Domain Empire

N-NN and NN-N Evaluation & Sales Reports

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am starting this thread here because the last N-NN.com and NN-N.com thread never made it over to the Short Domains Forum.

N-NN.com and NN-N.com Facts

1. There are only 1998 possible combinations.
2. 3 Character.com lists N-N.coms as worth $1200.
3. All N-NN.coms & NN-N.coms are registered since January of 2008.
4. Buydomains has several N-NN & NN-N.coms for over $1,000.

Possible uses for these include...

Websites: Short, memorable
Redirects: Point to long web addresses
Dates: 2-08
License Plates: 44-5COM
Internationalized: Numbers transcend languages
Rare: Only 4 characters
Area Codes: 3 Digit area codes
Country Codes: Many country codes are 3 digits
Good for Prices: 1-99
Good for Interest Rates 7-75
Good for Penal Codes
Cell Phones: 3-45 press com would be a lot easier than dialing a 11 or 12 digit international number.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1-25

I have only one: 1-25.com. I envision it as a Top 25 site.

I'll be hanging onto it.

•••
10-2.com sold for $500
it's on sedo homepage reported sales today

•••
Nice sale (10-2) and nice N-NN 1-25 (and yes these do work well with 'top' lists).

I picked up one like it yesterday 1-15 and goes with another one I have 15-1

g-

•••
The only news that I have is that I already renewed 11% of all N-NN.com market ;)

•••
What are peoples opinions on using these as area codes and what would you say to value please.

e.g.
41-4 state of California: Beverly Hills, Redondo Beach, Santa Monica, etc
42-4 state of Wisconsin: Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, etc
44-0 state of Ohio: Elyria, Mentor, etc

Kind regards,

Simon

•••
Today I watched a football match and saw an advertisement: www.3-15.ru
It's a network of watch shops. So what N-NN.com domain may mean:

1. Short phone number
2. Month and day, day and month
3. Time
4. Price

3-15 idea inspired me and I'm going to develop about 10 of my N-NN.com domains with sites selling watches ;)

•••
I just consider to renew all of my N-NN.com (Date) domain names. (Forget to transfer out for low price and need to pay $8.99 renew price) Never list for sale over one year. It's only about 300 names exist.

Too much money... But I will keep it.

•••
Domain123 said:
I just consider to renew all of my N-NN.com (Date) domain names. (Forget to transfer out for low price and need to pay $8.99 renew price) Never list for sale over one year. It's only about 300 names exist.

for $8.99 each. Thats much money indeed, but you have huge market share. nice.

Btw, i got one more 16-0.com and one N-N-N.com

•••
Domain123 said:

You could transfer them for just 5.99$ to Namecheap and save 3*300=900$! But now promo is over :( You still can transfer them to GoDaddy for 7.19$ and save 1.8*300=540$

Or have they been already locked and can't be transferred-out?

ps. I own already 12.3% of N-NN.com market (all renewed). Considering that 20% of them were in end-user hands, even more :)

Last edited:
•••
Ergo said:
You could transfer them for just 5.99$ to Namecheap and save 3*300=900$! But now promo is over :( You still can transfer them to GoDaddy for 7.19$ and save 1.8*300=540$

Or have they been already locked and can't be transferred-out?

ps. I own already 12.3% of N-NN.com market (all renewed). Considering that 20% of them were in end-user hands, even more :)
We don't see many sales of these types of domains. A couple people own a large part of the market. One person owns 12.3% of the market! That means he can have an influence on the market.
Generic. Short. Easy to remember. No TM issues. All are a plus for numeric domains. I'm very bullish on numerics and think all combo's are under valued.

•••
I will make a research soon with comparison of NNNN.coms and N-NN.coms and NN-N.coms. How many domains were developed, when they were registered etc. It seems to me that there are not many advantages of NNNN.coms before N-NN.coms. N-NN.coms for me look even more balanced than N-N.coms and they are rarer than NNNN.coms

•••
I've got a topic.

What is the best possible N-NN.com that comes to your mind? ;)

•••
Ergo said:
I've got a topic.

What is the best possible N-NN.com that comes to your mind? ;)
I'm partial to 1-11.com and 11-1.com. I own the latter. :hehe:

•••
I myself give my votes to:

1. incognito that I own since today ;)
2. 7-77.com
3. 3-14.com

•••
I have few N-NN.com Please PM me if you like it.

Thanks for looking!

Bill

Last edited:
•••
I sold most of my N-NN and NN-N.
My best N-NN for today is 98-7,COM - available for sale for cheap.

•••
-REECE- said:
N-NN.coms are held in largely very "strong hands". I'm not sure who all the holders are but between me, Andrei, and Johnnywj, at least 1/3 of all N-NN.coms are accounted for.

I have no intention of selling mine anytime soon... They're the only numeric domains I own and I'm quite fond of them :)

OOPS! Had already posted about my N-NN domain and forgot.

:red:

Apologies!

Last edited:
•••
Ms Domainer said:

I have only one: 1-25.com. I envision it as a Top 25 site.

I'll be hanging onto it.

I do have a minisite on this now, but don't know often often I'll be updating it.

•••
got 1 N-NN

I manually checked all N-NN.com less than 12 hours ago and found 1-78.com available, which I promptly registered :sold:

I didn't check all NN-N.com, but a nice namepros member recently posted the availability of 19-1.com and 19-8.com which I also registered :tu:

Good luck to us all :)

•••
•••
took 69-6.com and others
89-1.com is available :sold:

•••
4LTR.org said:
I don't have any lists. I just know that they are all registered. Here is something that our friend ERGO put together a while back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ERGO

N-NN.com
PROS:

1. Only 4 characters (N-N-N have 5 characters)

2. Only 1 hyphen (N-N-N have 2 hyphens)

3. Only 2 number (N-N-N have 3 numbers)

4. Sounds shorter
2-35.com sounds like either two-thirty-five or two-hyphen-thirty-five.
2-3-5 sounds only like two hyphen three hyphen five

5. Some combinations of N-NN.com sounds even shorter!
For example 3-80 three thirty or three hyphen thirty
3-8-0 sounds like three hyphen eight hyphen zero

6. Some N-NN.com look even greither with similar digits. For example 3-77.com and 3-7-7.com

7. N-NN.com looks like phone numbers.

8. N-NN.com will be even more valuable when NN-NN.com and N-NNN.com will be bought out. I can't imagine that somebody will be buying out N-N-N-N.com!!!

9. When you look for N-NN in Google you don't get results like these

http://www.totalcmd.net/images/2-33.gif

10. Additionally I made a research. I scanned registration dates of 1000 N-NN.com and of 1000 N-N-N.coms. The results are that in the end of 2006 were registered 296 N-NN.com domains (or 29,6%) and only 199 N-N-N.com domains (or 19,9%) that shows that end-users and domainers were interested more in N-NN.com domains rather than in N-N-N.com domains. But in 2007 there was a command to buy out N-N-N.com domains rather than N-NN.com domains. This decision was based only on the fact that L-L-L.coms are more desirable to end users than LL-L.coms or L-LL.coms

I'm attaching image describing registration speed of N-NN.com and N-N-N.com domains over years.
http://www.totalcmd.net/images/2-34.gif

While doing scan I found that a lot of companies using N-NN.com domains. I didn't have much time to research this aspect yet. Perhaps I will do it for future

N-N-N.com

PROS:
1. They were totally bought several month earlier than N-NN.com domains. But both were totally bought out in 2007

2. N-N-N look balanced. E.g. symmetrical

Based on these analysis I think that N-NN.com domains has very bright future. NNN.com domains are sold at high $xxxx prices. N-N-N.coms are sold at ~60-100$. I think that N-NN.com reseller prices for N-NN.com will be low $xxx as soon as market emerges. Currently as I know there were no N-NN.com sales reported because nobody wants to sell them at this time.
However I put one 5-78 .com domain for sale just to test how resellers react to just emerged markets. This is the only my domain that I put for sale. All other are in a vault and I expect offers from resellers only starting from 60$ for the worst ones.

I do believe that both N-N-N.com, N-NN.com and NN-N.com investments will be strong as soon as LLLL.com growth calms down and people will switch to other alternative investments. Hyphenated numbers are in much less supply. There are only 3000 domains with 3 digits and hyphens and this factor will be soon realized.

do you have the similar stats about N-NNN.com's and alike?

Last edited:
•••
just picked up 2-42.com

just picked up 2-42.com

i'm 2-42, tied-up.

8-83.com is available if anyone wants it!
i think there was 1 or 2 more avail. too!

•••
These are also Available:
1-47.com
09-9.com
18-2.com
89-1.com
93-4.com

•••
Below are avilable list of N-NN.com and NN-N.com.

02-0.COM
02-2.COM
03-1.COM
03-8.COM
04-4.COM
05-5.COM
07-7.COM
09-9.COM
12-0.COM
18-2.COM
85-8.COM
88-5.COM
89-1.COM
93-4.COM
99-2.COM
00-6.COM

1-47.COM
2-23.COM
2-27.COM
2-73.COM
3-08.COM
3-23.COM
3-29.COM
3-31.COM
4-29.COM
4-49.COM
5-27.COM
5-86.COM
6-29.COM
8-13.COM
8-33.COM
8-58.COM
8-82.COM
8-83.COM
9-14.COM
9-33.COM

I had reg two out many good ones

5-05.COM
6-06.COM.

Remaining leaving for you guys.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back