NameSilo

Namecheap Domain Registration Error?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is anybody having trouble registering domains at NameCheap?

I had a bit of trouble last week when I tried to register a domain. Through the 'Finalising' process at the end, I got an Error. It told me the domain was not registered and no money had been taken from my card, but I got in a tissy because the domain started showing up as 'Taken' when I checked after. Two days later and an email to NameCheap got this little matter fixed.

I'm just after trying to renew one of my names, and I got the same error. I'm not sure whats up exactly, but it doesn't help people especially when their domains are expiring sometime soon... D-:

Anybody else came across this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had the same problem last month. Days later Namecheap said it was "Taken" but it didn't show in my control panel. Godaddy and every other registrar said the domain was available. After I contacted Namecheap support they added it to my control panel. Days later I am still unable to change nameservers, etc and all the other registrars still say it's available. I finally ended up e-mailing support (Richard) and asked to have it removed from my CP. Long story but yes...you aren't alone.

•••
I check with NameCheap, it returns me football.de is available, :hehe:

•••
What has football.de showing up as available got to do with this topic?

•••
•••
All this and now they are sending me out emails 'reminding' me my domain is expiring, and that I should renew it soon... >:(

•••
Originally posted by Ivanshih
I check with NameCheap, it returns me football.de is available, :hehe:

I did not think they support .de :]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back