IT.COM

information myvi.com/myvi.in Vodafone - idea merger in india and they got new domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Debasis

Established Member
Impact
Recently the telecom giant Vodafone merged with idea couple of months back because another telecom giant Jio (jio.com) gave a tough competition to all the mobile network operators in india .So Vodafone merged with idea which is a telecom service provider in india and they still can't beat jio.Jio have more than 30% telecom market share in india.So after vodaone-idea merger they still cant fight with jio.

This time they got a rebranded name 'Vi' . Taking 'v' from Vodafone and 'i' from idea making a new brand and they acquired myvi.in . and if you go to myvi.com it says 'An agreement is reached for myvi.com.
The domain is pending sale.'they should gone for vi.in , it could be easier.

Good luck to the domain owner

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recently the telecom giant Vodafone merged with idea couple of months back because another telecom giant Jio (jio.com) gave a tough competition to all the mobile network operators in india .So Vodafone merged with idea which is a telecom service provider in india and they still can't beat jio.Jio have more than 30% telecom market share in india.So after vodaone-idea merger they still cant fight with jio.

This time they got a rebranded name 'Vi' . Taking 'v' from Vodafone and 'i' from idea making a new brand and they acquired myvi.in . and if you go to myvi.com it says 'An agreement is reached for myvi.com.

2 letters .in are not allowed i guess, minimum 3 letters are needed. May be i am wrong but i have never seen 2 letter .in's

•••
Buyer of myvi.com could be a domainer as well, you never know forsure until the purchase is public :)

•••
Buyer of myvi.com could be a domainer as well, you never know forsure until the purchase is public :)

ofcause. you must be correct. btw, vi.com seems already a developed site.

Last edited:
•••
ofcause. you must be correct. btw, vi.com seems already a developed site.

They would never spend moolah to go for vi.com being an Indian company, unless there's some young fella heading their IT segment :-D

•••
most of Vodafone names are @ CSC / Asc / Corporate; but myvi.com is still @ Dynadot

> vodafoneidea.com

----
myvi.com bin was $16.5k / $15k @ brandbucket / maybe sold @ Dan in installment

other candidates?:
Perodua Myvi car
GetMyVisa Travel services
Roast Foods Myvi Food Pvt.Ltd.
myvi shoes international
MyVi Sweden (Viati Group)
ZeeTV ad (zee5)
mytv.png

let's see

Last edited:
•••
Increasing BIN on my brandable LLLLs wait.

•••
I just checked google. VI earlier had vodafone.in and ideacellular.com - The later domain being a bit long to type, though easier to remember. Don't know how this myvi.in will be successful. It can have too many typos. VI 2nd largest operator with 320 million customers (and many of them using online recharge of prepaid/postpaid cellular plans) people might type wrong domains:

the best wrong/typo will be myvi.com (lucky the one who owns it. he's gonna get free traffic for rest of the life),

then comes myv.in - I myself missed-typed this just now in the browser!!

and last one comes is myvi.in.com

But anyhow, the shorted domain is better than ideacellular.

p.s. Considering such huge company, they should have gone for .COM

Last edited:
•••
They would never spend moolah to go for vi.com being an Indian company, unless there's some young fella heading their IT segment :-D
Any Idea who are Bidding on 3 letter dot ins and other dot good ins? Everytime inbackorder fails to catch, someone from Zhejiang, CN comes up?

•••
Just saw ad of myvi on tv nd a thread here too,
Hope it gets successfull
Love from india...

•••
most of Vodafone names are @ CSC / Asc / Corporate; but myvi.com is still @ Dynadot

> vodafoneidea.com

----
myvi.com bin was $16.5k / $15k @ brandbucket / maybe sold @ Dan in installment

other candidates?:
Perodua Myvi car
GetMyVisa Travel services
Roast Foods Myvi Food Pvt.Ltd.
myvi shoes international
MyVi Sweden (Viati Group)
ZeeTV ad (zee5)
Show attachment 166459

let's see

Why do they have to opt for installment, the domain will not be more than one time tv ad cost for them, lol :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back