IT.COM

Namecheap coupons and discounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello!

The other namecheap coupon codes expired (bestvalue, evenlower and save7933), so I had to search for new ones. It wasn't easy, but here they are. Tested and working:

Yaffaspecial - $0.90 off registration and renewal

MORE4LESS - $0.89 off .com registration

Hope you like it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I update some more working Namecheap coupons latest for June 2018

DOMTHAW | SUNSHINE - 10% off on registering or transferring domains, apply for .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIZ only
SUMMR15 - $15 Off 1yr Stellar Business Hosting Package
BLO$$OM - 25% off all Dedicated hosting plans for the 1st month.
LEMONADE - 40% off Reseller Hosting packages
JUNGIFT - 15% off Stellar and StellarPlus 1yr Hosting Packages

Cheers,

•••
I will buy a hosting plan at namecheap the day their user dashboard loads within a minute. Right now it takes about 3 minutes minimum.

•••
Namecheap is going to offer a big deal for domain transfer. For three days only, starting June 26 (12 AM EST), you can save 50% on transferring your .com, .org and .net to Namecheap, and 24% on your .io

Detail here: https://www.namecheap.com/promos/domain-transfer-sale/

•••
•••
Just plugged in a domain in each of these extensions to see the transfer prices in the cart:

**EDIT - This price chart was my best guess based on current prices - see chat below, prices on transfer day *may* be slightly different, and com net org will have 18 cent icann added**
Regular prices - percent - discount price
IO - $32.88 - 24% off = $24.99
COM - $9.69 - 50% off = $4.85
NET - $11.88 - 50% off = $5.94
ORG - $11.48 - 50% off = $5.74

Not sure it will work the same way as MYDD where they had the ONE TIME cart, will get on chat later and ask, or if anyone else wants to and report back that would be super

UP TO 50 domains per extension, domains previously at NCheap excluded

https://www.namecheap.com/promos/domain-transfer-sale/
Frequently Asked Questions

1. Is my domain eligible transfer?
    First, get more information about the transfer process. You can transfer any eligible domains you wish, but you get an especially great deal during this sale if you transfer .com, net, .org or .io.
    Any domain that was previously transferred out from Namecheap is exempt from the offer. We also strongly recommend not to transfer within the first 45 days of renewing your domain with another provider after expiration (as your renewal year might not transfer).
  2. How do I transfer my domain?
    Follow our three easy steps to do this. Keep in mind that a domain transfer does not imply automatic DNS change, so the nameservers for your domain will remain the same after the transfer and will not be automatically switched to Namecheap DNS.
    If your domain uses you current registrar's DNS, you might need to switch the nameservers manually and tweak DNS records. To learn how to minimize the downtime, look at our Knowledgebase article.
  3. How many domains can I transfer?
    You can transfer up to 50 .io, 50 .com, 50 .org and 50 .net domains per business/household. You will need to process each TLD as a separate transaction.
  4. How many Stellar Hosting packages can I claim?
    You can claim one Stellar Hosting package per business/household using the coupon code.
  5. Can I transfer a .com, a .io, a .org and a .net?
    Yes, but you will need to process them as separate transactions.
  6. Can I migrate my current cPanel site to Namecheap?
    If you currently use cPanel with another hosting provider, there's a good chance we can migrate your entire website over. Simply get in touch with our concierge team who can check if this is possible. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee website migration, so they will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by our team of experts.

Last edited:
•••
Just plugged in a domain in each of these extensions to see the transfer prices in the cart:

Not sure it will work the same way as MYDD where they had the ONE TIME cart, will get on chat later and ask, or if anyone else wants to and report back that would be super

UP TO 50 domains per extension, domains previously at NCheap excluded

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Is my domain eligible transfer?
    First, get more information about the transfer process. You can transfer any eligible domains you wish, but you get an especially great deal during this sale if you transfer .com, net, .org or .io.
    Any domain that was previously transferred out from Namecheap is exempt from the offer. We also strongly recommend not to transfer within the first 45 days of renewing your domain with another provider after expiration (as your renewal year might not transfer).
  2. How do I transfer my domain?
    Follow our three easy steps to do this. Keep in mind that a domain transfer does not imply automatic DNS change, so the nameservers for your domain will remain the same after the transfer and will not be automatically switched to Namecheap DNS.
    If your domain uses you current registrar's DNS, you might need to switch the nameservers manually and tweak DNS records. To learn how to minimize the downtime, look at our Knowledgebase article.
  3. How many domains can I transfer?
    You can transfer up to 50 .io, 50 .com, 50 .org and 50 .net domains per business/household. You will need to process each TLD as a separate transaction.
  4. How many Stellar Hosting packages can I claim?
    You can claim one Stellar Hosting package per business/household using the coupon code.
  5. Can I transfer a .com, a .io, a .org and a .net?
    Yes, but you will need to process them as separate transactions.
  6. Can I migrate my current cPanel site to Namecheap?
    If you currently use cPanel with another hosting provider, there's a good chance we can migrate your entire website over. Simply get in touch with our concierge team who can check if this is possible. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee website migration, so they will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by our team of experts.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG WE CAN TRANSFER 50 .coms!!!!!! for only $4.85 (i guess taxes.... yeah)

•••
do I need to transfer them in one shot or I can transfer 1 or 2 or 10 or x domains per transaction and it just keeps track of how many left to reach 50?

thats a neat promo

I should be able to find a few .io not yet transfered to NC on their last promo
so save maybe.. dunno... 10x 8$ there..

should have a few .net around too.. so maybe 15 x $3 savings each.

org about same

and I definitely have 50 .com .. so thats around 50x 3.5$ savings there.

all in all.. around 80+170+50+50 savings for me!

not bad!

Last edited:
•••
MORE fine print after chat

short version:

ONE coupon per cart - ONE TIME USE so gather 50 dot coms and do them all as ONE order

Each extension will have a different coupon

Exact prices will be on the transfer page the day of the sale - icann will be added to com net org

You can send a ticket with your domains to check ahead of time that the domains were never at NCheap before

03:41 Your Question: Is the transfer sale going to be a one time use coupon like MYDD was? Or can you do different orders per extension up to the 50 limit? Like 25 dot com in one order and then another order with 25 dot com? https://www.namecheap.com/promos/domain-transfer-sale/
03:49 Alex Sigora: Thanks for waiting! Yes, you will need to use the corresponding coupons for exact TLDs.
03:49 Alex Sigora: The coupon limit for 1 TLD is 50 domains.
03:49 Alex Sigora: Please note that every order should contain only one exact TLD (for example, 1 order for .com, 1 for .net, etc)
03:52 unx: so if I use a coupon for 25 dot coms in one order, then can I use the dot com coupon again up to the total 50 limit?
03:52 unx: or do I have to make sure all my domains per extention are in a single order?
03:53 Alex Sigora: The second variant is correct - the coupon is limited for 1 order only.

03:54 unx: OK so I have to be sure to have all domains unlocked and correct Auth Codes before I start or can teh Auth Codes be added later?
03:56 Alex Sigora: You may submit the transfer without Auth codes and add them later in your Dashboard, as well as unlock your domains before entering codes.
03:57 unx: are these prices correct? Just plugged in a domain in each of these extensions to see the transfer prices in the cart:
(plus icann for com net org)
03:59 Alex Sigora: The exact pricing will be available right upon the promo start.
03:59 unx: and will the system let us know if the domain was already at NameCheap in the past? That is the part I can't keep track of
04:02 Alex Sigora: Most likely that our system won't check that in order to warn you about it.
04:02 Alex Sigora: But in case the domain was transferred out of Namecheap before - the transfer will go through anyway with a regular price, not discounted.
04:03 unx: Can people have you check ahead of time? People will not like getting charged full price without a warning ahead of time. Or would they then have the option to cancel and get a refund?
04:05 Alex Sigora: The transfer can be cancelled during the process before its completion (usually, it takes 5-6 days, as per ICANN Transfer Policy).
04:05 Alex Sigora: If you wish, you can provide me with the domains list and I will check if they were registered with us earlier.
04:06 unx: I will collect my list in a couple hours and send a ticket, thanks
04:06 Alex Sigora: Of course! We will be waiting for the ticket.
04:06 unx: is there a better department to send that attention of?
04:07 Alex Sigora: You may choose Domains - Transfers department.
04:07 unx: Awesome, thanks so much for your help! Have a super day : smile :

Last edited:
•••

short version:

ONE coupon per cart - ONE TIME USE so gather 50 dot coms and do them all as ONE order

Exact prices will be on the transfer page the day of the sale - icann will be added to com net org

You can send a ticket with your domains to check ahead of time that the domains were never at NCheap before

03:41 Your Question: Is the transfer sale going to be a one time use coupon like MYDD was? Or can you do different orders per extension up to the 50 limit? Like 25 dot com in one order and then another order with 25 dot com? https://www.namecheap.com/promos/domain-transfer-sale/
03:49 Alex Sigora: Thanks for waiting! Yes, you will need to use the corresponding coupons for exact TLDs.
03:49 Alex Sigora: Please note that every order should contain only one exact TLD (for example, 1 order for .com, 1 for .net, etc)
03:52 unx: so if I use a coupon for 25 dot coms in one order, then can I use the dot com coupon again up to the total 50 limit?
03:52 unx: or do I have to make sure all my domains per extention are in a single order?
03:53 Alex Sigora: The second variant is correct - the coupon is limited for 1 order only.

03:54 unx: OK so I have to be sure to have all domains unlocked and correct Auth Codes before I start or can teh Auth Codes be added later?
03:56 Alex Sigora: You may submit the transfer without Auth codes and add them later in your Dashboard, as well as unlock your domains before entering codes.
03:57 unx: are these prices correct? Just plugged in a domain in each of these extensions to see the transfer prices in the cart:
03:59 Alex Sigora: The exact pricing will be available right upon the promo start.
03:59 unx: and will the system let us know if the domain was already at NameCheap in the past? That is the part I can't keep track of
04:02 Alex Sigora: Most likely that our system won't check that in order to warn you about it.
04:02 Alex Sigora: But in case the domain was transferred out of Namecheap before - the transfer will go through anyway with a regular price, not discounted.
04:03 unx: Can people have you check ahead of time? People will not like getting charged full price without a warning ahead of time. Or would they then have the option to cancel and get a refund?
04:05 Alex Sigora: The transfer can be cancelled during the process before its completion (usually, it takes 5-6 days, as per ICANN Transfer Policy).
04:05 Alex Sigora: If you wish, you can provide me with the domains list and I will check if they were registered with us earlier.

couple questions:

by domains regged with thme before.. do they mean by you? or by anyone ever?

waht do you mean exact prices on tranasfer day? I thought 24.95$ was pretty exact non? :)

it kinda sucks it'll go thorugh at regular price.. but I guess you can cancel later.. you just lose some positions in your trnasfers slots I guess. :)

are there any overall limits or first come first served?

Last edited:
•••

short version:

That's stupid.

We could'nt even do 50 per cart at dotster...

I'm not saying there will be bugs. But there will be bugs.

OH WELL :) 20 is fine for me lol

•••
couple questions:

by domains regged with thme before.. do they mean by you? or by anyone ever?

waht do you mean exact prices on tranasfer day? I thought 24.95$ was pretty exact non? :)

it kinda sucks it'll go thorugh at regular price.. but I guess you can cancel later.. you just lose some positions in your trnasfers slots I guess. :)

Edited the price post above - that was me trolling the cart to guesstimate, the chat answer befuddled me, we will have to wait and see

It would be great if anyone has support check their list and can maybe throw a couple domains in on purpose if you remember them being at nCheap to see if they get flagged, not sure how they would know who the owner was so that would likely mean by anyone ever?

Someone else ask chat LOL unx was already on 25 minutes

•••
Edited the price post above - that was me trolling the cart to guesstimate, the chat answer befuddled me, we will have to wait and see

It would be great if anyone has support check their list and can maybe throw a couple domains in on purpose if you remember them being at nCheap to see if they get flagged, not sure how they would know who the owner was so that would likely mean by anyone ever?

Someone else ask chat LOL unx was already on 25 minutes

yeah.. .I'd like to get my questions looked at so I just emailed support

see what they say.

•••
Thanks for the info @usernamex ! Did you ever try sending a list for them to check? How did it go?
yeah.. .I'd like to get my questions looked at so I just emailed support see what they say.
Hi @alcy, did you get in touch with support? What did you learn?

•••
Only contacted them today, they answered in less than 2 hours : thumbs up :

Sent a list of 60 figuring there would be some not allowed, the 5 previous transfer are personal use domains, not domains in my portfolio, was pretty sure moved them for 2016 MYDD so no surprise there

The other 4 had not been regd or transferred at nCheap previously by *me* - will update when they decide

Thank you for contacting Namecheap Support.

As per our check, the following domains have been previously transferred out from our system and will not be eligible for the promo:
[5] **********.com

Also, the following domains had previously been registered with us and then expired. We will need to double-check if it will be possible to apply the promotional price to them:
[4] **********.com

We will let you know as soon as we receive any updates on these domains.

•••
Codes and prices have been updated - transfer sale is now LIVE!

Remember to put up to 50 domains per extension in cart at one time - each coupon can only be used ONCE

COMTRANSFER
.com TLD .com Domain Transfer Free Privacy Protection for life $4.88/1st year
IOTRANSFER .io TLD .io Domain Transfer Free Privacy Protection for life $24.98/1st year
ORGTRANSFER .org TLD .org Domain Transfer Free Privacy Protection for life $5.74/1st year
NETTRANSFER .net TLD .net Domain Transfer Free Privacy Protection for life $5.94/1st year

Total prices
COM - $5.06 ($4.88 + 0.18 icann)
NET - $6.12 ($5.94 + 0.18 icann)
ORG - $5.92 ($5.74 + 0.18 icann)
IO - $24.98

•••
PS remember to REMOVE the free Private email in the cart, most likely no one here needs it, you can do it in bulk, its a PITA to have to ask support to do it later
  • With every domain transfer, you receive a free WhoisGuard subscription and two months of free Private Email.
This offer is only 2 months of free email, so it looks like they are counting on people NOT noticing and then will hit them with Private email auto renew in 60 days for $10/year

Another useful tip that I hope might help others:

NC includes 1 year of private email for each domain you transfer. If you do not need it, make sure you remove it from your cart before you check out.

I didn't remove the private email and they are now attached to my domains. In normal circumstances, this would not be a big deal, but they are set to auto-renew by default. However, to disable the auto-renew, you need to first activate private email for each domain by setting up the correct DNS records, wait for NC to see them, disable auto-renew, then remove the records. This extra bit of work would not have been required if I did not include private email with my orders.

@alcy @usernamex I spoke to support using the live chat option on the day I transferred to see if they could disable auto-renewal for the private email. Unfortunately, they were not able to do it and suggested that the only solution was to activate the private email by changing the DNS records.

Interestingly, I checked my domains today and the domains where I didn't activate private email had auto-renew unticked, but I am not sure if this is a glitch in the interface.

For my domains where private email had auto-renew set to enabled, I did the following:
- For domains where I did not have any DNS servers activated, I enabled the namecheap DNS servers and used the option in the "Advanced DNS" tab to automatically set the private email records. It may take up to 6 hours for NC to see the records, but once private email is activated, I was able to disable auto-renewal and remove the NC DNS servers.

- For domains that I am using and have my own DNS servers set, I set up the records at my DNS provider. For the MX records, I made sure I have the private email MX servers set with very low priorities, so that it does not interfere with receiving emails using my current email provider. Once NC saw the records and enabled private email for the domain, I disabled auto-renewal and deleted the records.

•••
•••
Every coupon can be used once ONLY.

Gr8 offer. Used mine.

Thanks Namecheap.

•••
hmmmm ..... so this whole thing about not being able to transfer domains which previously were with namecheap.. does this apply only to names you owned and with your contact info.. or to any names ever under any name that once resided on nc?

ty

•••
Transferred 3 .nets so far.

They don't include free email as a default.

No problems! Nothing to really disable or remove :) except for whois privacy... which is obsolete.

This was a really good Namecheap promo!

•••
:xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry:OK NVM! I had a hiccup...

MAKE SURE ALL YOUR DOMAINS ARE UNLOCKED BEFORE TRANSFERRING OR NAMECHEAP WILL SIMPLY REFUND YOUR TRANSFER RATHER THAN ASK YOU TO UNLOCK.

If they refund... then your coupon is gone.

upload_2018-6-26_7-0-27.png

•••
any of you feel the promo may run out before the 3 days are up... or its anyone guess in your view?

•••
I was also wondering if somoene can confirm:

if I add domains that is not eligible to transfer due to it being already on nc before (not due to locked domain)... then I will see this domain at full price in cart.. before I pay.. so I will be able to remove it.. and replace if I want..

is this true?

ty

•••
:xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry:OK NVM! I had a hiccup...

MAKE SURE ALL YOUR DOMAINS ARE UNLOCKED BEFORE TRANSFERRING OR NAMECHEAP WILL SIMPLY REFUND YOUR TRANSFER RATHER THAN ASK YOU TO UNLOCK.

If they refund... then your coupon is gone.

Show attachment 91926

I unlocked them after the payment and have no problem, just go to control panel and put auth code of each domain, after some minutes I received the confirmation by email.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back