Dynadot

discuss My.Life

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

New.Life

THE.COMPANYEstablished Member
Impact
Just noticed...

It looks like that the Donuts registry sold "My.Life" domain name to a multi-billion dollar company.

The domain has not yet been removed from the sale.

1.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The buyer (Media Corporation) recently sold a domain name Money.com along with a website and brand.

•••
•••
Thanks for alert. This will be huge, if confirmed.

So the Whois record shows the recent registration and current status, and MarkMonitor often involved in major corporate acquisitions.

Are you at liberty to say how you believe you know who the end user is, @New.Life ?
The buyer (Media Corporation) recently sold a domain name Money.com along with a website and brand.
So this was the Money.com sale announced in October 2019, or there was a more recent one? The reason I ask is that, although a number of companies operate under Media Corp name, it was not clear from this announcement that Meredith is that company, so wondering if another switch.

Thanks for alert, and hope we get confirmation of sale and price. I have a query out to a contact at Donuts, and will post if or when I get any information.

Bob

•••
Woah. This is a nice domain hack.

•••
Thanks for alert. This will be huge, if confirmed.

So the Whois record shows the recent registration and current status, and MarkMonitor often involved in major corporate acquisitions.

Are you at liberty to say how you believe you know who the end user is, @New.Life ?

Bob, please just simply check the WHOIS and you will see who the buyer is! :)

•••
This company is also the current owner of "My Space" ( myspace.com )

...it was the largest social networking site in the world before Facebook / Instagram era (2005-2008) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myspace

so, who knows what they are going to do with this domain.

•••
Bob, please just simply check the WHOIS and you will see who the buyer is! :)
I see DT Whois now show Meredith, consistent with the Money sale you mention. I did not originally associate Meredith with Media Corp, but I think because I had the wrong companies by that name. Upon digging into their corporate structure, I see that Meredith largest division is called National Media Group.

It is interesting that, as of this moment, and as your original post indicated, the My.Life domain name is still listed as Make Offer on both Sedo and Afternic, and also there is a BIN at $750k on a third place! The Sedo show it had two bids, and the $100k minimum you mention is make offer at Afternic.

I hope that eventually the sale and price are officially disclosed. Not only is the name great, and price probably very high, but the 116 year old Meredith is a major media presence if they turn out to indeed be the final home for the domain name.

Thanks for alerting us to this exciting development, @New.Life.

Bob

PS Edit -- they are a public company traded on NYSE so eventually I think we will know financial details through their required release to investors, but that may be months down the road.

Last edited:
•••
ngtld huge sale requires double the due diligence to confirm

i wouldnt hold my.breath

Last edited:
•••
Sort of related to this thread, does anyone know if there is a way at either Afternic or Sedo (or DAN for that matter) to sign up to get alerts when a specific domain name either comes on their marketplace or leaves the marketplace or say has a major change in price level? I think the answer is no, but just thought I would ask.

I know that at DomainIQ you can set up for a variety of conditions to trigger alerts, such as change in ownership, registrar, DNS, etc. for a domain name.

Bob

•••
My.Life

I love the simplicity and the aptness.

•••
MarkMonitor often involved in major corporate acquisitions.

☝️ They are the worst Domain Management Company of the world.

If you ever dealt with them, you will know. They use proxies to really Low Ball on your name but charges top dollars to their clients even to register unnecessary cctlds and ngtlds.

I would say they are real threat to domain ecosystem. They tried to con me once, sure I will face them in the future. Then will pay them back in their own coin. 100%

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I hope the buyer does something really cool with it. The name has great potential.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Back