IT.COM

Namebright/Hugedomains/Dropcatch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

throwaway9999

Impact
Noob, but searched and this question is not addressed elsewhere. Hugedomains is selling a domain I want. I contacted them a few months ago and they would not budge from the arm and a leg they were asking. The domain is now over 30 days expired and "should" be in the RGP for Namebright. According to Namebright's TOS, the name servers should have been set to an expired nameserver for Namebright and the page redirected to advise Hugedomains to pay up or it will be deleted. Standard stuff. However, nothing has changed and it's still for sale by Hugedomains. I've checked all the major back order services and they all say the domain is available to purchase for an arm and a leg at the price set by Hugedomains. I've read to do a last minute back order with Dropcatch, but also back order on the other services. So, checked with several, and the only site so far I can back order was Pheenix. Do I have any other options or just let dropcatch grab it, hand it back over to hugedomains and wait another year?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Likely they renewed it and you're looking at cached WHOIS data.

•••
The time stamps are current. It was last updated the day after it expired and record sync'd yesterday.

•••
The name could be in grace period. You should have waited a bit more to see if they'll renew. Now it's certain they will renew it.

•••
Understanding this is all the same company (on paper) I would think HD just renewing doesn't spread the $ around enough to their other companies so there could be hope. If they renew while in RGP, $85 goes to NB's books, but DC and Expire don't get to play. I can only guess the play is they will be kicking it over to Expire to have a go at a last minute auction just prior to deleting it then over to DC to pick up once it gets the official delete. Everyone gets a few bucks on the books and it ultimately ends up in back in HD's portfolio again for less they would pay to renew now while under RGP. The nuts of it is that the domain it cannot be backordered by anywhere because the site is still up.:-/

•••
I need to think that a company like huge domains has the internal systems in place to not allow any names to drop esp if an offer was made in last 12 months.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back