Domain Empire

question Namecheap listing TM-infringing domain as Premium?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JohnACW

Established Member
Impact
Namecheap lists the domain stadiachannel.com as a Premium domain.

I get that there might be some loopholes for building a business/website without infringing on the Stadia TM from Google, but I don't get it why a company such as Namecheap would even sell something as premium. They would only open themselves for lawsuits by profiting from possible TM infringement, right?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
but I don't get it why a company such as Namecheap would even sell something as premium. They would only open themselves for lawsuits by profiting from possible TM infringement, right?

How do you know namecheap are selling the name?

I believe a domainer registered the name a few days ago & is selling it, not namecheap.

I think title of this thread needs updating because there is many names starting with stadia being registered by domainers & listed at different registrars not just namecheap. There is even some listed here on NP. So, it is up to an individual to decide if they want to invest in such names or not (not recommended).

You can go to expireddomains.net, search for names starting with stadia, you will see there is plenty, most at Godaddy. Domainers are registering those names. Many names starting with stadia are being dropped.

Some interesting threads
1. https://www.namepros.com/threads/stadia-new-gaming-system.1128717/
2. https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-buying-stadia-domain-cybersquatting.1129067/

Also mentioning that name is not fair. It is not mine. Think thread #2 above is best suited for such discussions to register/not to register such names.

Suggestion: update the title and remove a fellow domainer's domain name from your post.

I do not have any names with stadia in them. Don't plan to invest in such names.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back