Domain Empire

analysis My first month of domaining (First "sale")

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Njtnelav

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone, I'm Valentin, some of you already know me some of you not yet.

I wanted to share with you what happened in my first month of domaining. I bought my first domain (hand registered cause you know everyone at the beginning thinks he is a genius lol) on the 4th of February and I started reading about domains. After some weeks of reading and getting things like domain value, keywords, search volume, extensions, market, appraising and etc...

I bought my second domain, which I caught on Expireddomains.net, and then I eventually got attached to the Domainsherpa episodes, interesting stories, with more experienced points of view on the whole domaining thing.

I tried every day to understand why some domains where bought and why some not, I listed my domains on many marketplaces but nothing happened (as expected) I even parked them at some point but their value was so low I couldn't get a few euro cents.

That's why I decided to give a try to the Namepros auctions, so I unlisted everything and then started my first auction here, selling my second domain which I bought for 12,36 € (9,99 + taxes).
I got 1 offer for the starting price which was 4$ and that looked bad as a -71.52% ROI.
After a couple days someone claimed the BIN at 29$ and I got away with 22,86 € which equals 10.5 € profit.
I know it's almost irrelevant but as a first sale, it's extremely valuable to me because it means something is moving, my determination to do better.

BTW expireddomains.net it seems all crap to me but you can find something if you struggle a lot.
I need more expired domains platforms.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats!

I use expireddomains more than any other tool. It is invaluable. Maybe you're not using it right?

•••
Congratulation! Not for the sale little but for being motivated by the little sale. If you're grateful in what is little, you're sure gonna be much more grateful when the much comes

•••
Welcome to namepros and keep it rolling!:xf.smile:

•••
Congrats. I hope you build on this

•••
•••
Congrats on your first sale @Njtnelav - may it be the first of many more.

•••
But I'd say that at least 30-40% was gut.
thank you! I was expecting this. I try to limit my guts voice to 2-5% and make more rational decision which turns to be quite difficult :-, but hey - 85% profit is great and motivating keep it up (y)

•••
Feels good, congrats....... I too sold Beitc.......com for 44 bucks picked from ED.net, 1 month hold.

•••
Congrats @Njtnelav for your first sale!

My 2 cents, Throw some $$ on hand reggs (there is $1 offer on Netsol going on) to experiment your instinct and knowledge. Doesn't matter if it doesn't sell but it'll give you solid idea what names does actually sell.

Don't go for $xxx (or more) names right away. Gain some insight first, I'd say. Loosing some $$ ain't nothing when you look back at it after 5 or 10 years.

:xf.grin::xf.smile::xf.wink::xf.cool::xf.cool::stig::stig::stig::glasses:

•••
Multa bafta Vali! Si welcome to the jungle :xf.smile::xf.grin::xf.wink:

•••
congratulation @Njtnelav
just rinse and repeat it to build your capital and your portfolio
you might reach those hundreds or even thousands dollars domain price

•••
First of all .. welcome and congrats! :)

BTW expireddomains.net it seems all crap to me but you can find something if you struggle a lot.

I think I'm the only person who manually goes through GoDaddy's daily list .. it can be long and tedious .. but the reward for that is that you can find some good domains that slip through most people's standard search filters and parameters .. which ends up helping me get some really good domains for cheap because others didn't have those names on their radars! :)

•••
•••
Nice. What was the domain you sold ?

•••
First month and a sale! Not a huge one but still a sale. You're doing something right! Keep on grinding!

Congrats!(y)

•••
Congrats!

I use expireddomains more than any other tool. It is invaluable. Maybe you're not using it right?
It is good if you're good at finding great names. I'm still playing around with the filters, something worth spending time with.

•••
Puralinea.com

hi, thank you for sharing your expirience! was this your second domain you caught on expiredDomains or was that one your first, hand-regged?

btw, peew.de but I sometime use to track expired domains but seems those all are backed by same provider/database, at least in member area it has vast filtering options valueble for name elections

•••
Just curious - could you explain why did you choose exactly that domain? Was it just "sounding" good to you? or related to any keywords / search volumes? or was it just the best-choice of that moment?

Mainly cause I did way more reasonable research on the second one, I wanted to know if it was used, first date of registration, and I considered the name to be at least a little valuable to give that small interest in the buyer. But I'd say that at least 30-40% was gut.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats @Njtnelav on a fantastic start to your domain career! Wishing you many more successes. Thank you for sharing with us.

Bob

•••
•••
Nice, welcome to NamePros..

•••
Hi everyone, I'm Valentin, some of you already know me some of you not yet.

I wanted to share with you what happened in my first month of domaining. I bought my first domain (hand registered cause you know everyone at the beginning thinks he is a genius lol) on the 4th of February and I started reading about domains. After some weeks of reading and getting things like domain value, keywords, search volume, extensions, market, appraising and etc...

I bought my second domain, which I caught on Expireddomains.net, and then I eventually got attached to the Domainsherpa episodes, interesting stories, with more experienced points of view on the whole domaining thing.

I tried every day to understand why some domains where bought and why some not, I listed my domains on many marketplaces but nothing happened (as expected) I even parked them at some point but their value was so low I couldn't get a few euro cents.

That's why I decided to give a try to the Namepros auctions, so I unlisted everything and then started my first auction here, selling my second domain which I bought for 12,36 € (9,99 + taxes).
I got 1 offer for the starting price which was 4$ and that looked bad as a -71.52% ROI.
After a couple days someone claimed the BIN at 29$ and I got away with 22,86 € which equals 10.5 € profit.
I know it's almost irrelevant but as a first sale, it's extremely valuable to me because it means something is moving, my determination to do better.

Great start मन... Congratulations !!

•••
Congratulations @Njtnelav
Really motivated by your sense of gratitude.
I hope this is the start of many more sales for you.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back