IT.COM

My DomainSponsor account status still NO-PAY after Minimum pay out reached

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Thanks for Michael from DomainSponsor and All NPers here. My Issue now is resolved and my DS account set to PAY now.

I received mail from Michael hours ago to express his apologize for Not responding to my mail in time. He said that this happened because of he overlooked my mail, but not other reasons or in purpose. Michael told me that he just noticed this issue when reading my post here.

He explains that "It's our policy to set new accounts to nopay for the first pay cycle. The reason for this is to prevent new accounts from sending fraud traffic for the last week of the month before payments are sent out, and then getting paid on that fraud traffic"

Now my issue is settle and hope my account works well for future. However, I still hope DomainSponsor can post their policy in somewhere to let all new account holders know it clearly. Otherwise there will have more complains like what happened to me.

Thanks again, to all of you! And especially thanks for smurge help me forward this post to DomainSponsor's staff

Julian

July 24, 2012

On June 7, 2012, I received this mail from DomainSponsor.com staff Michael Song, invite me to creat an account with them

I decide to open an account for a test. This guy approved my account at once then I changed the DNS for some of my domains for testing.

Everthing looks perfect. My account recorded few dollars everyday, Michael reply to my mails in time to help me submit my W9 form, set my Paypal account for payment, ennabel the custom Keywords tools for my account...

Everything was FINE untill July 10th.

We know that DomainSponsor claim that they send payment for net 7 days. When July 7th finally coming, I login my accout but my payment status still NO-PAY. I think they must don't work on weekends (July 7th was Sat.) then I waited to 9th evening (Monday) but still no change even though I had reach the minimun $50 payout already in my 1st Month.

Then I wrote to Michael to ask why?

After that, what happend is just same as many other domainers complain here:
- Michael, who always reply my mails in 24 hous before, now disappeared, in sipte of I send 3 mails to him from July 9th to 19th
- Nobody picks customer service call, nobody send your answer no matter how many times you submit ticket through online help desk.

They still make your account be active and accept traffic to earn moneny for them, but nerver pay you

I just changed my domains nameserve again hour before. And will say NO if anybody else aks my 2 cents for domainsponsor in the future.

Thanks for god, they scammed me for 45 days only.

Plz be very careful with this dirty company, DomainSponsor.com

-------------------------------------------

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the warning.

I published a notice to the community through my blog and it got featured in Domaining.com's Daily Articles this morning.

DS needs to step up and answer our communities concerns ASAP.

Is DomainSponsor.com a Scam or a victim of click fraud?

On June 7, 2012, I received this mail from DomainSponsor.com staff Michael Song, invite me to creat an account with them

I decide to open an account for a test. This guy approved my account at once then I changed the DNS for some of my domains for testing.

Everthing looks perfect. My account recorded few dollars everyday, Michael reply to my mails in time to help me submit my W9 form, set my Paypal account for payment, ennabel the custom Keywords tools for my account...

Everything was FINE untill July 10th.

We know that DomainSponsor claim that they send payment for net 7 days. When July 7th finally coming, I login my accout but my payment status still NO-PAY. I think they must don't work on weekends (July 7th was Sat.) then I waited to 9th evening (Monday) but still no change even though I had reach the minimun $50 payout already in my 1st Month.

Then I wrote to Michael to ask why?

After that, what happend is just same as many other domainers complain here:
- Michael, who always reply my mails in 24 hous before, now disappeared, in sipte of I send 3 mails to him from July 9th to 19th
- Nobody picks customer service call, nobody send your answer no matter how many times you submit ticket through online help desk.

They still make your account be active and accept traffic to earn moneny for them, but nerver pay you

I just changed my domains nameserve again hour before. And will say NO if anybody else aks my 2 cents for domainsponsor in the future.

Thanks for god, they scammed me for 45 days only.

Plz be very careful with this dirty company, DomainSponsor.com

Last edited:
•••
I've got the same problem. Apparently they need you to park your names with them for 3 months to 'ascertain' your traffic quality before disbursing the funds to you. O.O

•••
So They pay you after 3 months or not?

•••
it is a new account, you have to wait for about 3 month

•••
$600 later, they say they need to monitor my account for 1 more month just in case. I dont know whats up with tbh

•••
$600 later, they say they need to monitor my account for 1 more month just in case. I dont know whats up with tbh

Everyone please post your experience as I'm investigating this issue. Please come forward if you are a victim.

•••
DS is a horror!

that happens very often that a account will be switched to "no pay".

the most dangerous part on DS is, that the block on "banned" or "faillisted" domains always 60 days of the revenue.

they also show you wrong stats with a huge delay.

a few years ago there where the best for g parking, but for now - forget them!!

pure horror!

•••
I've got the same problem. Apparently they need you to park your names with them for 3 months to 'ascertain' your traffic quality before disbursing the funds to you. O.O

Thanks for the information but I could not agree on that.

If they do need 3 month to verify traffic, why they DON'T put this in their TOS? And there has NO customer service at all when I tried to contact them to ask why my account is NO-PAY

•••
they will never pay you!

maybe they ask to wait for 60 or even 90 days - but they will never pay you!

thats just part of there ponzi scheme

•••
They are not scammers and I find their support ok too. My domains make $50 in 3, 4 months and I am from Pakistan too but they send my payment on time. My account is 4 or 5 years old and was transferred from TrafficClub to DS

•••
Does that mean that they spam holders of domain names parked with competiting companies ? Not nice.

•••
I've never had a problem with them. I've received payments on a regular basis and did not have to wait 3 months on anything. I am going to forward this post to a friend at Domainsponsor so he can address these comments.

Hope you guys get the answers you're looking for.

•••
I've never had a problem with them. I've received payments on a regular basis and did not have to wait 3 months on anything. I am going to forward this post to a friend at Domainsponsor so he can address these comments.

Hope you guys get the answers you're looking for.

Thanks Smurge! And hope we can here something from DS.

- If they put the 90 days payment in their TOS, it is ok
- If they don't want to put this in written TOS but at least my account manager or online customer service guy reply to my query and explain why, it is also not that bad
- If they do think some account have problem, they should close that account and stop receiving traffic from it.

BUT, WHAT THEY DO IS MAKING THOSE ACCOUNT ALIVE AND ACCEPTTING TRAFFIC TO CREATE REVENUE FOR DS, AND DON'T SEND PAYMENT. THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A KIND OF SCAM

•••
I have never had this problem with Domainsponsor, but I believe they give pretty low revenue shares unless you are making 5 figures plus with them on a monthly basis. I use multiple parking companies and use Above.com to optimise my domains--so I can see the relative performance of different parking companies. I find Domainsponsor does not give the highest payout for most of my domains.

The above saga reminds me of how Google handle adsense accounts where they believe there are fraudulant clicks.

I find the following three parking companies give good payouts and recommend them:
rookmedia
parkingcrew
bodis

I have found the following two parking companies give really bad payouts and have given up using them:
Smartname
Theparkingplace

Medium payouts:
Domainsponsor
Namedrive
Sedo

•••
This is horrible, and terrible company @ DomainSponsor.com

•••
I'm a long time customer of DS, and I guess there was never this 90 day hold when I signed up. And for me, I reiterate what smurge has said. I've had no problems at all with DS paying regularly on time.

You do need to login to support.oversee.net to create a ticket. Whenever I've done this I've usually had a reply within less than 24hrs (may be longer at weekends).

•••
I disagree with mkellerman about Smartname being a bad payer. In fact my highest click pay has been with them and most of my recent clicks have been in the range of 35c - 80c which when you compare with some of the others they're not that bad. Overall I prefer them to other PC's because they've one of the most varied systems on offer.

•••
DS really bad for new account owner.I still haven't get my payment yet.

•••
I sure did not know them to have issues in the past, they have been around for a bit. Things do change, but feel they deserve some...some of the words are a bit harsh. Little surprised they arent an active member here.

I believe the things posted here, but I also have knwon them to be a fair company in the past.

•••
•••
Could this have anything to do with Namedrive's purchase of Moniker?

Especially if they experienced a big drop in revenue if default parking no longer goes to Domainsponsor.

•••
What ever the reason is, DS needs to post a comment.

•••
I also did not get paid last month did not bother so much since it was less than $100 dollars. But still they should be consistent about the monthly payments at least make it within a certain week of the month.

•••
Thanks for all of you guys post here, and especially thanks for smurge help me forward this post to DomainSponsor's staff.

Now my issue has settled and I just posted details in starting post

Thanks again!

Julian

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back