NameSilo

NameCheap discounts Up to 45% on TRansfer

Located in Domain Coupons and Offers started by luantt, May 20, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. luantt

luantt Top Member VIP

For three days only, starting May 21 (12 AM ET), you can save up to 45% on .com, .net, .org, and .io domain transfers.
    They will provide coupon code for the offer when the deal is activated.
    Here is the news:
    https://www.namecheap.com/promos/domain-transfer-sale/
    Offer ends 11:59 PM ET on May 23
    ____
    Update: Offer ACTIVE NOW
    • .COM $5.48 – coupon MAY2019COM
    • .NET $6.48 – coupon MAY2019NET
    • .ORG $6.48 – coupon MAY2019ORG
    • .IO $23.18 – coupon MAY2019IO

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator Gold Account VIP

• Coupons will be valid from 12:00 AM ET on May 21 to 11:59 PM ET on May 23, and each coupon can be used only once.

• Process all TLDs of the same kind in one transaction (e.g. one transaction for up to 50 .com transfers, one for up to 50 .net, etc).

• All coupon offers are limited to one per business/household (client can get 50 .com transfers, 50 .net transfers, 50 .org transfers, 50 .io transfers, one Stellar package).
    "You can't process all the offers in the same transaction. Only one coupon code may be used per transaction. You will need to process all TLDs of the same kind together..."

Just some info from their web site to keep in mind.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  3. asdomar

asdomar Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I tried to submit a few domains in bulk but the cart does not apply any discount code (at least not 41%).

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

The date and time of promotion is not here yet and you need a coupon code that will be available then. Note that all e.g. .com must be processed in one transaction.

5. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I am wondering why NameCheap is doing this. Since there are restrictions per household etc., it means that they did not obtain any discounts from the registries - so they will take loss with this promo. Which may be acceptable (to acquire new customers). But,"up to 50 domains" condition means that they are "inviting" professional registrants, including domainers. And, the promo will be successful - because of this NP thread alone... also it would be likely shared on various hosting and webmaster forums.

Now, namecheap website shows "Renewal Price $12.98" - so, majority of such professional/bulk registrants are well aware right now that they will transfer these 50 domains away next year, as they will unlikely renew @ retail rates...

Each and every registrar, including namecheap, may offer better pricing to bulk registrants, no doubts. But, so far I was unable to find any such public offer on their website...

Do they have domainer-friendly "regular" pricing?

6. karmaco

karmaco Top Member VIP

Up to 45%. Pretty vague. Would be nice to know the actual price of a com transfer before getting in transfer mode.

7. tonyk2000

As a side note, respected NP member @Mr. Deleted shared negative experience with NameCheap. Quote from "best registrar poll" thread (page 7):

8. thekiller

thekiller Top Member VIP

Coupons will be valid from 12:00 AM ET on May 21 to 11:59 PM ET on May 23, and each coupon can be used only once.

Here is the bummer:

The discount will not be applied on domains that were previously transferred out of Namecheap.

9. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

I'm sorry for not wanting to do the math but does that mean that .com transfers are literally almost $5?

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

@tonyk2000 asks a good question why NC are doing this now. They clearly lose huge amounts (from their wholesale costs) on their CyberMonday and BlackFriday promotions that they keep doing (going from memory I think I worked out it was hundreds of thousands of dollars). I think they must feel that enough people use other services and/or renew that it makes business sense. It also ties in to their stated goal to move more into high quality extensions. Anyway, good for domainers (although note this does not apply to moving back domains that were previously at NC). I only have a handful of .com that the deal works for but I will probably move them to NC.
    Bob

11. tonyk2000

Yes, must be this. For example, they also offer ssl certs and the prices are reasonable. Those who do not like or want to use letsencrypt free instant ssl - may purchase $7.88/year "positive ssl" @ namecheap. (Many webhosts charge $20-$30 - the same certificate).

12. varyemez

varyemez Markapol Domains VIP

.com transfer price will be $5,32, .net and .org transfer price will be $6,5 after promo code. Regular price is $9,69 for .com $11,88 for .net and .org

13. F21

F21 Established Member

Note that domains previously transferred out of Namecheap will not be eligible for the promo price:

14. luantt

luantt Top Member VIP

Transfer now guys!

15. tonyk2000

I might transfer-in 50 domains... but too lazy. Spending time now to transfer in, and spending the same time after 1 year to transfer out? What for, to "gain" ~$150 (from a pocket of NameCheap btw)? Without any plans to renew @ $12+ anyway... Fortunately, I'm well set with all registration/renewal needs now. Because of this promo (if they gain me as a customer - I'll be a serious customer) I carefully and sincerely checked what NameCheap offers and the only thing I found potentially useful for my domaining needs were cheap ssl certs in cases where free letsencrypt is not enough. Which thing can be purchased separately.

The last but not the least, similar promotions run by other registrars had different outcomes. Such as forced autorenewal for example, happening a few months before the expiration date(s). So it definitely makes sense to carefully read all T&C, check account settings etc.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  16. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

Is it really 50 domains in ONE cart?

or can we use the coupon multiple times...

17. Branded Domains

Branded Domains Be You VIP

Transfered 50.coms
    Need to go in one go..ie 50.com at a time..
    Don't forget $0.18 *50 =$9

$5.48*50 = $274
    So final cart is $283

18. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator Gold Account VIP

Looks like they put up codes for .com, .org, .net and .io :

MAY2019COM - $5.48
    MAY2019ORG - $6.48
    MAY2019NET - $6.48
    MAY2019IO - $23.48​

Only one batch for each TLD. (Unless you have more than one account... :xf.wink: :-P :cautious: )

19. karmaco

karmaco Top Member VIP

The actual price is $5.66 a piece as they like to separate that 18 cents.

20. varyemez

I transfered

43 .com
    12 .org
    7 .net

domains now.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  21. Yaffa

Yaffa Established Member

Many of my domains were at Namecheap, then were transferred to LCN.com (which has consistently good transfer prices for everyone) and so are ineligible for the special deal. However, on a support chat, Namecheap offered to apply to my account a coupon for transfers that also works on domains which are not eligible for the sale (subject to some conditions). This deal is not as good as the three day transfer deal but is better than the regular bulk registration/renewal coupon that is automatically applied to my NC account. I asked if I could post the details here but they said no - People should contact Namecheap support to ask for activation in their account of the deal for bulk transfer...

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  22. onni

onni Domainer VIP

Wow, that's a great deal. I haven't seen any transfer offers for a long time. I just transferred about 25 domains.

23. myfavorite

myfavorite Member VIP

Thanks for the info

24. varyemez

Namecheap is down.

25. myfavorite

myfavorite Member VIP

Working perfectly here

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice