IT.COM

NameCheap discounts Up to 45% on TRansfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
For three days only, starting May 21 (12 AM ET), you can save up to 45% on .com, .net, .org, and .io domain transfers.
They will provide coupon code for the offer when the deal is activated.
Here is the news:
https://www.namecheap.com/promos/domain-transfer-sale/
Offer ends 11:59 PM ET on May 23
____
Update: Offer ACTIVE NOW
  • .COM $5.48 – coupon MAY2019COM
  • .NET $6.48 – coupon MAY2019NET
  • .ORG $6.48 – coupon MAY2019ORG
  • .IO $23.18 – coupon MAY2019IO

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • Coupons will be valid from 12:00 AM ET on May 21 to 11:59 PM ET on May 23, and each coupon can be used only once.

• Process all TLDs of the same kind in one transaction (e.g. one transaction for up to 50 .com transfers, one for up to 50 .net, etc).

• All coupon offers are limited to one per business/household (client can get 50 .com transfers, 50 .net transfers, 50 .org transfers, 50 .io transfers, one Stellar package).
"You can't process all the offers in the same transaction. Only one coupon code may be used per transaction. You will need to process all TLDs of the same kind together..."

Just some info from their web site to keep in mind.

Last edited:
•••
I tried to submit a few domains in bulk but the cart does not apply any discount code (at least not 41%).

•••
I tried to submit a few domains in bulk but the cart does not apply any discount code (at least not 41%).
The date and time of promotion is not here yet and you need a coupon code that will be available then. Note that all e.g. .com must be processed in one transaction.

•••
I am wondering why NameCheap is doing this. Since there are restrictions per household etc., it means that they did not obtain any discounts from the registries - so they will take loss with this promo. Which may be acceptable (to acquire new customers). But,"up to 50 domains" condition means that they are "inviting" professional registrants, including domainers. And, the promo will be successful - because of this NP thread alone... also it would be likely shared on various hosting and webmaster forums.

Now, namecheap website shows "Renewal Price $12.98" - so, majority of such professional/bulk registrants are well aware right now that they will transfer these 50 domains away next year, as they will unlikely renew @ retail rates...

Each and every registrar, including namecheap, may offer better pricing to bulk registrants, no doubts. But, so far I was unable to find any such public offer on their website...

Do they have domainer-friendly "regular" pricing?

Last edited:
•••
Up to 45%. Pretty vague. Would be nice to know the actual price of a com transfer before getting in transfer mode.

•••
As a side note, respected NP member @Mr. Deleted shared negative experience with NameCheap. Quote from "best registrar poll" thread (page 7):

NameCheap is a fraud. I would never put my names in there after they stole and dropped MY.PE from me. Only thing they are good for is their Free DNS service

•••
Coupons will be valid from 12:00 AM ET on May 21 to 11:59 PM ET on May 23, and each coupon can be used only once.

Here is the bummer:

The discount will not be applied on domains that were previously transferred out of Namecheap.

Last edited:
•••
I'm sorry for not wanting to do the math but does that mean that .com transfers are literally almost $5?

•••
@tonyk2000 asks a good question why NC are doing this now. They clearly lose huge amounts (from their wholesale costs) on their CyberMonday and BlackFriday promotions that they keep doing (going from memory I think I worked out it was hundreds of thousands of dollars). I think they must feel that enough people use other services and/or renew that it makes business sense. It also ties in to their stated goal to move more into high quality extensions. Anyway, good for domainers (although note this does not apply to moving back domains that were previously at NC). I only have a handful of .com that the deal works for but I will probably move them to NC.
Bob

•••
I think they must feel that enough people use other services
Yes, must be this. For example, they also offer ssl certs and the prices are reasonable. Those who do not like or want to use letsencrypt free instant ssl - may purchase $7.88/year "positive ssl" @ namecheap. (Many webhosts charge $20-$30 - the same certificate).

Last edited:
•••
.com transfer price will be $5,32, .net and .org transfer price will be $6,5 after promo code. Regular price is $9,69 for .com $11,88 for .net and .org

Last edited:
•••
Note that domains previously transferred out of Namecheap will not be eligible for the promo price:

Any domain that was previously transferred out of Namecheap is exempt from the offer. We also strongly recommend you don't transfer within the first 45 days of renewing your domain with another provider (as your renewal year might not transfer). You are also unable to transfer domains within the first 60 days of their initial registration due to restrictions.

•••
•••
I might transfer-in 50 domains... but too lazy. Spending time now to transfer in, and spending the same time after 1 year to transfer out? What for, to "gain" ~$150 (from a pocket of NameCheap btw)? Without any plans to renew @ $12+ anyway... Fortunately, I'm well set with all registration/renewal needs now. Because of this promo (if they gain me as a customer - I'll be a serious customer) I carefully and sincerely checked what NameCheap offers and the only thing I found potentially useful for my domaining needs were cheap ssl certs in cases where free letsencrypt is not enough. Which thing can be purchased separately.

The last but not the least, similar promotions run by other registrars had different outcomes. Such as forced autorenewal for example, happening a few months before the expiration date(s). So it definitely makes sense to carefully read all T&C, check account settings etc.

Last edited:
•••
Is it really 50 domains in ONE cart?

or can we use the coupon multiple times...

•••
Transfered 50.coms
Need to go in one go..ie 50.com at a time..
Don't forget $0.18 *50 =$9

$5.48*50 = $274
So final cart is $283

•••
Looks like they put up codes for .com, .org, .net and .io :

MAY2019COM - $5.48
MAY2019ORG - $6.48
MAY2019NET - $6.48
MAY2019IO - $23.48​

Only one batch for each TLD. (Unless you have more than one account... :xf.wink: :-P :cautious: )

•••
The actual price is $5.66 a piece as they like to separate that 18 cents.

•••
I transfered

43 .com
12 .org
7 .net

domains now.

Last edited:
•••
Many of my domains were at Namecheap, then were transferred to LCN.com (which has consistently good transfer prices for everyone) and so are ineligible for the special deal. However, on a support chat, Namecheap offered to apply to my account a coupon for transfers that also works on domains which are not eligible for the sale (subject to some conditions). This deal is not as good as the three day transfer deal but is better than the regular bulk registration/renewal coupon that is automatically applied to my NC account. I asked if I could post the details here but they said no - People should contact Namecheap support to ask for activation in their account of the deal for bulk transfer...

Last edited:
•••
Wow, that's a great deal. I haven't seen any transfer offers for a long time. I just transferred about 25 domains.

•••
For three days only, starting May 21 (12 AM ET), you can save up to 45% on .com, .net, .org, and .io domain transfers.
Thanks for the info

•••
•••
•••
Back