Dynadot

discuss My first ever parking payout.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
I am writing to congratulate myself publically for receiving my first domaining parking payout ever.

granted during my first 2 months of domaining my parked domains have spent more time in the transitional phase caused by my frequent newbie dns changes, til I came across above.com which apparently does not cause any dns transition delay when switching my parking accounts.. I still did manage to get paid!

so it is official. Bodis has added 9 cents to my paypal account today.

this is purely symbolic to me. and I am rather excited and look forward to a much brighter future.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Make sure to save 3 cents for taxes! Congrats!

•••
Congrats. But you should have stayed silent - now the drinks are on you. Ah :ahhh:

•••
I always believed it's harder to go from 0 to 1 (or 0.09 in this case) than go from 1 to the thousands

that is a start, that's all that matters

good luck! :)

•••
We can only hope you are not into click fraud :)

•••
•••
I'm actually forwarding all my domains to landing pages or develop them. Parking not worth it.

well.. I like how someone else put it in some link I read recently.. he said might as well go park with one of auction houses like afternic.. or sedo for that matter.. then you do get some increased exposure and forsale links. so the guy said he made penauts from paring with afternic but it landed him a 2k sale on a name

he ended article saying that in a sense, he made 2k from parking with afternic

which makes some sense I guess

•••
That's almost not worth processing the payout xD

•••
9 cents it's very serious amount .congrats!

•••
I'm actually forwarding all my domains to landing pages or develop them. Parking not worth it.

•••
I always believed it's harder to go from 0 to 1 (or 0.09 in this case) than go from 1 to the thousands

that is a start, that's all that matters

good luck! :)

that was pretty wise words
thanks

the good news is obviously that there is little room for this to get any worse.. and a whole lot of it to get better

•••
You got half of a domain's ICANN Fee covered. That's a start. Goodluck

•••
@Yusuf Musa average monthly cost of developing?
Question wasn't directed to me but I will chime in. You can get a shared hosting plan somewhere and develop all of your names for just $10/mth. If you develop yourself it just costs you your time, the real costs are in seo and marketing, depending on which avenue you take. Also seo in many peoples minds has become this elusive thing that people think they can't do and have to pay thousands of dollars per month to achieve good rankings. In fact all you need to do is write daily posts to your blog that has great unique content that links to your other posts or even to content on other peoples sites. Backlinks will come natural overtime, you just need to be patient. Here is my recipe for seo:

Unique quality daily content + share on social media + patience = increased rankings

•••
I remember my excitement over my first few cents from parking. Only in the world of domaining! lol

for a moment I thought you just said that your excitment from first few cents in parking was the only excitment you ever experienced from domaining lol

that would have been almost a strangley nasty thing to say.. :)

cheers

•••
this should be an easy one for ya.. but when people all talk about developing this implies placing yoru own ads within your websites, thus skipping middlemen costs (parking companies cuts), and this in turn implying dealing with adsense google by creating an account with them yes?

so far the only thing I host is a one page google based "website" through google domain website builder, but I unederstand this is no good (I think it was okay up to 2012 or so to host through there) for their adsense program.
Try hostgator or similar service and build your site with wordpress. You can sign up for google adsense and after you get some good content then add adsense adds to your header footer and in the body of your site

•••
this should be an easy one for ya.. but when people all talk about developing this implies placing yoru own ads within your websites, thus skipping middlemen costs (parking companies cuts), and this in turn implying dealing with adsense google by creating an account with them yes?

so far the only thing I host is a one page google based "website" through google domain website builder, but I unederstand this is no good (I think it was okay up to 2012 or so to host through there) for their adsense program.

Just make sure you understand the adsense policies/tos if you put their ads on your sites. When i started, I knew nothing and just threw up a site and within a week, my adsense account was suspended for life. I,ve appealed this many time to no avail.:(

•••
They paypalled you 9 cents? O.o:xf.grin: I'm surprised they don't have a payout threshold.

•••
•••
I made 21 cents on Bodis last week! It's crazy how low these payouts are!

•••
Can any of you show how the domain look like on Bodis?

•••
I don't think it's spectacular.. and I think templates should be.. here is one for an adult domain:

ytgytyt.JPG

•••
Wao, I thought they paid you $9K or $900. Anyway congrats!

•••
This should be on Domaining.com. :)

Congrats!

•••
•••
The reality check. I was bit more successful almost paying one of my domains of (bought with coupon) :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back