Dynadot

.com My sales in March 2018 - $xx,xxx total

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I'd like to share my sales for past month. While I did not have any single $xx,xxx sale, the total was right there.

My total gross for 1Q of 2018 is around $70K

This just shows how important a diversified portfolio is to make domain income more reliable and stable.

Here are my sales for the month (all dotcoms):

Banqio sold on Brandbucket

Listing price:$1995 USD Commissions:$600 USD Logo design:$100 USD Your Proceeds:$1295 USD

I purchased the name on NP for $xx (not sure what I paid exactly). The rest of the names are picked up from closeouts.

Yayhost sold on Brandroot

• $2150 – Total sell price
  • $60 – Cognate’s share
  • $627 – Brandroot’s share
  • $100 – Designer’s share
  • $1363 – Net proceeds
Dentira sold on Brandroot

• $2195 – Total sell price
  • $60 – Cognate’s share
  • $640 – Brandroot’s share
  • $1395 – Net proceeds

Thegh sold via Afternic bin

$4425 Net proceeds, $5500 gross price.

Financefi sold via Brandpa

$2000 gross, $1500 net

Total gross from these 5 sales: $13840
Total net from these five sales: $9978

Had couple of $xxx sales as well, so total net was still above $10K.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By the way, all BR and BP sold names were previously rejected by BB (not because I prefer BB, but because they got the first dibs couple years ago).

Basically, what I am saying don't assume that a rejection by any marketplace makes your name bad.

•••
•••
Congrats, I wonder if you know and want to share the average investment in your domains, regarding your entire 1300 portofolio.

I have 225+ 4L.coms with average acquisition cost in mid $xxx. The others are from $7 to $xx,xxx ) Most non-4L would be in $xx to low $xxx.

•••
I have < 100 domains and a severe headache maintaining them since I am not a full-time domainer.

Congratulations @Recons.Com for achieving those sales :)

Thank you ) I try to reduce the number of used registrars. Mostly GD, DD for now. It makes maintaining easier. I'd rather simplify routines than hunt discounts etc.

•••
Congrats @Recons.Com
Happy to see your sales with detail :xf.smile:

You're one of few guys who love to share detailed sale and happy to answer all questions asked.(y)

•••
Great thread, thanks. Its true, the key to sales is having a decent sized diverse portfolio and actively upkeeping all your auctions/sale posts.

This month I had just barely over 1k in sales, but i’m very proud of that considering all names were hand regs purchased for $7

•••
Congrats @Recons.Com
Happy to see your sales with detail :xf.smile:

You're one of few guys who love to share detailed sale and happy to answer all questions asked.(y)

Thank you, Abdul! ) Appreciate the feedback.

I love to learn from the threads and experiences here and just want to pay back.

•••
I have < 100 domains and a severe headache maintaining them since I am not a full-time domainer.

Congratulations @Recons.Com for achieving those sales :)

•••
You are making a positive contribution to the community here. Thank you.

Thank you, Kassey! I also appreciate your posts explaining intricacies or Chinese domain market! Very informative and useful.

•••
Now this is how Sale report looks.....Good one mate...All the best...Rub your fortune on us as well..

•••
Im still pretty happy with mine, my portfolio is only 115 domains

Domain investment makes sense to me, only if it can be made predictable and scalable. If 115 names work for you, that is great )

I have about 1300 now and will eventually get to 100K names, as I believe I have found the formula that works )

•••
Net profit for Dentira is $1395.
Similar ones i see here sell for below $500.

I don't see point in selling names to end users for $xxx, as the math does not add up ). The price for those kind of names is $xx reseller and $xxxx end user and nothing in between for it to be sustainable.

•••
I thought i had a formula that worked for me but turns out i didn't, lol. It works sometimes. I think i just don't have the patience to wait years for possible end user sales so i just flip them on namejet.

That might be an ok short term strategy to learn, to liquidate, to get some more working capital. But the point is to build a model which does not require doing "hamster on the wheel" forever.

All my sales for 2018 are passive in sense that I did not have to put them in auctions or do any outbound. I invested time and money in previous years for this to happen. And I burned through some learning what does not work and what works.

•••
Hi,

I'd like to share my sales for past month. While I did not have any single $xx,xxx sale, the total was right there.

My total gross for 1Q of 2018 is around $70K

This just shows how important a diversified portfolio is to make domain income more reliable and stable.

Here are my sales for the month (all dotcoms):

Banqio sold on Brandbucket

Listing price:$1995 USD Commissions:$600 USD Logo design:$100 USD Your Proceeds:$1295 USD

I purchased the name on NP for $xx (not sure what I paid exactly). The rest of the names are picked up from closeouts.

Yayhost sold on Brandroot

• $2150 – Total sell price
  • $60 – Cognate’s share
  • $627 – Brandroot’s share
  • $1363 – Net proceeds
Dentira sold on Brandroot

• $2195 – Total sell price
  • $60 – Cognate’s share
  • $640 – Brandroot’s share
  • $1395 – Net proceeds

Thegh sold via Afternic bin

$4425 Net proceeds, $5500 gross price.

Financefi sold via Brandpa

$2000 gross, $1500 net

Total gross from these 5 sales: $13840
Total net from these five sales: $9978

Had couple of $xxx sales as well, so total net was still above $10K.
Your total portfolio size ?

•••
This is inspiring and definitely something I'm shooting for.

Thanks for the share. I'm still fairly new (under 6 months to this space) and I this gives me and others viable infor and methods. I'm going to look into brandroot. Again, Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the insight and congrats.

•••
•••
Thanks for sharing and congrats!(y)

•••
Congrats, for march my net was about $125, lol

It will come ) If you do the right steps and are patient, it certainly will.

•••
That's a good one. Congratulations

•••
Around 1300 domains.
Congrats, I wonder if you know and want to share the average investment in your domains, regarding your entire 1300 portofolio.

•••
•••
•••
That's a quality month @Recons.Com
Thanks for sharing

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back