Dynadot

My Whypark.com Review

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
My whypark.com Review | Making the most money of my parked domains

Hi,
I was just reading through the threads here on domain parking and thought I would contribute my own domain parking experience. I was earlier with two of the prominent domain parking services and really couldn't make more than a couple of dollars a month. There is no way you can build traffic to a new parked domain in a legit way. The earnings are bound to stop, unless ofcourse you have purchased a domain name with previously generated traffic. That too IMO has to reach a melt down point when visitors just turn a blind eye to a landing page with tons of links and leave.

Let us look at the situation here, domain parking companies use OUR domain names to park ads of OTHER businesses. So who owns what? YOU are the main owner of the domain, the parking company gives you a few MB space and runs other people's ads to make ITSELF more money and you "a small percentage". Its more like you own land and lease it out to a company who then starts parking cars on "your" land.

However, it seems like the parking companies call the shots, even though they practically are leasing the land from you for free with no fixed rent. They also want your site to generate unique clicks, so that they make a good profit and give you some peanuts. 90% of the parked domains generate dismal income. Tell me of one parked site that makes even a 100 bucks a day? And even if it does now, it surely had previously generated traffic. How long will it last? Is it ever going to get repeat visitors?

To add to the woes, here are some points to note:
1. Unique clicks ( How on earth can a new domain name get unique clicks unless some guy decides to pay for directed traffic).
2. No site promotion even through emails. Clicks originating from a mail referral source are termed fraud. Wow!
3. Can your new domain ever get indexed by any search engine? NO
4. Can you decide on the content? Or which ads you can place on "YOUR" site? NO! All you can do is add some keywords and they generate some ad content based on their theme.

I decided it was time to do what "I" wanted with my domains. I tried the whypark.com offering and believe me, I'm much better off today. Today I run my own ads, I add content I like or stick to the whypark content. I also run affiliate ads. Finally after a month of being with WP, I see a steady trickle of both adsense and other ad revenue.

Check out my domain www.domain-parking-monetizing.com for my experiment with whypark. I hope that one day, we can all really start making the most of our domains "our way".

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LongD - As I understand it Adsense doesn't accept adult sites or gambling sites.

Varon - I see some of your ads lead to Ebay auctions - do you have much success ?

Also, which sort of sites bring in the most profitable clicks ? Is it true that insurance and loans are the most profitable ?

•••
Advaita, I have had some success with Auction Ads. Its pretty relevant for my domain parking site, as it displays ebay domain name sales. I am trying out various programs and checking out which pay well.

Yes, insurance and loans are more profitable but also remember that there are just too many competing sites for such keywords. It's not easy to start the traffic rolling. Btw, domain registration and domain related services like SEO etc also fetch good returns on clicks.

Cancer information and treatment is another good area which pays well. While most people are lost in the world of mesothelioma, student loans and refinance, there are many other superb non competing areas with good returns and lesser competition.

•••
Varon: Have you tried the Veoda? I can't find the sign up link, only for advertiser.

advaita said:
LongD - As I understand it Adsense doesn't accept adult sites or gambling sites.

I applied on canadafranchise.ca , they said can't accept it, I don't know why

•••
longd said:
Varon: Have you tried the Veoda? I can't find the sign up link, only for advertiser.

I applied on canadafranchise.ca , they said can't accept it, I don't know why

I haven't yet. I am trying out affiliatesensor.

I'm unable to find the Veoda link too.

Try not to submit country TLD's like .us, .ca etc.

Last edited:
•••
LongD - I got accepted for Adsense by having a site with 1plus - at the time I wasn't particularly interested in ADsense, I just wanted to park a site and 1plus was one of the companies I tried - their system is based on Adsense ads. and so I had to apply to Adsense, and was accepted with no problem. Maybe you should set up a site with 1plus (it's free) then try again.

Thanks for the info. Varon. I haven't had much success with Auction Ads or Ebay or any affiliate program so far, the only success so far has come from Adsense on my blogs. So much to learn and most of it very confusing !

•••
advaita said:
I haven't had much success with Auction Ads or Ebay or any affiliate program so far, the only success so far has come from Adsense on my blogs. So much to learn and most of it very confusing !

Actually, Auctionads would suit only certain sites where you might have a content related product to display and sell. For example domain names, PS games, books, pottery etc. My results aren't all that exciting. I made a few bucks earlier but currently its not converting well. But I tend to check out various programs so in a couple of months, I might have the right converting mix on each of my domains.

For example Bidvertiser is a big $$ puller on one of my domains, almost pays me 5 times what adsense paid, but on other domains its just not converting and shows totally irrelevant ads. So I took it off those domains.

It take time to work on each domain. It is confusing but if you focus on one domain for a whole week, it slowly starts falling into place.

•••
I'm thrilled to bits I joined WhyPark! I have absolutely no knowledge on how to build websites so Why Park is heaven to me. I realy just want to get them up and indexed so it suits me quite fine.

Thanks Varon and X - you are fountains of knowledge.

Is there anywhere that you can get WhyPark templates? I have a few sites that I want to "do properly". And I would love to get template options for - any suggestions? I wonder if a WordPress template would work - I should try it LOLLOL.

Any suggestions on this is welcome! :)

•••
Hi,

I'm new to this forum but have been using the services of WhyPark.com for a few months.

I've been using a few of their templates but haven't gotten around to modifying them at all. I was wondering if anyone has had any success adding newsfeeds to their WhyPark sites.

If you go to http://www.FeedDirect.com you can get free news feeds to add to your site.

However I ran into a problem when I tried adding in the code they supplied.

I added a custom page to my WhyPark.com website and used the option to add in my own HTML and dropped in FeedDirect's code.

The new page I have displays FeedDirects's newsfeeds just fine - except now all of the "Related Articles" that were previously listed on the right side of the page are now pushed down to the bottom beneath the news feeds that were added.

When I look at the code that I added to the page it shows the width as 150 so I'm not sure why it would have changed the location of the "Related Articles" on the right side of the page.

If anyone reading this has used FeedDirect.com newsfeeds with success on their WhyPark sites, please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

•••
You might give this site a try http://www.rssfeedsgenerator.com/?gclid=CPmv8u2viYwCFQXESgodfX374Q

I can add just about any thing i want, as long as do it as a "custom" page there, which is really ideal, the home page feeds are usuall excellent at whypark, i just add custom pages, add the feed code, and it works great, hope this helps :)

•••
Nice one X. I really do need to get with NP dollars....Do I buy them or what? I should really be giving some reps for some of the info I've been getting. As soon as I figure it out - I'll make up. :)

•••
Will Google classify sites with WhyPark as MFA sites?

Does it violate Adsense TOS?

Has anyone check with Adsense and gotten a confirmation from them?

Will they suddendly view your WP sites as MFA sites? ....which I think is quite possible.

•••
As someone with the technical ability of a koala bear, could the more knowlegable amongst us tell me this:

How sustainable is this system at $100 for 100 sites? The more successful they are, the more sites you are going to want, right, so it's not inconceivable that you may end up with thousands of sites. With the ability to add your own content, and unmetered server space - will there come a time when they have to charge extra or limit the number of sites?

•••
Success said:
Will Google classify sites with WhyPark as MFA sites?

Does it violate Adsense TOS?

Has anyone check with Adsense and gotten a confirmation from them?

Will they suddendly view your WP sites as MFA sites? ....which I think is quite possible.

You might have to ask Adsense about it. I don't think anyone has got a written confirmation from them. But its always better to plan to monetize your site with a mix of ad networks and not depend on just one source.

Jasdon, I don't think they will and can, start charging existing members more money in the future to retain their 100 domains. However, I'm not sure if they plan to retain the current subscription rates in the future. But I'm sure that I won't have to pay an extra dime unless I intend to add more than 100 domains.

•••
•••
I think the good part of whypark is that you can completely take off the article content and use your own unique content whenever you want. So, nobody has anything to worry about. I have added my own content to many of my domains and they don't even look like WP sites anymore.

WP is definitely different from the other run of the mill MFA sites. It gives you an easy option to create your own content. IMO, WP is way out of the "MFA" league. I can guarantee that none of my sites, currently can be classified as "MFA". They have all been redesigned with unique content. And the fact that I'm paying a dollar per site makes it worthwhile.

What Google does or wants to do should not bother any WP user. They should rather move with the times and try to add their own content and layout designs. This would help them create a unique asset for a lifetime, rather than just rely on the standard article feeds.

•••
Does anybody know of any guides that may help in adding your own content as well as integrating the whypark generated articles? This is obviously my first post, and while I've been lurking around searching for more information, thought I would ask. Any help or input would be appreciated.

•••
you have sold me Varon. I clicked the link from your site, so I hope you get a nice earner from me joining. You deserve it.
Your information has been exactly what I have been looking for. I have had 152 clicks on one domain on sedo and made 5c. :lol:

great info cheers.

•••
Canadian Hottie

Breath taking blonde undressing from her canadian bikini while teasing with her perfect body All this and more!

•••
•••
ArctDerti said:
Breath taking blonde undressing from her canadian bikini while teasing with her perfect body All this and more!

lol..well... duh...what is a canadian bikini? I thought you never needed a bikini in Canada.

Thanks BDM. Khop Khun Maak. Appreciate it. :) Looks like ClickBank kept those dollars for themselves... lol.

Avi2l... there are no guides on the whypark site for that topic. You can use the custom pages feature to add your content.

Tom, I haven't tried the RSS feeds. I will try looking for some information on that. Have you asked whypark support?

•••
Varon said:
lol..well... duh...what is a canadian bikini? I thought you never needed a bikini in Canada.

Thanks BDM. Khop Khun Maak. Appreciate it. :) Looks like ClickBank kept those dollars for themselves... lol.

Avi2l... there are no guides on the whypark site for that topic. You can use the custom pages feature to add your content.

Tom, I haven't tried the RSS feeds. I will try looking for some information on that. Have you asked whypark support?

Mai Pen Rai Krap. :hehe:

No I made a mistake on my form filling out, Ill let you know when its rectified and will PM you.
cheers

•••
Not a problem BDM1. I just hope you make the most out of the program when you join. But the 152 clicks for 5 cents at Sedo is unbelievable. You mean you got paid 5 cents per click or a 5 cents total for 152 clicks?

I think you are mentioning 5 cents revenue for a total of 152 clicks. That is ..... ridiculous. :-/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back