Dynadot

report NameCheap - eNom migration

NameSilo
Watch

techpr

Established Member
Impact
Have you noticed the eNom - Namecheap migration for info, mobi, org started today?

Wanted to change DNS and can't access the dashboard for a particular .info domain. The Support Chat told me this is related to the Namecheap/eNom migration. Anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What the Helsinki?

Can you please elaborate on this? Do you mean Namecheap domains are being migrated to eNom? That would be next to horrific if true. IMO.

•••
•••
What the Helsinki?

Can you please elaborate on this? Do you mean Namecheap domains are being migrated to eNom? That would be next to horrific if true. IMO.

No no.... actually it's the opposite. On December 2017 Namecheap announced that they will move all domains from eNom to Namecheap own ICANN registrar accreditation.

Dear Customers,

We announced in December last year that we’ll be using our direct ICANN registrar accreditation for all new domain registrations, renewals and transfers. In January we successfully transferred a huge part of the domains from Enom to our registration platform.

Now we are glad to inform you that we are planning to proceed with a transfer of the remaining Namecheap-managed domain registrations from Enom’s sponsorship to our own credential.

This is supposed to be transparent to the end user but today I found that I cannot change DNS during the migration that started today. This is the Support link with the migration announcement.
namecheap .com/status-updates/archives/40264

When will the migration take place?

We plan to migrate the domains from Enom/Tucows to Namecheap from September 25, 2018 to December 31, 2018. The migration will be done in batches. We will inform the owners of domains via email and update this status post with the respective schedules. Due to the constraints with the Registries, the exact dates for the bulk move for the TLDs mentioned below are not defined completely. So far, we define the following time-frames:

Batch 1 – late September, 2018: info, mobi, org

Batch 2 – mid October, 2018: com, net, pw, host, site, space, tech, website, press, online

This is an automatic transition and you won’t need to do anything.

•••
Still kind of bizarre to me, though I guess if I haven't received any email then I shouldn't have to worry about it.

That said, I did get an email from (whomever) stating that my domain at a reseller but being managed by eNom shall be (along with associated services, in my case email) migrated to Hover by end of September. Fine with me (though to be honest I know nothing about Hover except I know they've been around for quite some time).

eNom has basically become a thorn in my side, so I'm looking forward to the switch.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back