Domain Empire

opinion Name some domains you think actually look BETTER as a gTLD than a dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hootsifer

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good luck in your assumption! (y)(y) Like Mr Rick said, before such weird dream will materialize (if ever it will) you may be too old and too broke to do domaining

Mr Rick once said: "If folks decide that since Rick Schwartz is buying .mobi they should too.....that has nothing to do with me. They may buy because I buy but they do it silly and blindly if that is the only reason."

•••
I glanced at your thread, sorry but it's flawed logic to pick out a handful of sales to try and back up your claim that prices are collapsing.

How about we start a thread, .com prices soar 20,000%+ and then post a bunch of handregs that sold for $xxxx. Neither instance gives us a clear picture of the health of the overall market.

You could but there are already too many domainers, blogs, forums, brokers, and companies devoted to .com enlargement

•••
You could but there are already too many domainers, blogs, forums, brokers, and companies devoted to .com enlargement

They're just reporting reality, unlike your posting of .com being dead. And .com doesn't need any help, unlike a lot of other extensions.

Just out of curiosity, what's your favorite extensions? Which ones do you like, invest in. Do you see any of them as being .com killers, if so, which ones.

Last edited:
•••
virtual reality amirite?

if .com doesn't need help why the fanboying and going off-topic in what was meant to be a simple thread about gtlds > .com?

Last edited:
•••
if .com doesn't need help why the fanboying and going off-topic in what was meant to be a simple thread about gtlds > .com?

It is interesting question actually.

If ngtlds are dying and dead, why to twit/blog/post about that every day? We got it already that the horse is dead, why remind everyone every day that that poor dead animal is dying and dead?

Those noobish domainers need to be reminded every day where to spend their hard-earned monies :)

I also have conspiracy theory: this is being done to prevent reseller ngtld aftermarket to appear :xf.cool:

•••
have 3 gtld's

perception_tech
exchangers_club
etickets_xyz

think its enough for now))

•••
•••
charity.network
craze.tv
drone.mobi
freeadult.net
valuable.mobi

•••
Uki.store (United kingdom international )
Marijuanatea.top ( Marijuana Tea)
TYpes.top

•••
Anything ending in FYI. Looks terrible when combined, but work good separately eg.

Keywords.fyi
Keywordsfyi.com

•••
•••
•••
Anything ending in FYI. Looks terrible when combined, but work good separately eg.

Keywords.fyi
Keywordsfyi.com

Both examples look terrible imo... (and both are available to handreg).

Last edited:
•••
•••
.com is still good for international company websites, though for a online service gTLD are much better.

freeradio.com
free.radio

printingcompany.com
printing.company

•••
•••
bet.net
hosting.net

Last edited:
•••
Hire.Kim
It would make an excellent resume site or service site. It immediately catches the attention and I think it looks much better than hirekim.com. What do you think? (This is my one and only .kim domain.)

•••
Hire.Kim
It would make an excellent resume site or service site. It immediately catches the attention and I think it looks much better than hirekim.com. What do you think? (This is my one and only .kim domain.)
I don't know it's that much better than the .com, but still nice!

I was eyeballing Aunt.Kim for the longest time, probably almost 6 months. Then forgot about it. Now it's long gone. You snooze, you lose!

•••
•••
drone.mobi
charity.network
craze.tv

•••
Here are some of mine.

21andup.club
wear.diamonds
foreclosed.properties
archived.news
shirtsfor.men

My opinion is that it would have to appeal to an end-user.

•••
travel.agency & black.cab are 2 perfect examples.

•••
•••
Just found few more interesting details about huge corporations using dot-brands.

As State Bank of India announced, they will fully migrate to .sbi soon - link

From Wikipedia: State Bank of India (SBI), India's largest bank, is now one of the top 50 global banks with a balance sheet size of ₹41 trillion, 277,000 employees, 500 million customers, and more than 22,500 branches and 58,000 ATMs. SBI's market share will increase to 22 percent from 17 per cent. It has 198 offices in 37 countries; 301 correspondents in 72 countries. The company is ranked 232nd on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world's biggest corporations as of 2016."

"BNP Paribas, the world’s biggest non-Chinese bank, uses .bnpparibas for almost everything, particularly in its native France. - link

From Wikipedia: "BNP Paribas was the 2nd leading bank in the euro zone in 2016 and ranked 5th internationally."

Total assets: €1.994 trillion (2015); Number of employees: 189,000 (2015); The bank serves more than 30 million customers between its retail banking networks in its four domestic markets, France, Belgium, Italy and Luxembourg.

So, 500 million SBI customers will soon see and use .sbi only.

BNP Paribas already "has three domains in the Alexa top 100,000 most-visited web sites." - link

mabanque.bnpparibas has 3,244 worldwide Alexa rank and 111 Alexa rank in France.

If this is a sign of ngtld crash, then I vote for ngtld crash!

Everyone who says there is no use/want for ngtlds from end users is either blind or biased.

actually it is not that easy, they use the ngtld for another reason, it is about phishing.
managing one global TLD for all clients and edu them on 1 domain makes it much easier for them.
further more they save thousands on SSL Certificates which doesnt count for a bank like them agreed. But the reputation and customer problems makes somebody switching.

I have IDNS, ngtlds, cctlds and oldschool .com´s, the people which know me from 10 years ago and earlier can confirm how much I was fighting for ccTLDs before Americans started buying under .br or in europe. After 20 years in the industry and buying and selling 100.000´s of domain names still today nothing is a liquid like a .com, and nothing is so important like a .com.

this might change one day, but not before 2022 (maybe later).

Registration numbers in ngtld´s are slowing down, price increases do not help.

How do you want to hold 10k ngtlds with an avg renew price of $50 if you sell only 1% of your portfolio per year for $500 per name?

$500 per name is what the avg client is willing to pay because for a .com they would pay 2000.
To have a sales velocity you need a certain number of domains 10k is fair?
Am I to high with my renew price? I dont think so, you need a variaty of ngtld and most are very expensive.

prices in the 4 figure range are an exeption.

I have a couple hundert ngtld domains and sold so far 2 if I am not mistaken and bougth 1 on the aftermarket for a high 4 figure amount. So I am not a ngtld hater, but 90% of the arguments rof the ngtld lovers in this thread are simply senseless. SORRY!! but dont worry Registrars love for that!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back