IT.COM

question Namecheap Marketplace Sale Reversal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mike2100

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys , I did some outbound and found a buyer for my domain , after negotiations , we agreed on a price
I offered him pushing the domain first and then get my money , or to purchase the domain directly from Namecheap marketplace ,
he chose to buy it directly from there, he bought the name
and I waited 5 days to withdraw the money from my marketplace earnings ,

today , I got this email from NC :
Notice for Marketplace Sale Reversal ( my domain )
Dear ...,

This notice is to inform you that one of the domains that you sold
recently has been returned back to your account.

Details of the domain sale are provided below.

Your account : ......
Domain name : ...........
Buyer user name :...........
Earned amount : ..........................
Sale date : ...................................
Reason:
$REASON$

$DEBITEDEARNEDAMOUNT$

We have also removed the funds that you earned through this transaction.

what does that mean " DEBITED EARNED AMOUNT " ? and why ?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why are you asking us and not NameCheap ?

•••
•••
Look at it as an opportunity to get a higher price. I always raise the price after a sale that falls by the way. It shows the domain has value and often the buyer will rethink it and attempt another purchase through another marketplace.

I sold a domain to the same guy a while back and got 1k more after he welched. He then contacted through another marketplace but I had raised it by 3k. I let him negotiate it down by two.

•••
Why did they return the domain? Did the buyer commit fraud or what?

•••
I have done just over 30 sales at Namecheap Marketplace and never had it happen so I don't think it is common. The reason they don't allow you to withdraw funds for 5 days is to allow time for payment clearance. I am speculating but I suspect the payment method failed clearance so they are returning the domain.

Bob

•••
The domain reversal is probably due to the risk management team seeing the payment of customer fraudulent or hijacked account etc. It happened to me in the past. Only once.

•••
Back