IT.COM

NameCatch.com Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch
NameCatch.com A free drop search tool.

1. Free expiring dictionary domain lists in 9 languages. We scan all expiring domains in all major dropcatchers for dictionary domains and make the scan results accessible for free. At any given time there over 1 million current auctions in our database.

2. Bulk search all major dropcatchers at once, in real time for up to 10.000 exact matches or 100 keywords. There are 3 search 100 buttons: "starts with", "ends with" and "contains". You can enter up to 100 terms for each. These search 100 buttons are designed to make it easy finding quality two word domains.

3. Save your bulk search lists inside your account and perform a search with a single button each time you visit the site. If you are tired of making multiple searches on multiple dropcatchers all the time, now it should be easier.

4. Get email notifications when any of your 10.000 exact match domains go to auction at namejet, snapnames or godaddy. You can enter your 10.000 terms. We will scan them daily and send you an email notification. Other monitoring services can't provide this service as they monitor whois changes. But partner registrar domains never enter pending delete status and most of the time they are renewed one more year while they are auctioned.

5. There are 14 different word patterns, CVCV, VCVC etc. available.

6. Free domain monitor. Works better than any other monitoring service because we don't scan whois changes. Instead we scan nearly all expired domain auctions and send you a link to the correct auction site. Whois changes can not tell you pre-release expired domains (63% of all expired domains are pre-release) because pre-release domains are auto renewed by the registry.

There were many technical difficulties involved in this project. Performing 10.000 exact match or 100 keyword searches in real time at such speeds wasn't possible with normal MySQL databases. Therefore a more sophisticated system was implemented. I've spend a lot of time designing the site. I hope you will enjoy it.

Erdinc

Edit: "Search 50" is now "Search 100"
Edit: If you want to support Namecatch please feel free to add one of these to your signature:
NameCatch.com - Makes you a better domainer. It's free!
NameCatch.com - It's free!
NameCatch.com - Best Free Expired Domain Tool
NameCatch.com - Domain monitor. It's free!
NameCatch.com - Bulk Drop Search. It's free!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice site, Congrats.. Looks i am going to visit it daily...

•••
Very impressive...

Your hard work -- it shows. Thanks for making such a useful tool so nice to look at.

•••
I like the domain. Very catchy and easy to remember. Good luck with the site!

•••
i am not able to register....the page disappera automatically ??

•••
Not only the domain name is catchy but the site is professionally designed. I can see a big future player in the market now. Best of luck!

•••
nuco6,
I just checked it and the registration seems to work fine. If you are still having problems contact me over the website and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
Erdinc

Last edited:
•••
Nice work; site works very smoothly for me, love that results come automatically without needing to click an extra button, layout is very clear. The only thing needing work is your logo, but if that's my only criticism then you're doing things really well!
Nicely done, I'll visit often.

•••
iam using safari dude still i have the problem and please provide us to check pagerank of domains ...that will take his tool to heights

•••
Hello nuco6,

Thank you for bringing the Safari problem to my attention. This problem is now fixed. If it doesn't work press CTRL R to refresh.

We are looking into the Google PR feature and Alexa rank features.

•••
My suggestion

Give this tool completely free so let people become regular to your site and become more familiar to your tool ....by tthat way you will attract lot of traffic and your brand grows...you can do the subscribtion after 2 or 3 months .. will make a change

Thanks

•••
NameCatch.com is now free! I plan to keep the basic version free.

Nuco, thank you for your suggestions. You voices have been heard. We are working full time on other features. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to see.

Erdinc

Last edited:
•••
Nice site :tu: added to my favs

•••
nice . I used yesterday. Worked great.....:wave:

•••
Nice work! I found the site very user friendly and useful. Will probably be checking this site weekly.

•••
Per OP's request, this thread had been moved to the Domain Name Discussion forum :)

•••
Hi All,

We have added traffic data for Godaddy domains. Still working on other features.

If you create an account you can save your keywords inside your account panel for the search 50 buttons. Also you can save up to 10.000 terms for exact match search.

We use a similar system to Google to make searches as fast as possible. Searching 10.000 exact matches in over 1 million expiring domains takes only seconds.

Please notice that namecatch.com is a completely free website and the expiring dictionary domain lists in nine languages that you can access at namecatch are not available anywhere else for free. Sites like savespell don't scan auctions lists. They scan pending delete domains but these days many domains are partner registrar domains (we call them 'exclusive' at namecatch) which never enter pending delete status. The quality of expiring dictionary domains is much higher in languages other than English.

Archangel,
I had a feeling that few people noticed this thread where it was before. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
•••
Lovely, especially the language filter :)

may I suggest adding more extensions in the future..

Good Luck with this project..
Toni

•••
It would be nice for Godaddy domains to see only Expired Listings and not a mix of customers listed domains and expired domains together.

Other than that, very nice design, quick and accurate service.

•••
•••
good job. i will vist it later.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

you shall add the pinyin to Word Patterns like freshdrop.net .
I can show you the pinyin data ,please contact me.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

can you add sedo auction?

•••
Excellent website.

I suppose it's hard to not fall into the trap of having too much clutter on the page, but one thing I use quite a lot is the ability to exclude certain search terms (eg: 'XXX' or 'aaa') and so on. It'd be great to not only be able to include terms as you have done, but exclude them as well.

Keep up the good work! :tu:

Last edited:
•••
Just stumbled on namecatch.com and signed up. Very nice design.

•••
Greetings,

It has been over 2 months since I last posted here. Since then I added many new features to namecatch. Here is a list of new features:

1. Free expired domain monitor. Works better than any other monitoring service because we don't scan whois changes. Instead we scan nearly all expired domain auctions and send you a link to the correct auction site. Whois changes can not tell you pre-release expired domains (63% of all expired domains are pre-release) because pre-release domains are auto renewed by the registry.

Many domainers have for very long time checked registrars and looked for the correct auction house to backorder the domain. For instance everybody knows that for moniker domains you need to go to snapnames, for network solutions domains you need to go to namejet and for dynadot domains you need to go to dynadot. But now with the free Namecatch domain monitor you will get a link to the correct auction house. If the domain is pending delete you will get two links (snapnames and namejet) because it makes more sense to backorder pending deletes in multiple places.

Try out this feature with any domain already listed on namecatch.

2. These columns are added:
> alexa rank of the expired domain
> number of backlinking domains to the expired domain
> number of backlinks to the expired domain
> number of indexed pages of the expired domain

3. .ca domain lists. I don't think there is any other website that will show you dictionary domain for expired .ca domains. Check out this feature. There are many good quality expired English dictionary domains in the .ca ccTLD.

I would like to thank to sibername.com for changing their website just to make it possible for us to link to individual domain detail pages for each .ca domain. Sibername.com is one of the websites, besides pool.com, where you can backorder .ca domains. Unfortunately pool.com does not have domain detail pages for each expired domain. Therefore it is not possible to link to them. Sibername.com didn't have individual pages for each expired .ca domain either but they kindly changed their website to make this work.

4. Expired dynadot domains are added to namecatch. Now we have feeds from folllowing sources:
Godaddy,
Snapnames,
Namejet,
Dynadot,
Cira.ca (registry for .ca)

So currently domain monitor, language sorting and bulk search works with all these feeds.

5. Snapnames.com has provided us a special feed for their expired partner registrar domains (pre-release domains). The expiring domain lists you can download at snapnames are for backorders closing within 5 days only but their website lists partner registrar (= expiring = pre-release) domains 30 days earlier. Snapnames.com has kindly provided a special feed so we can list snapnames partner registrar domains 30 days before last backorder date, just like snapnames itself. Thanks to Craig at snapnames for that feature.

Snapnames uses a different terminology. They call these domains "expiring". Basically "partner registrar" or "pre-release" or "expiring" are all the same. These are domains that are auctioned exclusively only on that website and not anywhere else. These will be listed 30 days before last backorder date. On the other hand "pending delete" or "deleting" means the same and these will be listed 5 days before last backorder date and you need to backorder them on multiple websites to increase your chances.

Namecatch will link to both sites (namejet and snapnames) for pending delete and only to one site (either namejet, snapnames, godaddy, dynadot) for pre-release domains.

Please notice that everything on namecatch.com is free. If you have any comments or feature requests feel free to post them here.

Cheers
Erdinc

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

It would be nice for Godaddy domains to see only Expired Listings and not a mix of customers listed domains and expired domains together.
Other than that, very nice design, quick and accurate service.

Yofie,
This has now been fixed. Godaddy mixes private sales to expired domains but we have find a way to exclude private sales and only leave expired godaddy domains.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

You need to register to save your bulk search list and perform bulk search. One you are logged in to your namecatch.com account you will see additional pages where you can save 4 different types of bulk search lists:

1. search 50 starts with
2. search 50 ends with
3. search 50 contains with
4. search 10000 exact match

Simply save your keywords inside your account and perform a search on the home page using the corresponding button. You will not only search in bulk, but you will search in bulk across multiple sites that auction expired domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back