hosting.

•••
Namecheap.com's web hosting is really very cheap. I think of trying their services 'cause this company is reputable and well-known with their domain registration services.

•••
moonlight77 said:
I think in TOS evrything is written perfectly well. Read them carefully before signing up.
Where did you fins their TOS?
I couldn't find namecheap.com hosting TOS or AUP, there's only Privacy Policy and Disclaimer, but both mostly concern domain registration.

•••
for the basic hosting plan, they say 15 sub domains.... does it mean add-on domains?

•••
novelty said:
Where did you fins their TOS?
I couldn't find namecheap.com hosting TOS or AUP, there's only Privacy Policy and Disclaimer, but both mostly concern domain registration.
Right, Namecheap.com has both Privacy Policy and Declaimer. As far as I understood these are two different things. Am I right?

•••
ZannuZZi said:
Right, Namecheap.com has both Privacy Policy and Declaimer. As far as I understood these are two different things. Am I right?

I think every site that offers services has both of them. even some of mine to. doesn't mean its anything bad. Usually they are to protect themselves and the customers. I actually wouldn't trust a site that doesnt have these.

•••
-Raja- said:
for the basic hosting plan, they say 15 sub domains.... does it mean add-on domains?

I think both are set up in the same way (in a folder) the difference being that a subdomain will use something.yourdomain.com while the addon domain will point a fully functional domain to a folder. So it's a step up from a parked domain that just points a domain to your main account.

I wonder if there will be VPS and dedicated plans among Namecheap.com hosting deals?

•••
hupadupa said:
I wonder if there will be VPS and dedicated plans among Namecheap.com hosting deals?
I think with time NameCheap.com will provide not only a VPS and dedi but reselling as well. It's a perspective company.

•••
NameCheap.com provides email only hosting for just $1.25 per month.
10 Spam Protected POP3 Email Addresses
2000MB Storage
Unlimited Email Aliases
Webmail
Unlimited Autoresponders
So as I understand this kind of hosting can be used only for email services. Right?

•••
-Raja- said:
I queried their support staff about this and the answer was disheartening: one domain name per account. If you want to add domains, you can't. You will need to purchase another paid hosting account for each additional domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back