Domain Empire

My Whypark.com Review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My whypark.com Review | Making the most money of my parked domains

Hi,
I was just reading through the threads here on domain parking and thought I would contribute my own domain parking experience. I was earlier with two of the prominent domain parking services and really couldn't make more than a couple of dollars a month. There is no way you can build traffic to a new parked domain in a legit way. The earnings are bound to stop, unless ofcourse you have purchased a domain name with previously generated traffic. That too IMO has to reach a melt down point when visitors just turn a blind eye to a landing page with tons of links and leave.

Let us look at the situation here, domain parking companies use OUR domain names to park ads of OTHER businesses. So who owns what? YOU are the main owner of the domain, the parking company gives you a few MB space and runs other people's ads to make ITSELF more money and you "a small percentage". Its more like you own land and lease it out to a company who then starts parking cars on "your" land.

However, it seems like the parking companies call the shots, even though they practically are leasing the land from you for free with no fixed rent. They also want your site to generate unique clicks, so that they make a good profit and give you some peanuts. 90% of the parked domains generate dismal income. Tell me of one parked site that makes even a 100 bucks a day? And even if it does now, it surely had previously generated traffic. How long will it last? Is it ever going to get repeat visitors?

To add to the woes, here are some points to note:
1. Unique clicks ( How on earth can a new domain name get unique clicks unless some guy decides to pay for directed traffic).
2. No site promotion even through emails. Clicks originating from a mail referral source are termed fraud. Wow!
3. Can your new domain ever get indexed by any search engine? NO
4. Can you decide on the content? Or which ads you can place on "YOUR" site? NO! All you can do is add some keywords and they generate some ad content based on their theme.

I decided it was time to do what "I" wanted with my domains. I tried the whypark.com offering and believe me, I'm much better off today. Today I run my own ads, I add content I like or stick to the whypark content. I also run affiliate ads. Finally after a month of being with WP, I see a steady trickle of both adsense and other ad revenue.

Check out my domain www.domain-parking-monetizing.com for my experiment with whypark. I hope that one day, we can all really start making the most of our domains "our way".

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you must to do you disclamer about WhyPark?
It looks like you are the owner. Or not?
And your blog is also about WhyPark.

•••
Hi Rocko,

Geez, I'm not the owner. Maybe one day I would love to be that rich though, to start my own parking service. Thanks a lot for your advice. I have put in a disclaimer on the blog.

I had a domain name on domain monetizing and thought I'd rather write my own content in it.

:santa:

•••
nice site, Have you had any success with the keyword elite affiliate program? I was wondering this: If a visitor simply subscribes to brad cullens trial, will you still get the commission if the customer then sign up in a months time?

cheers,

Aaron

•••
Aaron, thanks. I thought I would use the weekend to add some monetizing ideas to this domain.

About the keyword elite affiliate program, I believe, I would be entitled to an income only if an actual purchase is generated after the trial. I think that is fair enough.

I decided to promote stuff which I have actually used rather than just anything that just pays me higher commissions.

I am trying to achieve a balance with affiliate programs and adsense. On some of my sites I have focussed totally on adsense ads, while on others, I have tried balancing the monetizing effort.

I love google's adsense program and feel that google is a trusted partner paying good revenues. However, I need to be self reliant and not depend on just one income stream. My strategy is to use WP's content and my also my own at times. My end goal would be to try to sell off these domains in a year's time. By then, I am sure that I would be generating unique traffic of atleast 50-100 visitors per day on each domain. Even if I could make $1000-1500 on each of these domains in a year's time, I would be satisfied. However, I feel I can do much better.

Hopefully, I can sell of these domains at the year end for a substantial amount. I may even decide to retain domains which are doing extremely well or which cater to a niche segment.

•••
Kudos to you, Varon!

Varon said:
I am trying to achieve a balance with affiliate programs and adsense. On some of my sites I have focussed totally on adsense ads, while on others, I have tried balancing the monetizing effort.
Excellent adsense integration on the 2 sites I visited! Purt' near to
seamless .:lala:

It's true the template is pretty bland and the eyeball is a nice touch. Can you put a header? Do they limit the photos/images?

All in all , very nice work! Aprox. how long did it take you to get the first site to your satisfaction?

Thanks for the info,
Di

•••
Hi Di,
I'm glad you liked the adsense blending. I actually have very less knowledge of HTML, CSS etc and am now starting to pick up some basics. I started off in Dec 06. Tried domain parking for a month and then thought I'd do it my own way.

Yeah the Whypark template is dull. WP told me they are coming up with some new templates. However, I thought I'd take the opportunity to do some value addition on HTML myself. It always helps to know your codes.

About the layout changes, yes, you can change the headers and there is no limit to photos/images, as long as they are hosted elsewhere. I use photobucket for mine. I am designing some headers for a few domains.

My first template change took me around 6 hours to complete. I applied the same template to all my domains. However, I'm never satisfied with my domain design and keep tweaking them as and when I learn something new. Actually I'm enjoying the learning.

I am now trying to use some of my domains completely dedicated to some affiliate products from Joe Bucks and Click Bank. That should pull in a few bucks.

:santa:

•••
So, did you actually use the Michael Cheney video AdSense course that you advertize on your site? If so, do his techniques work, and was it worth $97.?

•••
Artful, I actually have his streaming videos and bonus pdf files. I am new to the adsense world and believe me, his tips are awesome. I feel it was well worth the 97 bucks.

His simple tricks have helped me in really maximizing adsense potential. All I need now is to attract more traffic to my sites. I know for sure that my current CTR is pretty decent. If you notice, my adsense ads do not stand out and scream "I am an ad". I am blending them with the backgrounds and theme. This is just one of Mike Cheney's optimizing strategy.

I am making use of all his mantras. Brilliant guy!

Btw, I just checked your site. Nice site! I would use my entire adsense quota on a site. The linked unit, 3 content ads and 2 referrals. Just my 2 cents. Why leave even a single opportunity at making money?

Last edited:
•••
Questions for Varon and Joe

Varon said:
Hi Di,

Yeah the Whypark template is dull. WP told me they are coming up with some new templates. However, I thought I'd take the opportunity to do some value addition on HTML myself. It always helps to know your codes.

About the layout changes, yes, you can change the headers and there is no limit to photos/images, as long as they are hosted elsewhere. I use photobucket for mine. I am designing some headers for a few domains.

Great! Thanks for the info, Varon.
What I meant about the headers is, can you use your own rather than what they supply?

Like, what are the limitations to customization or is it like designing your own site, just easier, technically?

Same question to Joe re: the co. that you use for your Vegas and golf/beer site? I assume that it's a paid service like whypark, right? How heavily can you customize?

Smiles across the miles,
Di

•••
Varon, I totally agree with you. I've been better off since I moved my sites to WhyPark as well and happier with the results. Your site is a great example of how you can fine tune them.

•••
Di,
IMO, I think you are talking about the header logo? We can change that but would need to have a WP mention in it. However, I would still need to double check with WP on that.

:)

Thanks Ak. I just checked your WP site. Looks super! In fact, when I first started with WP, your site adsensetipster, motivated me to make changes to my WP portfolio.

Last edited:
•••
two questions.

Does whypark charge a recurring 100 dollar fee, annually, monthly...?

Or is it a one time fee?

Second can you create a master template for all of your whypark parked sites and dynamically apply it to all of them???

•••
Christian, thats a very good question. I haven't seen the option to dynamically assign the master template to all sites in a portfolio. I have been using copy and paste for my purpose. I wish we had that option. I must bring up that point when I write to WP about suggestions. It sure would save a lot of time.

As far as the charges, it's a one time non recurring fee. You have to only pay again if your portfolio size becomes >100.

•••
And you don't have to pay more than that one-time fee if you never have more than 100 at one time. Say you have a 100 and sold one or built a site then can replace it with another one just by revising the old one to new one. I have already done that and makes it even a better deal.

As for headers, you certainly can put your own images, etc and customize your pages. As an example, I came across this WhyPark site that has an image in their header: www.sadtoday.com

•••
AK,... sadtoday.com looks super. Great work done on the site.

•••
Couldn't help but notice you bag $45 for each and every one of these people that go sign up with whypark.com through your site......

To everyone: send me $44 and I'll tell you something you already know but just want validation of.

•••
Kinda reads like an advertising tag-team match for whypark....no offense.

•••
Varon, they've been adding templates now for WhyPark. Check out my site: www.adsensecashtips.com

Skatona & Verbster, Varon was giving his review through his experience with WhyPark. Isn't that what we are doing in the Parking & Traffic monetization thread, give our opinions about which is working and not so can help others. You can agree, disagree or choose to ignore. Myself, I just found a better alternative to standard domain parking that can be indexed by search engines and be able to choose my own ad network and affiliate programs to make money from.

•••
•••
Varon said:
Geez, I'm not the owner.

Even so, im sure affiliate links in your sig are frowned upon round here.. Might wanna address that Varon

•••
Thanks Badger. I really was unaware of that. Corrected it.

•••
how does why park make money?

What i want to know is how does whypark make any money out of this? I mean they host 100 sites of mine for an indefinate amount of time and then after they have burned through the 100 dollars i have given them??? They don't take any of my money yet. Sounds a little like a bait and switch scheme first they offer you a great deal once they have enough sites continuing to earn revenue off of them and they, the owners are scared to switch because of losing out the start to rake commission in. I dunno... not sure... I looked for reviews around the net but all i can find are what seem to be affiliate, biased, reviews. So if i am totally off base here sorry, else this seems to good to be true.

•••
I'm not sure how they do it Christian, but I'm sure they dont have any devious plans in mind, waiting to erupt. There must be some profitable operating plan behind their business or else they wouldn't be doing it. Well, for now this seems to be the best deal for me, I hope it stays that way.

•••
They state in their FAQ "We earn revenue from new accounts constantly being setup. Each web site includes a small text link on the top right of your page and a "powered by WhyPark.com" on the bottom of the page. This allows us to host your web site for free." The way I see it when you get a hosting account you can get special rates when bringing a considerable amount of business so possibly they are getting a special deal from their hosting service as well. Therefore it must be profitable for them in order to offer free hosting indefinitely.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back