IT.COM

My first contact on one of my domains - HELP!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Just a few minutes ago I received an interest by mail on one of my domains. The first interest I've ever had on any of my domains actually. I have been "domaining" just a little over a month.

Now I'm not really sure what to do. How can I know that this person is serious? He is asking for a price and I'm not really sure how to approach him. Should I make a quite high offer to make him counter offer or will that loose his interest? I have no clue.

I dont wanna rush this, and scare him away. I'm kind of torn too, this is maybe of a keeper. Its a blook-domain(for you who aren't familiar with blooks you can read the links below). I really would like some help from an experienced domainer that could help me with the negotiations. Also ofcourse any opinions is appreciated. But if there is any experienced domainer (with several domain deals) that would be willing to help me more detailed, I would be very greatful and if the deal goes through I will pass you an amount for the work. If you are an experienced domainer and would like to help me, PM.

A newbie needs help :\

- Agar

P.S He has stated that he is a re-seller

Blook links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blook
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/183866-i-will-show-you-mine-if.html?highlight=blookd.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain Resellers are notorious UNDER bidders. You might consider a counder offer of something higher... maybe 30% higher.

In the end, it boils down to what YOU want. Try and remember the number you set aside that you'd be happy with. Don't constantly change that number just becuase you got some interest... If you were happy then, you should be happy now.

So, if it makes sense to you, sell it and be happy :)

Otherwise, pass and wait for a better offer. Depending on what you actually do with the domain, the price will only get better with traffic and content.

Good Luck,

GoPC

•••
He wouldn't have happened to sign his email with PH.D would he?

•••
watch out for domain scams, if he says anything about an appraisal run away.

•••
You can PM me and I'll advise. Blook domains aren't worth very much right now, especially to resellers even. DO NOT GET A PAID APPRAISAL. Lots of appraisal scams going around.

•••
As a matter of fact, he did sign with Ph. D. Is this is a scam? Anyway, I made him a quite high offer and I'll see what he'll say. If he'll say anything at all. If he doesn't want to do business, I'll just keep the domain for a while and see what happens with Blooks.

I know that I will never pay for an appraisal or stuff like that.
Thanks for the advice. More advices wanted though ;)
I'll let you know how it works out.

•••
Yeah man if the guy sending this email is PH. D then stay away from him. Or try to scam that guy instead of getting scammed. :D

•••
Yeah, I got the same e-mail once from this guy. He is well known for running scams asking for a domain appraisal from someone he "trusts". Stay away!

DC

•••
I am under the belief he scams newer members of domain forums.If I remember correctly he doesn't "domain full time but runs a software engineering company."

LOL what a card.

•••
hey guys ......i wanted to share this with u.
my first experience with a scamster (no doubt).....read on

Hello,

Please send me price for your domain.

We are very interested in this name.

Did you get offers from other people already?

Our company develops client-server systems ( MS SQL/ Visual C++ ), so investing in

domain names is not my main business.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Best regards,
Takashi Nakagami, Ph. D.
President
Opera Systems Ltd.
[email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my response:

hello,

the price for my domain is fixed at a very cheap rate of $XXXX
yes , i've started marketing to sell this domain name seriously jus few weeks before and the

response is as expected.

if interested....feel free to contact me any time

best regards
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XXXX USD. Ok.

Do you sell a web site or just the name? We are mostly interested in domain names.

Do you have an appraisal certificate?

Domain name is an investment for me. In other words I'm going to sell your name later and

make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit in the future. It's very important

for you and me to know the current market value of your domain.

Of course, we must be sure that you are engaging a reputable appraisal company. I heard

many appraisal companies often made inaccurate appraisals. I will only accept appraisals

from independent sources I know and trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies in a forum
http://domaintalk.ourplace.com/Archive/75039.htm

Juck check this posting.

If the appraisal comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. I also hope you

can give me 10% - 15% discount of the appraised value.

After I get an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.escrow.com, www.PayPal.com check or wire?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my response:

hello,
i'm selling the domian name only....its not a developed site.

Talking abt appraisals...i stopped getting my domains appraised b'cos...most of appraisal

services are automated...as u might be knowing.

even when they say they only do manual appraisals...i used to get
different rates/appraised value...from diff companies,no where the same.

so, my advice is ... have a through research on my domain name.
compare it with other domain names in this category

and only when u r confident abt the commercial value of my domain name....we could move

ahead.

i'd be happy to settle this soon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i need a proof that our price is fair. I hope you understand the
importance of this question.

Usually, people who are selling names or web sites, provide buyers with
appraisals. This is a common practice and I'm not going to change this rule
because it's the best way to protect an investment.

I heard many appraisal companies often made inaccurate appraisals. So I
cannot accept appraisal from each and every site. I will only accept
appraisals from independent appraisal companies I know and trust.

Reading responses from experienced sellers I was impressed by one reply:
"Many Internet users are not smart enough and popular domain brokers are
using this fact to make money. They offer them cheap appraisal services. But
if their customers would have something in their heads they'd understand
experts could not make a professional research for $15-$20. These appraisals
are made by machines. Easy money for such appraisers as
http://www.Afternic.com and several other major brokers that offer cheap
auto-generated appraisals. In my eyes, all services under $60-$65 are not
manual and the results are generated by special scripts. I don't trust
auto-generated appraisals."

The same is true for GoDaddy and SEDO. Their services are not manual. They
are just collecting money using their well-known names.

Thank you for understanding. I'm looking forward to do business with you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
don't have a messenger.

Sorry, but I don't understand your position.

You can always use this appraisal to promote your name or sell it to
somebody else. But what will I do with the appraisal certificate if you
decide to sell your name to another buyer?

I'm interested in your domain but I don't want to risk and will not proceed
without appraisal. I never change this rule because it helps me to
make good investments.

Thank you for understanding. I'm looking forward to do business with you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i cant get a new & diff appraisal cerificate for each and every buyer/customer....as per their independent sources of trust.
i'm now leaving this to you...to make a final decision on how much u could invest
on my site.
or if u have an asking price...let me know.
i'm open for negotiations with you, if u have any.
i hope to settle this soon.

•••
I got this kind email several times, the only interesting thing for me is he do keeping using Ph D....even so many people using this to identify him....

I guess he also will/already starting using other title, like professor , Mr. Dr...that means, Ph D is bad, Dr. may be bad as well, :) the only rule is DO NOT GET A PAID APPRAISAL...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back