Dynadot

Namebright Stole my Domain (WHAT IS GOING ON?)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
Namebright just closed (?) my account and I had a domain with them.
I think I know why it happened
It all started around a month ago, I purchased the domain LSK.net here for $250, and then sold it to a member here.
The member who I sold the domain to messaged me yesterday saying that Namebright emailed him that he's not the rightful owner of LSK.net and it was a fraudulent transaction. so I immediately emailed them asking for info on why it is happening, I still didn't receive an answer.
I logged in to my Namebright account a few hours ago and it worked, but now it doesn't letting me login to my account. the only domain I have there is Adnave.com which I purchased on Dropcatch and it was listed on Squadhelp, 20 minutes ago I received an email from Squadhelp saying the domain doesn't point to their Nameservers, so of course I tried to login to my namebright account but it didn't let me. it lets me login to dropcatch but not to namebright.

I didn't receive any email from Namebright.
I don't know what to do. What the hell is going on and why didn't they message me? how can I receive my money back? what am I supposed to do now?

thanks..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hello,

I don't think he is lying, when checking RDAP for LSK (.net)
We can see the domain is in client Hold, which is an unusual status, generally set when there is a dispute.
["client hold","client transfer prohibited"]

I would try to get a refund from the member you bought it from, and explain the situation to NB support.
(and refund the person you sold it to -- If there is any issue with the first refund, at that point, mods can be involved)

Gube

•••
Hello,

I don't think he is lying, when checking RDAP for LSK (.net)
We can see the domain is in client Hold, which is an unusual status, generally set when there is a dispute.
["client hold","client transfer prohibited"]

I would try to get a refund from the member you bought it from, and explain the situation to NB support.
(and refund the person you sold it to -- If there is any issue with the first refund, at that point, mods can be involved)

Gube

Thank you for the response.
What does that mean though? and why wasn't I informed about this from Namebright before closing my account, while I have an active domain there that has nothing to do with LSK.net...

I bought it through DAN and sold it through DAN, maybe they can handle the refunds? I mean, I refund them and the one who sold me the name refunds them, I receive the money I paid for it and the one who bought it from me receives the money he paid for it
but first I think I need to know whats going on, does Namebright have a representative here?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
ignore I had misread that a .net

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Could this be connected with the fact it is being auctioned on Godaddy, as was noticed by @Silentptnr in the NP auction thread? When a name changes ownership while being under contractual obligation of the auction...it might be even illegal, I don't know.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Could this be connected with the fact it is being auctioned on Godaddy, as was noticed by @Silentptnr in the NP auction thread? When a name changes ownership while being under contractual obligation of the auction...it might be even illegal, I don't know.
No.
I've submitted this name to namescon, and they asked me if I can do lower reserve, which I didn't want to so I started the auction on NP and didn't answer them. and then after I put the name for sale ( a week+ later ) I see that it's on auction. anyway there is no way it is linked.

•••
I wish you the best of luck with this problem and hopefully it resolves without any losses for you and The Durfer. However, I would advise you to revise the title of the thread and some contents where [...], these public statements do not look right and might be quite insulting. Let the investigation find out more and share their results before calling anyone a bad actor.

Edit: edited out as no longer necessary.

Last edited:
•••
@YairDD This circumstances surrounding this issue are currently under investigation. A team member will contact you directly to provide further information!

Last edited:
•••
namebright.com two-step verification system went wrong once again! ,some country user can't receive 7 Digit Code or call after set two-step verification. cause can't login account.

it's been more than 30 days I can not login my namebright account (they admitted)

namebright still can't solve this bug and problem,I can't receive 7 Digit Code or call after set two-step verification. I still can't login my namebright account!

https://www.namepros.com/threads/at...ut-all-your-domain-at-namebright-com.1231385/

namebright bad service and bad company!

It's not the first time namebright's two-step verification system has this bug and problem.

you can see another post about namebright's two-step verification system bug and problem.

see link below:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-is-wrong-with-you-namebright.1174318/

you will can't login account, can't renew domain, once your domain expired, your domain will be put pre-release auction on dropcatch.com. dropcatch.com and namebright.com is the same company.

•••
Namebright just closed (?) my account and I had a domain with them.
I think I know why it happened
It all started around a month ago, I purchased the domain LSK.net here for $250, and then sold it to a member here.
The member who I sold the domain to messaged me yesterday saying that Namebright emailed him that he's not the rightful owner of LSK.net and it was a fraudulent transaction. so I immediately emailed them asking for info on why it is happening, I still didn't receive an answer.
I logged in to my Namebright account a few hours ago and it worked, but now it doesn't letting me login to my account. the only domain I have there is Adnave.com which I purchased on Dropcatch and it was listed on Squadhelp, 20 minutes ago I received an email from Squadhelp saying the domain doesn't point to their Nameservers, so of course I tried to login to my namebright account but it didn't let me. it lets me login to dropcatch but not to namebright.

I didn't receive any email from Namebright.
I don't know what to do. What the hell is going on and why didn't they message me? how can I receive my money back? what am I supposed to do now?

thanks..

did u buy it here from good member? I'm no 3l.net expert but seen few in my life...shouldn't that be more than 250$?

ps drop namebright. u got so many better options. I mean how often do u hear namebright mentioned on np.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back