Dynadot

question My crypto domains: how to sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PussInBoots

Impact
Some of my crypto domains:

cryptos.llc
cryptos.ltd
coins.lc
coins.vet
cryptoists.com
cryptosters.com
cryptoer.org
thecryptoer.com

When cryptoists.com was priced $100, someone asked to buy it for $50, and I denied.

I'm researching selling them on Sedo auctions.

What do you think is the best way to sell these domains for max profit in a short while?

Regards,
PiB

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's honestly a waste of time to list domains for less than $1000.

If you want to liquidate quickly, list for like $499 or $599. But you might as well list for $1188 or $1288. You just need one sale in a year to cover 100 domain renewals at that price. If you sell 5 domains for $100 you'll never make enough to cover your time and expenses.

If the domain is not worth $1000+ retail then you might as well drop it and shoot for something better.

There's an old phrase with domaining "Set it and forget it". Price the domains, and work on other projects in the meantime. Because it could take years to sell a domain if you're being realistic and waiting for the right buyer.
So it all looks like domaining is a slow side-job, and a typical domainer needs to keep at least 100 domains each priced no less than $1000. That's not the style I like.

I also saw someone salvaging decades-old expired domains and putting them on GoDaddy Auctions. That's profitable but not my style either.

The style I like is to register very good domains like crypto.co and putting them on Sedo auctions and make big money quickly.
I would maybe keep these:

cryptos.llc
cryptos.ltd
coins.lc
LC is too uncommon a company suffix. LLC is the common equivalent.
I try to avoid non com for the most part so I'm not sure about the values of llc, ltd and lc. The plural may or may not take away some of the value. But they are worth something.

•••
Upvote 0
So it all looks like domaining is a slow side-job, and a typical domainer needs to keep at least 100 domains each priced no less than $1000. That's not the style I like.

I also saw someone salvaging decades-old expired domains and putting them on GoDaddy Auctions. That's profitable but not my style either.

The style I like is to register very good domains like crypto.co and putting them on Sedo auctions and make big money quickly.

LC is too uncommon a company suffix. LLC is the common equivalent.
Good luck getting a domain like Crypto.co anywhere but an auction like Sedo or Godaddy.

•••
Upvote 0

Unfortunately your timing is off. All good crypto domain names are taken and even those are hard to sell (at good prices) when there's no crypto bull market.

•••
Upvote 0
Unfortunately your timing is off. All good crypto domain names are taken and even those are hard to sell (at good prices) when there's no crypto bull market.
Insightful. For any field/market one'd better start early.

•••
Upvote 0
Couldn't resist to register etf.vet for $26.24. What sealed the deal is etf.pro being a registry premium that registers at $2499.95 and renews at $2574.95.

•••
Upvote 0
Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Time for some tough love. If you knew what you were buying you would know how to sell them. You didn't, so you don't.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back