IT.COM

Namecheap transfer week: up to 45% off

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

branding

Private InvestorTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
any one know exact discount per tld... upto is vague

•••
any one know exact discount per tld... upto is vague

last year it was:
  • .com – $9.69 $6.58 – Save 32%
  • .org – $11.48 $6.58 – Save 43%
  • .net – $11.88 $6.58 – Save 45%
  • .co – $22.99 $15.88 – Save 31%

•••
•••
From Namecheap support:

Regaring the limits, the discount can be applied to 200 domains maximum
17:06Sergey Zipir:Regarding the discount itself, I have no details to share at the moment.
17:06Sergey Zipir:Please stay tuned and we will notify you about that

Last edited:
•••
If the price is $6.58.. I am wondering if I should wait for it or transfer my domains to Epik at $6.99 right now.

•••
any way to get that price for multiple years?

•••
If the price is $6.58.. I am wondering if I should wait for it or transfer my domains to Epik at $6.99 right now.

I'd go with Epik at 6.99 for that small of a difference...

It's a great deal for .org and .net though. I'll probably move a large part of my .net portfolio.

•••
I'd go with Epik at 6.99 for that small of a difference...

It's a great deal for .org and .net though. I'll probably move a large part of my .net portfolio.

Agreed, also I think NameCheap is still not a partner of AfterNic and Sedo..

•••
Nice deal for the new month

•••
id definitely pick epik over namecheap.. even if im 90% consoldiated with dynadot personally. they got nice .io prices and im a fan..i tell u guys consolidastion is beautiful thing! I was with like 15 registrars at once for past few years! try remmebering expired names rules on all... different rules, different interfaces, supports... NOT fun!

all in all transfer deals, putting aside this one and @Rob Monster doing his best and going out of his way to offer deals on Epik... tranasfer deals have become extremely rare... i've been domaining since 2015... and it used to be much more there!!! not sure if this means registrars got greedier or their profits keep falling a bit each year... (do not confuse with not making profit, cause i don't think that' the case.... or is it? hmm).... so yeah.. wish we had more transfer deals!!! even places like dotster used to have 1-2$ transfer/reg deals for .com few yrs back...

this deal here from is nice.. but still it onmly saves 2-3$ per tld... bit more on .co.. but dyna is $21 .co transfer all day long.. so again, its not really like a half price saving...

maybe @Rob Monster can do something in the dynadot and namecheap range (26$ range for .io transfers/renewals/regs)?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Agreed, also I think NameCheap is still not a partner of AfterNic and Sedo..
Namecheap is now an Afternic but not a Sedo partner. They have been for quite a few months.

Note that we should not necessarily assume that the rates will be the same as last year, which are the ones given. Also their announcement says that there will be discounts on 10 TLDs this year. We will just have to wait to see.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
last year it was
  • .org – $11.48 $6.58 – Save 43%
just transfered two .orgs for $10😐 to Epik its still pending and i can cancel it but probably will not do that.
6.58 for org nice promo
i will transfer my .nets from porkbun to namecheap

Last edited:
•••
am i just having a bad dream here or these are truly the prices they dare call discounts?!?!
wow! so glad i only have 30 names left there... its hard to do business with such overpriced regular prices, and then some pseudo discounts which basically bring regular price down to avg levels of best of registrars! i feel like shopping at sears.. when they used to pump regular prices.. then show big 50% discount to get people!

Screenshot (8).png

•••
am i just having a bad dream here or these are truly the prices they dare call discounts?!?!
wow! so glad i only have 30 names left there... its hard to do business with such overpriced regular prices, and then some pseudo discounts which basically bring regular price down to avg levels of best of registrars! i feel like shopping at sears.. when they used to pump regular prices.. then show big 50% discount to get people!

Show attachment 144271
I saw those last week and at first thought the same but I don't think they are the sale ones. We will see the 10 sale ones when it starts Feb 11 I think. Or if those are the sale I agree not impressive!
Bob

Last edited:
•••
I saw those last week and at first thought the same but I don't think they are the sale ones. We will see the 10 sale ones when it starts Feb 11 I think. Or if those are the sale I agree not impressive!
Bob

possible

but the emzil link takes you to a page where it clearly lists only 4 tlds on promo.
and then the table i showed, shows those 4 also on sale.. well technically not the .co... but maybe they forgot the sale banner there.it still does show a discount. kinda adds up for me... but.. i hope im wrong.. else this would be one real bad trnsfr promo :)

Up to 45% off
Domains Transfers
.com, .net, .org, and .co

•••

prices are not yet revealed

•••
I followed the same links you did about a week ago and agree it is confusing. But in past NameCheap never announce specifics of promotions until the start. Note also the title in their transfer promotion says this:
Ten top TLDs on offer, plus hosting
I think tomorrow we will see new transfer pricing on 10 TLDs. These sale prices on the three are just their monthly "sale" prices I think.
Bob

•••
i think dot.com transfer will be around 6.99 or 5.99

•••
I followed the same links you did about a week ago and agree it is confusing. But in past NameCheap never announce specifics of promotions until the start. Note also the title in their transfer promotion says this:
Ten top TLDs on offer, plus hosting
I think tomorrow we will see new transfer pricing on 10 TLDs. These sale prices on the three are just their monthly "sale" prices I think.
Bob

i see 4

Screenshot (9).png

•••
Like others already covered, I don't think those are the promo prices that will come into affect tomorrow.

I really think they will make pricing for com net org the same like they did past year. Then again, their blackfriday promo sucked hard last year.

Got 200 .nets ready to go just in case :)

•••
•••

Show attachment 144271
the sale is not started yet. keep calm buddy

•••
If the transfer is over $6.99 its really no deal at all. I really dislike how they play coy about the prices until the last second. Try transparency in your marketing NameCheap instead of games. Email with no actual facts/prices. Not everyone has nothing better to do than keep checking the site for the actual details.

I only have 10 names there and soon it will be none. They haven’t been competitive for years aside from the limited amount $5.99 transfers they did one single day in May the past 2 years. The rest of the year and as far as registrations they suck compared to some competitors.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back