Dynadot

opinion Name some domains you think actually look BETTER as a gTLD than a dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hootsifer

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.ORG is also popular in India...

•••
.ORG is also popular in India...

Right, and it is interesting that India's NIXI adopted Hindi analogue of .org .संगठन along with analogue of .in

Last edited:
•••
I had a few inquiries from India on .PRO
One of them was from medical startup, they offered me $1K...

Last edited:
•••
•••
dance.com is owned by enduser, you may forget about it.

•••
As I see, .com growth has stopped in 2017...
Stable ~127M this year...

•••
Regarding .net
It is trending down...

So the best times of Verisign are already in the past, looks like that...

Last edited:
•••
you can start each word with a capital letter: "FranceHotels.com"

Usually domains are not longer than 3 words.

You could start each word with a capital letter, but driving down the freeway, it would be much easier to read France.Hotels than FranceHotels.com on a billboard.

In the search results, all the domain names are lowercase, so the capital letter scenario does not apply.
france.hotels will be easier to read than francehotels.com

I'm not pumping the new gtlds here, just addressing the readability.

Last edited:
•••
•••
NVM

Last edited:
•••
Some developed sites

jovenet.consulting
sold.domains
gtld.club
ceo.xyz

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
sexinthe.city
beerrunners.club
mymedia.group
mendating.men
lips.pink
typesof.trade
topinvestment.tips
dubaitravel.tips
playpoker.tips
onlineemail.tips
useek.work
fukc.work
ukreality.tv
undress.tv

•••
So, 500 million SBI customers will soon see and use .sbi only.

BNP Paribas already "has three domains in the Alexa top 100,000 most-visited web sites." - link

mabanque.bnpparibas has 3,244 worldwide Alexa rank and 111 Alexa rank in France.

If this is a sign of ngtld crash, then I vote for ngtld crash!

Everyone who says there is no use/want for ngtlds from end users is either blind or biased.

This is a critical case of a domainer not reasoning like a business person. I guess these few banks you mentioned would be the ones to buy off all your gtlds?

The overwhelming number of consumers sees .com as the "go to" tld and are willing to pay bulks for it. Nothing can change that even in the next 100yrs.

•••
mabanque.bnpparibas has 3,244 worldwide Alexa rank and 111 Alexa rank in France.

If this is a sign of ngtld crash, then I vote for ngtld crash!

Everyone who says there is no use/want for ngtlds from end users is either blind or biased.

But this is a case of one in one hundred. If 99 people don't want to buy a product and 1 wants to is this not a crash?

If 10% want them they have enjoyed some degree of success.
if 30% want them they are doing really well
if over 50% want them they dominate the market

if 1% want them, crash

Last edited:
•••
This is a critical case of a domainer not reasoning like a business person. I guess these few banks you mentioned would be the ones to buy off all your gtlds?

The overwhelming number of consumers sees .com as the "go to" tld and are willing to pay bulks for it. Nothing can change that even in the next 100yrs.

You seem not to get it.

That was about hundreds of millions of people who will soon discover and adapt the world of ngtlds for their everyday life. "Hundreds of millions, Karl" (c)

Those who say people see .com as the "go to" tld should realize that is because "overwhelming number of consumers" never ever heard about ngtlds/biz/info etc. and more importantly, never ever used anything but comnetorgcctld for their everyday needs. Now they will do. Soon SBI will promote ngtld among hundreds of millions of people. And they will see that there is alternative to .com/.cctld which is nothing different from .com/.cctld

Again, except lot of type-in traffic to .sbi and drop of most of type-in traffic to sbi.co.in and onlinesbi.com. As it has happened with legacy gtlds/cctlds, people will type-in many typos, and also will try to find SBI websites on something like .onlinesbi or .statebankofindia. And people will try to type-in dot-other-India-banks too, for example, .RBI (RBI is another India's large bank). I.e. people will adapt ngtlds.

"Business person" can further realize how it will affect ngtld aftermarket.

•••
Development will happen, marketing dollars will follow...

Sure, but the problem nGTLD advocates are overlooking is that development and marketing spend will be spread super thin throughout how many nGTLDs? This invariably limits exposure to internet users to a small number of strings.

A seismic shift in dev and marketing spend would be necessary for mainstream adoption. Unless this happens the majority are doomed to fail.

Last week I went by a petrol station or a gas station as many might call it around here, I was interested to see them using a slogan with a .shop advertised, which I thought looked good. Turns out they're just using the dot for visual effect and it's nothing to do with.shop.

Throughout all my internet activity it has always shocked me how the average internet user has very limited knowledge of the net, and that's putting it nicely.

To educate the average user to change their habbits would take an extraordinary amount of marketing spend.

Last edited:
•••
Development will happen, marketing dollars will follow...

Sure, but the problem nGTLD advocates are overlooking is that development and marketing spend will be spread super thin throughout how many nGTLDs? This invariably limits exposure to internet users to a small number of strings.

A seismic shift in dev and marketing spend would be necessary for mainstream adoption.

I guess most of ngtld advocates will agree with you. And with Kate regarding critical mass.

I think what most of ngltd advocates want to say is that .com/.cctlds are not (and won't be) dead and ngtlds are not (and won't be) dead either. Huge money to be made with .com/.cctlds and much money to be made with ngtlds, and that ngtld is just another opportunity.

Last edited:
•••
I guess most of ngtld advocates will agree with you. And with Kate regarding critical mass.

I think what most of ngltd advocates want to say is that .com/.cctlds are not (and won't be) dead and ngtlds are not (and won't be) dead either. Huge money to be made with .com/.cctlds and much money to be made with ngtlds, and that ngtld is just another opportunity.

I'd agree, when I say failure I mean they won't go mainstream and they'll be resigned to treading water at best.

I'd argue that if you have the skillset to be profitable with gtdls, I suspect you'd make a better ROI focusing on .com, .org and other cctlds.

I've tried the ngtld game and I spent an inordinate amount of time fishing for good non premiums, I decided my time and money was better spent elsewhere.

I genuinely believe that if there wasn't as much greed in the space and that if registrations were a free for all, we'd be having a very different conversation.today.

•••
You seem not to get it.

That was about hundreds of millions of people who will soon discover and adapt the world of ngtlds for their everyday life. "Hundreds of millions, Karl" (c)

Those who say people see .com as the "go to" tld should realize that is because "overwhelming number of consumers" never ever heard about ngtlds/biz/info etc. and more importantly, never ever used anything but comnetorgcctld for their everyday needs. Now they will do. Soon SBI will promote ngtld among hundreds of millions of people. And they will see that there is alternative to .com/.cctld which is nothing different from .com/.cctld

Again, except lot of type-in traffic to .sbi and drop of most of type-in traffic to sbi.co.in and onlinesbi.com. As it has happened with legacy gtlds/cctlds, people will type-in many typos, and also will try to find SBI websites on something like .onlinesbi or .statebankofindia. And people will try to type-in dot-other-India-banks too, for example, .RBI (RBI is another India's large bank). I.e. people will adapt ngtlds.

Good luck in your assumption! (y)(y) Like Mr Rick said, before such weird dream will materialize (if ever it will) you may be too old and too broke to do domaining

Last edited:
•••
You seem not to get it.

mostly disagree. Even if a person were to use online banking under .sbi (so far it is under onlinesbi.com) they might see the domain every few days or less often.

At the same time they will visit .in, .co.in and .com many times a day. They will learn that most websites use .co.in or .com and one website uses .sbi. If they were to ever get a domain name they would want what the others are using (.in or .com) first. They could go with co.in, .in or .com and if they can not get these maybe they would consider .whatever but they will still prefer .in and .com

in the hierarchy of choices .whatever would be rank 4 after ccTLD and .com and that is even ignoring .net.

Last edited:
•••
Riddle me this:

How much did KEYWORD.com sell for in the last auction? Think it was @ NamesCon?

•••
Riddle me this:

How much did KEYWORD.com sell for in the last auction? Think it was @ NamesCon?

what a strange question. do you mean the domain keyword.com or any KEYWORD.com ?

if it is the latter how do you even want to answer that question. there are usually more than 1 KEYWORD.com sales and depending on the keyword the domain can be nearly worthless or very valuable.

compare gold.com vs. cacophony.com

what information do you believe you will get from single sale price?

There are still keyword sales being reported. why don't you just look them up instead of asking the price of a single sale?

the last reported sale at Namescon according the Namebio data

single.com 290,000 USD 2017-01-23 NamesCon

Now you will probably try to interpret this information(which does not tell us much) in a way that suggests that .com has crashed and then you will conclude this must be because the nGTLDs are so successful.

the funny things is that if this were true that ..com had crashed it would more likely due to a poorly performing domain market which would mean that your new TLDs would be even less likely to sell.

if .com does well the domain market is strong and if the market is strong your TLDs are more likely to sell but somehow you believe if the domain market does poorly your domains will do well.

•••
I'd agree, when I say failure I mean they won't go mainstream and they'll be resigned to treading water at best.

I'd argue that if you have the skillset to be profitable with gtdls, I suspect you'd make a better ROI focusing on .com, .org and other cctlds.

I've tried the ngtld game and I spent an inordinate amount of time fishing for good non premiums, I decided my time and money was better spent elsewhere.

I genuinely believe that if there wasn't as much greed in the space and that if registrations were a free for all, we'd be having a very different conversation.today.

If there is opportunity to make money with something, some people will get into there, irrespective of "mainstream" opportunities :)

Agreed, if ngtld registries started with registration/renewal fees close to those of .com/cctld, we could have seen much more happy domainers.

•••
I meant actual domain: Keyword.com - therefore most of what you wrote in reply was superfluous. like .com

Same goes for the rest of your blanket statements with unproven assumptions and unknown facts and therefore unreliable conclusions

a.k.a. BS

•••
I meant actual domain: Keyword.com - therefore most of what you wrote in reply was superfluous. like .com

Same goes for the rest of your blanket statements with unproven assumptions and unknown facts and therefore unreliable conclusions

a.k.a. BS

I glanced at your thread, sorry but it's flawed logic to pick out a handful of sales to try and back up your claim that prices are collapsing.

How about we start a thread, .com prices soar 20,000%+ and then post a bunch of handregs that sold for $xxxx. Neither instance gives us a clear picture of the health of the overall market.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back