IT.COM

Namecheap don't know where is the domain (The weird thing I've seen)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
Today I bought a premium .IO domain to namecheap for my business, The purchase was from the phone, so I didn't have much opportunity to check the Whois at that moment, I just saw it available at the Namecheap search engine at an accessible price and bought it and from here everything began to be weird;

According to Whois the domain Expires On : Dec 2022, but was Updated On January 2023, Registrar "Namecheap", but namecheap place the domain under "With other registrar" on my account, so is not really there.

The support team say, they need upto 10 days to transfer from other registrar. It doesn't matter how many times I repeated that according to Whois they had domain the domain registrar is Namecheap, the agent repeat that the domain was in another registrar.

What it's happen here?

I also check the io whois direct on nic.io, namecheap is the register. The domain continues for sale.

Screenshot_7.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back