Dynadot

My Tip: Encryption Technology is going to be huge. Get a good encryption domain!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello, I am really excited about encryption technology and I want to share the good news as to why this is going to be really amazing.

I don't do domaining like I used to. I would love to do more but I stressed out my wife with some of the risky investments I made in the past and so I concluded that despite making profit with domains, the stress in doing it with my money was not worth the reward. I still dabble with a quota of 7 domains.

As a hobby I have spent the past year trying to develop good business ideas and so I have bottling up these ideas for a rainy day. With my work and family commitments I don't have time to take risks with these ideas and so I just keep bottling up these ideas and hoping that years down the track I will have some good relationships with people who will listen to my ideas and not take me for granted. For now however, I keep working solidly at my job and looking after my family as I think that is the right thing for me to do at this particular time.

When I joined Namepros, I had the theory that if I give really good advice with a good tip for free then I thought it may open opportunities for me. I had a positive and negative experience with this.

Firstly, the positive experience: Some of you may remember the "LLLL.com Countdown thread". I believed in 2006 that the 4 letter domain names were going to run out and so I started a thread where I provided statistical data (I'm a Statistician) showing evidence of the decline. As the data kept building up and up, the evidence grew to a point where it was overwhelming evidence that 4 letter domain names were a good buy. Many of the contributors to the thread became good friends at the time and my customers were more than eager to buy domain names off me as they saw me as an expert in these domains.

Secondly, the negative experience: Not many people have seen this thread: "Auction Format for Domains" where I presented an idea very similar to the Push-to-Auction format that Sedo launched 3 months later. The "Push-to-Auction" format helped Sedo gain a position in marketplace where they have done very well out of. I know that there was a Sedo representative watching Namepros threads on auctions in the months prior to their launch sourcing ideas. The coincidence of the timing of my thread and the launch of Sedo's controversial auction format that did very well is something that I can not prove means Sedo used my idea but it looks suspiciously like they did. I don't mind that they used my idea. I do mind that they made a lot of money with it and never said "Thank you". Because they never said "Thank you", I could never put the achievement of contributing to their success on my resume which I found very difficult. I would love to have had the opportunity to tell people in my job applications that this achievement was something that I helped initiate. Maybe it was a coincidence and Sedo reps had the same idea as me but what I do know is that I have been more hesitant in giving ideas away for free since.

However, I have not given up on the value of giving away an idea for free and so now I will provide you with my argument as to why I passionately believe that encryption technology is going to go huge in the next few years.

The basic reason is that using encryption technology, you can turn a mobile phone that doesn't connect to the internet but does sms into an internet enabled phone. For many parts of the world, this is the cheapest form of internet and the potential is not being used.

An sms is 160 characters of code and may cost $0.05 to $0.10 per sms. This is a lot cheaper for many people than paying the extra $30+ per month for internet access that many people pay. The sms can be encrypted with commands that are sent to a server. The server decrypts the commands and uses them as instructions and can perform multiple actions and responds and sends an encrypted sms back to the phone that is decrypted with an app to provide whatever instructions this new sms has. (Apps can be either uploaded via wifi at random points in time or transferred with memory cards and so internet access is not needed to get apps) Using encryption technology for mobile phones in this way you can do the following:
- send and receive money via sms
- send and receive emails via sms
- complete a ten question survey via sms
- play games via sms
- make sms's that are a lot longer than 160 characters
- send international sms's cheap (send an sms to a server in one country, transfer it to a server in another that sends the sms in the other at local sms prices)
- contributing to forums and social networks
- ecommerce
- access research papers via sms
- giving commands to transfer data in the cloud (even though you are not access it, it can be useful)
- etc...

There are 2 billion people in the world who have access to sms technology but don't have internet access with their phones. By using servers, encryption technology and low priced smart phones, many of these people can have internet access. They won't have it the same way you and I will as their data will be extremely expensive per MB and so they will be entirely dependent on the advancement of encryption technology to allow them to have internet access with their phones. There is so much that can be done with encryption technology to make this opportunity a reality and change the way these people do things.

There is so many different apps that can be developed using encryption technology.

So I have decided to give my idea for free to the online world and am taking this gamble that by giving advice for free on Namepros again, I will make some valuable friends to open new opportunities. This idea has taken me years to find and I thought about writing out patents and fighting to make lots of money through keeping this idea secret but I ended up deciding that even though I am sure I could have made money doing that, I decided that I will give my friends at Namepros one more chance with my ideas and save my other ideas for private deals. I am happy to provide more details and discussion as to why I believe that encryption technology is huge and why this is not an impulsive idea with no potential but rather a new emerging industry with the potential of providing internet access to 10's of millions of people who don't have it now. I will be watching this thread to answer questions but I am busy and so I will do it in my own time.

I have come here saying this is a big opportunity. The due proper process in my opinion after somebody does this is for people to try and pull this idea apart to see if it is really the great opportunity I claim it to be. I understand that I am not always right and if I am wrong I appreciate people telling me that. I am not alone in thinking this idea has huge potential. However, I may be alone in thinking that making this idea public is a good idea. I welcome all criticism on this idea and thank you for taking time to read this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting read. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'll look more into this. :)

•••
Just to clarify, I have committed to investing a lot of effort into marketing the potential of the technology referred to in this thread.

Last edited:
•••
If SMESH or wireless mesh networks goes mainstream the sms internet idea won't be practical in comparison.

•••
There is still a lot of life in old technology like SMS while we are waiting for newer technology like SMESH to take off.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back