Dynadot

offers My first ever offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wali Dahot

Top Member
Impact
I bought an aged domain last week from gd, did some outbound but didnt got a reply. Today I applied for sedo brokerage with 15k$ BIN. almost an hour later, I got an offer of 8k$ on undeveloped, Excited and confused at the same time, I countered with 10k$ but offer got rejected with a message that they can give maximum 8k$. I agreed and countered with 8k$ this time but got no reply from them until now. Its been 7 hours, what should be the way forward from here? should I send them a message to remind them about the sale? or should I revoke my offer as this might not be a serious buyer? Or I just wait and watch?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should wait and watch. It is just few hours so they might be preoccupied with other important stuff or may be have a different time zone or may be arranging funds.

•••
Wait. The worst thing in negotiation is coming off as desperate. You might have to wait days for a response. Undeveloped is pretty good about sending payment reminders and trying to collect the $.

Also, don't celebrate until the money is in your account. Deals fall through all the time.

Anyway, congrats on your first sale!

•••
Unfortunately I think this could be almost anything. Was the Underveloped offer via Sedo's network (I'm not even sure if they are part of Sedo's network) or did you also have the domain listed on Undeveloped.

I would maybe try contacting Undeveloped or Sedo for clarification (although you need a miracle to get a propt reply from Sedo these days). Sometimes it's simply a question of time .. it's only been a question of hours .. negotiations usually takes more time to finalise .. days .. weeks even sometimes.

It's also pretty difficult to say either way if you did things right or wrong .. the most frustrating part of domaining is not knowing what's going on on the other end of the negotiations table. Sometimes you'll get more money .. and sometimes you'll lose the buyer to another domain .. although if they indeed were a serious buyer and their opening offer was $8k .. then I'd think it's more a question of time.

Sometimes you just need to take a step back and ask yourself what a fair price for the domain is .. I don't always have my price listed everywhere .. so when I do get an offer and start negotiations, I'm much "easier" when the negotiations are above the price I have in my personal list.

Anyhow .. good luck to you! :)

•••
It you bought it for ten dollars I’d understand the nervousness but if you paid a lot more than that for it you must know then that it’s worth something.

Wait.

•••
This happens all the time they might be messing around wait and if nothing happens move on to the next one...

•••
It you bought it for ten dollars I’d understand the nervousness but if you paid a lot more than that for it you must know then that it’s worth something.

Wait.
Nervousness comes as I have had more than a dozen handregs in two months until I went for an aged one.

Unfortunately I think this could be almost anything. Was the Underveloped offer via Sedo's network (I'm not even sure if they are part of Sedo's network) or did you also have the domain listed on Undeveloped.
Yes its listed on both Sedo and Undeveloped.

Last edited:
•••
Patience is the key to success in the domaining.

Play the 'wait and see' game. I have sold many domains for more than I have quoted / offered. I have accepted 1k usd offer for one of my domains but the buyer disappeared so I have forgotten the lead. The buyer approached me after 4 month. I have sold that domain name for 1500 usd to him.

•••
Where is the domain landing at, Sedo or Undeveloped?

Here is the mistake:
If I was willing to accept their first offer I wouldn't counter.
If I was counter and they rejected, I wouldn't lower my counter in no way.

You confused the buyer with your inconsistent moves. If I was that buyer I would think $8k maybe too much for the domain

"I countered with 10k$ but offer got rejected with a message that they can give maximum 8k$."
It means they can give maximum $8k at the moment. They can give more later if they can not buy it now for $8k :) This what I understand :)

•••
Cut to the heart of matter. How much did you pay for the domain? How did you value it at 15K?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back