IT.COM

.com My sales in March 2018 - $xx,xxx total

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I'd like to share my sales for past month. While I did not have any single $xx,xxx sale, the total was right there.

My total gross for 1Q of 2018 is around $70K

This just shows how important a diversified portfolio is to make domain income more reliable and stable.

Here are my sales for the month (all dotcoms):

Banqio sold on Brandbucket

Listing price:$1995 USD Commissions:$600 USD Logo design:$100 USD Your Proceeds:$1295 USD

I purchased the name on NP for $xx (not sure what I paid exactly). The rest of the names are picked up from closeouts.

Yayhost sold on Brandroot

• $2150 – Total sell price
  • $60 – Cognate’s share
  • $627 – Brandroot’s share
  • $100 – Designer’s share
  • $1363 – Net proceeds
Dentira sold on Brandroot

• $2195 – Total sell price
  • $60 – Cognate’s share
  • $640 – Brandroot’s share
  • $100 – Designer’s share
  • $1395 – Net proceeds

Thegh sold via Afternic bin

$4425 Net proceeds, $5500 gross price.

Financefi sold via Brandpa

$2000 gross, $1500 net

Total gross from these 5 sales: $13840
Total net from these five sales: $9978

Had couple of $xxx sales as well, so total net was still above $10K.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing.
You know what you are doing.
Congrats👍

•••
•••
You are making a positive contribution to the community here. Thank you.

•••
Congrats!(y)(y)(y)
Thanks for nice sharing!

•••
•••
Congratulations Recons.com , you deserve all the best.

•••
Thank you for sharing. Congratulations!

•••
Congrats, for march my net was about $125, lol

•••
Thanks for the informative post - good for a beginner to help get an understanding. Some interesting brandables there, and I learnt a new word 'Cognate'.. but what is a 'Cognate's share'?

•••
•••
Congrats and thanks for sharing.

•••
Domain investment makes sense to me, only if it can be made predictable and scalable. If 115 names work for you, that is great )

I have about 1300 now and will eventually get to 100K names, as I believe I have found the formula that works )

I thought i had a formula that worked for me but turns out i didn't, lol. It works sometimes. I think i just don't have the patience to wait years for possible end user sales so i just flip them on namejet.

•••
That might be an ok short term strategy to learn, to liquidate, to get some more working capital. But the point is to build a model which does not require doing "hamster on the wheel" forever.

All my sales for 2018 are passive in sense that I did not have to put them in auctions or do any outbound. I invested time and money in previous years for this to happen. And I burned through some learning what does not work and what works.

I will get to that point one day :)

•••
•••
Congrats and thanks for sharing your sales.

•••
Great thread, thanks. Its true, the key to sales is having a decent sized diverse portfolio and actively upkeeping all your auctions/sale posts.

This month I had just barely over 1k in sales, but i’m very proud of that considering all names were hand regs purchased for $7

That is a great achievement ) Congrats ) Keep it up! )

•••
Congrats you are on a roll! With a bit of luck you might hit $1mil in sales by the end of the year.

•••
Thanks for the informative post - good for a beginner to help get an understanding. Some interesting brandables there, and I learnt a new word 'Cognate'.. but what is a 'Cognate's share'?

Not sure. I assume it a partnership of a third party company with BrandRoot, but never really looked into it.

•••
@Brandroot ?

•••
•••
•••
•••
It will come ) If you do the right steps and are patient, it certainly will.

Im still pretty happy with mine, my portfolio is only 115 domains

•••
Congratulations!
Dentira is good sale.

•••
Thank you ) May I ask why this one over the others? )
Net profit for Dentira is $1395.
Similar ones i see here sell for below $500.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back