NameSilo

Has anyone ever sold a domain on the Namecheap marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bean

Top Member
Impact
Have any of you ever sold a domain via the Namecheap marketplace? I can't seem to be able to find any stats/recent sales anywhere. Anyone knows of a site that tracks sales from there?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Someone said in a blog I read that he made a sale there. Dont think much sales happen there at all. Customer services might be able to tell you if they have the data and where.

•••
I really wish their marketplace be more active.

•••
I have sold several domains there...very small in $$ value each, though.

•••
I sold a few ones in low/mid $xx - low $xxx range. There is no statistic on sales though

•••
I sold a few ones in low/mid $xx - low $xxx range. There is no statistic on sales though

Oh wow, nice you're the first person I meet who's made a sale on Namecheap. Do you have any tips for listing on there? Like what type of domains sells best?

•••
Oh wow, nice you're the first person I meet who's made a sale on Namecheap. Do you have any tips for listing on there? Like what type of domains sells best?

Cheap type of domains sells best at NC :)

Well, I searched for underpriced domains (usually listed at $5-$10), that were trending on the market and listed those at a higher price. There are a few people who regularly walk through NC marketplace and purchase such domains (at least from what I saw from sale confirmation emails)

It's hard to sell keyword domains there, since their marketplace search is very poor when it comes to large quantities of domains. So it is the main reason why NC marketplace is not good for nice deals, but only for quick flips with low profit. However, as long as I have my domains with Namecheap, such flips cover my renewals, so I'm ok with that.

•••
And their marketplace is still as dead today, as it was last year. I have sold some domains there too. Cheapo domains but even then, really hard to sell anything. Especially now when their marketplace search is broken.

•••
I just got a sale there! I list it $90 and i got $81 in my account. :smuggrin:

•••
i regularly sell domains in namecheap marketplace. There are still more active buyers who buy domains in namecheap marketplace with cheap rate below $50 and again sell to namecheap marketplace with Profit !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back