NameSilo

domain n00b appraisal- buymeup.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domain invest3r

Pinyin domains for saleEstablished Member
Impact
HI All,

I have posted in the beginner section with a list of other n00bie investments I have recently done but would be grateful if you could appraise:

buymeup.com

short sharp action, affiliate store, e commerce, bargains etc.

Grateful for any thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not bad if you are truly a noob, have seen a lot worse :)

But for resale value it might be hard to move, so value it at less than $20.

•••
HI really appreciate the advice. Yes- a true noob here.

Hmm I am optimistic but respect your experience. Any advice on how this could potentially reach the $XXXX region? Without developing it , ideally (although not scared of giving it the barebones of a wordpress foundation)

•••
I have seen names like this sell for high xxx although it is one of those names where the value is only there if someone is looking for that exact name.

Remember that brandables with more popular, exciting or catchy words\sound will be more in demand and as such acquire higher prices. Even great brand names can sell for just $500, there is nothing wrong with that.

Buymeup would most likely be suited for investments, stock or marketing niches, but I am struggling with the name as a whole... I think the 'up' on the end is causing this feeling. I am only one person though and another may like it more!

Good luck

•••
Thanks disaac, again really appreciate your advice!

Indeed- it is definitely not an overly popular 'saying' if you like, but the words do get said together fairly often and it is short, snappy and hopefully marketable. So I am optimistic! Hopefully with some patience and some small bursts of light development this domain can provide an investor with a good platform. Fingers crossed!.

Cheers,

DI

•••
It is not bad as a call to action domain. I've seen much worse, especially from newbies :)
It's just that I don't see a very clear purpose for this domain.

At first glance, it's taken only in .com.
It's been registered (and dropped) several times in the past:
http://www.hosterstats.com/historicaldns.php?domain=buymeup.com

I would say this is not a good sign. People have tried before you to speculate on this domain but did not succeed. Maybe you'll find a development idea if it doesn't sell :)

•••
It is not bad as a call to action domain. I've seen much worse, especially from newbies :)
It's just that I don't see a very clear purpose for this domain.

At first glance, it's taken only in .com.
It's been registered (and dropped) several times in the past:
(removed as I cant post links yet)

I would say this is not a good sign. People have tried before you to speculate on this domain but did not succeed. Maybe you'll find a development idea if it doesn't sell :)

Thanks Kate.

I should add a disclaimer- I bought this site as a "newbie" last year and have sat on it since, recently reinvigorating the urge to invest in domains. So technically not a super-noob but still a noob!

That's very interesting and I didn't know that website existed- it is getting bookmarked. In the spirit of being positive I am going to say that the reason it has changed hands is due to incompetent sellers. I will try and do a better job!

Re the development- do you think spending some time to implement a simple wordpress ecommerce foundation to the website, then selling it as a website on Flippa would make more commercial sense? Or would parking make better sense?

Grateful for any tips.

DI

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back