IT.COM

My First Affiliate Sale!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bfluid

Mr. LLLL ManVIP Member
Impact
Hello NPer's!

I have sold many of my own products before but... today I had my first affiliate sale. I am happy, excited, and proud!

Here is a time line of how it happened.

At 12:00PM A.K.A... 3 hours ago I decided to use the $1 in my advertising account at __________ on some low-quality domaining-oriented clicks. That dollar gave me 83 clicks. I picked out a domainning product from clickbank. I didn't pick the one with the highest payout... or gravity... or not even the best looking site. In fact this site had terrible graphics. So I made a simple ad for it.

"How I Sell My Domain Names.
Learn To Find Buyers For Your
Domain Names. Earn Cash Doing It!"

I started the campaign at 12PM. I checked at 2PM to see if I had gotten any clicks yet. I had gotten 13. So I checked out my CB account and saw that I had gotten received my first affiliate commission totaling up to $16.61. Not much... but its a start. My friend makes that in 3 hours.

About 5 minuets of work and 2 hours of waiting turned into a movie and a dinner (though I am going to reinvest it :p).

Here is how you get an affiliate sale I believe.

1. Pick a niche.
2. Find TARGETED buyers.
3. Find a product with little competition that solves the problem.
4. Write a simple ad. One that just describes the product.
5. Start your promotion to get the traffic.
6. Be patient and wait for the money.

Where there is results there will always be hope for others.

Ty Maier

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well done on getting your 1st sale. I must admit that is very good for just around $1 worth of clicks. Thats around just over 1600% gains on your innital investment.

The thing that you have to hope for now is that this is a proper sale and you don't get it deducted from a chargeback. I've had that happen a few times on clickbank.

•••
nice work u gto a very large profit by investing a little. goodluck in future.

•••
•••
Congrats!

The 1st sale is always the sweetest.
It's the hardest too! After you get the 1st one under your belt
the rest come easier.

•••
Congratulations! I finally have found my own niche and have made my first sale also. A second came shortly after, and I'm really banking on a third before I look for another niche. :)

•••
Congratulations big boy! :D
Now...what is this mystery site you advertised with that you made ___ ??

•••
•••
bfluid said:
It was... I forgot ;).
Spoil-Sport! TELL US!! :D

What Affiliate Network were you using, CJ?

•••
Congratulation!!!

many ebooks partnered with clickbank
unfortunately I can't join clickbank because my country is not in their list.....

•••
I'll give some tips.

1. It's at clickbank.

2. It used to be a top 10 product.

3. It has to do with domain names. :D

•••
Good Work... Are you still making sales?

•••
No. I cut off the way I was driving traffic to the site. I am about to start driving some more to it. I have been making money from another affiliate program lately.

•••
arnold123 said:
Good Work... Are you still making sales?

It's possible for just about everyone to make sales with Clickbank. It just takes an investment in time and usually money.

•••
•••
And where did you advertise it? I am trying this but looks like I have too mcu competition so for $1 I get just 10 clicks and for 100 clicks I got I have no sale. I am playing with profi templates to sell.
It looks like it is not righ niche.

•••
I advertised in the wrong place and got lucky. Since you would do nothing but waste your money where I advertised I will not tell you. :)

•••
Great Job........... :notme:

•••
Bah.....

Just made a good one kind of through them as well: 42.72 for one sale. They have some nice payouts. Wasn't even a weird product.

•••
good story to all of us, thank you

•••
Nice story... It is always nice to get your first sale.. makes what you are doing worth while! Remember the times you wanted to give up due to the fact you were not getting any sales? Well it is paying off keep it up

•••
Nice job, That was certainly a great feeling, I remember the day!

•••
6 weeks later and I am on my 8th affiliate sale. Not the greatest, but not the worst. :D

•••
got my first the other day. 10$ in adwords = 12.50 lead. Profit is profit...

•••
Nice job~ I can remember the first time I made an affiliate sale and the great feeling I got! It's such an natural high and the hope it give you to keep going... Rock on!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back